Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,027 members, 7,845,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years (237 Views)

Soludo Writes Buhari, Seeks Release Of Nnamdi Kanu Before Handover / Detained DCP Abba Kyari Drags FG To Court, Seeks Release From NDLEA Custody / Wife Of Mubarak Bala Pleads For ‘Proof Of Life’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by Oluchi54: 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has called for the release of a humanist, Mubarak Bala, who is serving a 24-year prison sentence over charges of blasphemy.
Soyinka described his conviction as “unjust” and urged those sympathetic to Mubarak Bala’s case to intensify their efforts toward securing his release.

Mr. Bala, the President of the Humanist Association of Nigeria, was convicted after he reportedly pleaded guilty to an 18-count charge of blasphemy levelled against him by the Kano State Government in 2022.

He was accused of making a blasphemous post on Facebook against Islam and was held for two years without charges following a petition by a group of Muslims in Kano.

To read more, click on the link below
https://www.primebusiness.africa/soyinka-seeks-release-of-nigerian-humanist-mubarak-bala-sentenced-to-24-years-jail/
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by BOSSkesh(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Allahu akbar
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by BOSSkesh(m): 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
He should be released
Blasphemy is not something that can be proved
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by delzbaba(m): 4:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Islamabad..
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
if allah is a powerful god him for fight him own fight,but he is a dead God religion is only for idiots without brain,they better release the innocent poor man and let their allah punish am himself,stupid people.
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by Never4getU: 5:21pm On Aug 16, 2023
zangaozanga:
if allah is a powerful god him for fight him own fight,but he is a dead God religion is only for idiots without brain,they better release the innocent poor man and let their allah punish am himself,stupid people.

I disagreed with sentence but i rebuke u for saying there's no God! Better be careful ad i won't pray that u see the anger of thy Lord
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2023
Never4getU:

I disagreed with sentence but i rebuke u for saying there's no God! Better be careful ad i won't pray that u see the anger of thy Lord
which anger?
Re: Soyinka Seeks Release Of Nigerian Humanist, Mubarak Bala, Sentenced To 24 Years by accordadoga24(f): 5:26pm On Aug 16, 2023
He will be released as long as you are not soliciting for Nnamdi Kanu.

(1) (Reply)

In Defense Of Murtala / Atiku`s Post About Tinubu Educational Background Causes Problem Online / 10 Security Tips As We Approach The Ember Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.