Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam (22045 Views)

New Phone Purchase With 50k Budget / Remember My "Ali Express Xiaomi Phone Purchase Problem?", Its Now Solved.See How / Phone Purchase Recommendation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by atobs4real(m): 4:05pm On Aug 18, 2023
Keep it to be vigilant and don't let ojukokoro
to push you oo
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Charly68: 4:06pm On Aug 18, 2023
Someone claim to be jumia reps is dupping people too online. Came up with promo on fridge and freezer and many people fell for their antics last last year. The truth is that the fraudsters have no future because they will surely pay for what they gain through fraudulent means Gal 6:7

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by TemitayoMark: 4:09pm On Aug 18, 2023
It's easy to get back your money since you have all the evidence and his bank details. Just go to your bank and tender the evidence to the customer service, they will debit his account and credit your friend's account. Just seek other help like police statement too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by NastiLord: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by vowiski(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
One of the ways to know a scammer is him giving you his savings account for business purposes..

While everyone can scam, it's less a threat when the person can provide a corporate limited account for transactions.

Looking at this guy, he snapped in a big phone mall... You can't tell me this phone mall run their business via savings account because majority of them use bank loans and banks would not credit savings account because this is a high capacity capital investment.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Creamcrest(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
If you get scammed pls do not keep quiet because by so doing you embolden the scammer to continue,there are certain steps you can take to retrieve your money back no matter how much is involved.

I have dealt with scammers several times and have helped lots of people recover their monies.

You can get the culprits account frozen or you take certain steps to track their phone number, have done this several times.

12 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Agugbadin: 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
advanceDNA:
I dont understand how u pple are comfortable paying people u dont know for goods u have not seen and tested....

is it over-confidence?? trust?? Or witchcraft??
Abroad it works and items are delivered but in Nigeria is full of criminals.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by vickydevoka(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
DerKlassiker:
Good day everyone.

At this point, I have no other option than to put this out here, and I pray I get a solution from here.

A friend ordered and paid for a phone and the vendor blocked her instead of delivering the phone.

I saw a post on Twitter where @Xiaomi_nigeria announced a reduction in the prices of Redmi 12C all through August.

A friend has been saving to get a phone, so I forwarded the post to her to see if she would be interested.
She got interested and I asked around for vendors online as we currently serve (we are corp members) in a remote village far away from any city where it is possible to get the phone in a store.
Mine was shoe, It was just 30 pounds. It's just negligence, if not I would not have been scammed. When I wanted to purchase more, I went for an underground check and found out it was a phishing site
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by ibawon(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
The annoying
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by ify84(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
DerKlassiker:

Alright, thanks. I'll report to the Nigeria police.

No go waste your resources further, police de useless. I don't know how useless EFCC is too, maybe consider them.

But it is unfortunate how the system can't simply trace fraudsters in Nigeria with bank accounts and BVN. The banks are more useless. Yet, you will see how they frustrate normal customers over one thing or the other, they block account but when a fraudster is involved, they won't block the account, they will say they can do nothing. Too bad.

Nigeria encourages fraud. I see no reasons why they can't be arrested.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by correctguy101(m): 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
DerKlassiker:
We took his word for it and placed the order. A big mistake. embarassed embarassed cry

She made the payment on Thursday. The payment was made to 8528492642,
Kizito Oguizu, @Sterling_Bankng. He promised she would receive the package on Friday or Saturday.

After waiting all through Saturday, we decided to check back on Sunday to know why the phone has not been delivered yet.

He complained about the vehicle bringing the phone breaking down somewhere and the need to fix it.

He promised to deliver on Monday or make a refund.

Chai...

Better learn from this and be cynical like this ancestor.

Any online deals you make, make sure there's POD especially if our not so lovely country is concerned. Bois these days dey even phish escrow....

Be well

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by smoke555: 4:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
You can get the money back and even catch the thief but it will cost you money.
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by sylve11: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
Important Information

GET ANY MONEY YOU TRANSFER MISTAKENLY BACK. NO HIDING PLACE FOR FRAUD IN NIGERIA ANY MORE/

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the account refused to refund your money or owner blocked you?

Or you are duped through your bank account?

and then later realized that you have been scammed

For or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER

Please read this careful and share

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a the person you paid for a service or goods is avoiding you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy
CBN FRAUD DESK. (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this?
The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share because you never can tell who it might help.

cool

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Oritna94(m): 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
It is well in naija. Ordering online is the way to go in developed countries. Naija own is just different. Scammers everywhere. I order routinely online here in KSA. They bring it to my door step. Without story. Our own is to think of how to scam person. Smh

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Menclothing: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
When you buy online
1. Send money to company account only.
2. Patronize people who have office locations despite selling online use Google map to confirm
3.patronize who do payment on delivery within his locality.

We sell online for four years plus now and we have a pick up store
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by yetmao: 4:17pm On Aug 18, 2023
Instead of going to jumia, you went to jumia
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by steeltrust: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
Here’s what you will do
Go to your bank and complain of a fraud
Your bank will direct you to take a court order to restrict his acct
Take the court order you got Make sure you send it a mail to your bank
The scammer bank
And also cbn
Make sure you attach all evidence on the mail
Like chat, transfer, acct details etc

Go to twitter
Tag the scammer bank
Tag your bank too and most importantly tag cbn

Sit back and watch how Oluwa fight for you

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Chibuzoripob: 4:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
sad
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Akanoaaa(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
Imagine. Even jiji will tell you not to pay before you receive what you ordered for.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by laidima88(m): 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
All yahoo boys will die an untimely death

U self no see jumia or Konga buy from na stranger we no get brand u carry money give

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Godmademan(m): 4:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
Current cost of the product. Na Awoof cause this one. Sorry for the loss.
Nigerian securities should clamp down on all forms of scammers. It's not nice to be swindled off hard earned cash

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Antell95(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
CarlosTheJackal:
Important Information

GET ANY MONEY YOU TRANSFER MISTAKENLY BACK. NO HIDING PLACE FOR FRAUD IN NIGERIA ANY MORE/

In case you mistakenly transfered Money to wrong account and the account refused to refund your money or owner blocked you?

Or you are duped through your bank account?

and then later realized that you have been scammed

For or a mistake on your part? And the receiving bank is not cooperating?

HOW TO RETRIEVE YOUR MONEY AFTER YOUR WRONG TRANSFER

Please read this careful and share

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a the person you paid for a service or goods is avoiding you:

1. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

2. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

3. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank you transferred to), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK or the d bank u wrongly paid to and copy
CBN FRAUD DESK. (anticorruptionunit@cbn.gov.ng) n also cpd@cbn.gov.ng
& contactcbn@cbn.gov.ng, this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this?
The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. His BVN will be blocked permanently. No account will ever be opened neither will he be able to transact banking business in that name until he clears himself with the bank.

Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Endeavour to Share because you never can tell who it might help.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by Savechild23: 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
DerKlassiker:
Good day everyone.

At this point, I have no other option than to put this out here, and I pray I get a solution from here.

A friend ordered and paid for a phone and the vendor blocked her instead of delivering the phone.

I saw a post on Twitter where @Xiaomi_nigeria announced a reduction in the prices of Redmi 12C all through August.

A friend has been saving to get a phone, so I forwarded the post to her to see if she would be interested.
She got interested and I asked around for vendors online as we currently serve (we are corp members) in a remote village far away from any city where it is possible to get the phone in a store.

Sorry for your loss, send the phone number u use in communicating with the scammer including proof of transaction. Let me do what I have to do. But remember, ones the scammer is apprehended, is either he pay u though the security agency as fine in order to avoid jail or he gets a free ticket to jail.

9 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by President2001(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2023
DerKlassiker:
Please, how can we reclaim the money paid to him? This money was gathered for several months. cry cry embarassed

Please beware of this page @ultimate_samphi on Twitter.

Lalasticlacla, Mynd44, Honsule, Puskin, and Dragnet, please help move to the front page for more reach.
Contact the PPRO of that state or Adejobi Muyiwa force Ppro

Help us recover this money. embarassed embarassed cry
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by christellaozo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2023
Just go to the bank( The seller's bank and complain), i am sure they will place a lien on his account once you provide a police report.
This is the fastest way you can recover your money legally.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by carl90(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
I wonder how you pay for some goods that you are yet to receive.
especially in this harsh economy ?
Is this how trusting you are as a person or what ?
I would never try that in this clime.
Scammers are everywhere in the ecommerce space.
I no longer do delivery.If you want any of products,come to my store,pay and pick it up.
So,all just have to be careful with online transactions
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by chatinent: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
JasonNOTStatham:
Use another account to reach out to the user, tell him that you would like to use him as a reseller and want to deliver some goods (phones). Praise him for his influence and all that... Be serious, show proof that you have the goods and tell him how you would deliver it to him, act like a fool and say if he can sell 10 or 20, you would give him more... Make inquiry if he sells laptops or just anything to draw his attention.
If you can get the delivery address for a meet up, good otherwise it is difficult. sad

He doesn't really buy or sell anything he claims. He wouldn't kiss the bait.

He's smart asf. He's on Nairaland too.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by President2001(m): 4:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
Contact his state Ppro on Twitter or Whatsapp or force Ppro in Abuja
Re: My Experience With An Online Phone Purchase Scam by damiloladuke: 4:39pm On Aug 18, 2023
Reason why many men find it difficult to put up with women. That gender dey disappoint many times, when it comes to displaying smartness. You saw something writing in such manner and you never for once thought he could be one secondary school drop-out somewhere running a scam

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etisalat PAYG Data Plan Has Been Cancelled / Isn't There A Way To Download Properly With Opera Mini 4.2 Multi? / How Do You Cope With GLO Data Network Frustration?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.