Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira (24376 Views)

Tinubu: We Will Raise $10 Billion To Stabilise Naira, Boost FX Liquidity / Kalu Urges Buhari To Pick Lawan As Successor, Says He'll Stabilise The Country / Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by skj1377(m): 5:30pm On Aug 16, 2023
This happened in Ghana in 2019. Looks like Tinubu is a failure in progress.!!! How I wish he could domesticate local refining. Sponsor research in our local federal universities till the technology is perfected . Petrol will be cheap as well as all by products of crude including jet A1 used by airlines. People will be able to go to work 5 times a week as against the 3 times at the moment. Air travel will be cheaper, lots of job opportunities in our new local refinery as the technology will be largely manual . The best part will be Nigerians will be owning petrol businesses in other African countries and repatriating , CFA, cedi and whatever currencies to Nigeria. The job opportunities will be over 4 million or more.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Winning123: 5:31pm On Aug 16, 2023
See mugu who know sabi anything calling others mugus

Pierocash:
Ok

So they will keep borrowing to stabilize the naira abi?

Chai, too many mugus running the country
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by baralatie(m): 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
You mean $3billion subsidy loan payment
🙄🙄
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by imbless: 5:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
They borrow to reintroduce low budget fuel subsidy, instead of using the money to revive or build another refinery !!Fvck APC government, they are clueless.

3 Likes

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by skj1377(m): 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
This policy will never happen because Tinubu and or whoever comes onboard as president of Nigeria ends up becoming a western puppet at lightning speed. I just hope one stubborn but patriotic politician is reading this and does the needful.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Blaze14k: 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
The bank is not owned by the west but by Africa.

3billion dollars? How will they pay such a huge amount. More over we are still battling with inflation.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Kentursky(m): 5:33pm On Aug 16, 2023
This is a good step in the right direction.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by emusmithyy(m): 5:34pm On Aug 16, 2023
NNPC taking loan from loan sharks. Fairmoney, Carbon and TrueNaira are happy right now
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by nedekid: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
Pierocash:
Ok

So they will keep borrowing to stabilize the naira abi?

Chai, too many mugus running the country
To give watin person no get de hard.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Larryndelaw: 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
Brendaniel:
So the borrowing continues?
But it's not the Federal govt borrowing. NNPC has been privatised

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by fineboynl(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2023
So NNPC is not borrowing loan for the government? Billions of dollars were looted under buhari
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by baralatie(m): 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
jydeskill1:
Right move. This will provide liquidity for more transactions non-oil transactions in dollars.
How is it a good move?
The nnpcl earns in dollars and supplies the dollars to cbn

So how does it make sense that it is borrowing $3 billion to stabilize dollar

Abi nnpcl is now CBN

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by nedekid: 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
Why is refinary rocket science for we Nigerians? Most of this our problems is from importation of products

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Brendaniel: 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
Larryndelaw:

And where will the money to pay come from, from America?
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Bfly: 5:36pm On Aug 16, 2023
No be them dey suffer am now.
Atleast they should understand that is is tough here at the bottom.

I am sure the public officers intentionally ignore first hand media information. They don't want know what is happening here

There should be a protest.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by baralatie(m): 5:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
Larryndelaw:
The $3billion is for fg
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Ikaeniyan0: 5:39pm On Aug 16, 2023
Blaze14k:

3billion dollars? How will they pay such a huge amount. More over we are still battling with inflation.
So is it the loan we take that's making our inflation rate high?
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by EcoNews: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
I repeat this one na rubbish talk

Brendaniel:
nairalanda1 I told you subsidy was not the problem of government borrowing, I told you subsidy removal will fail and they might still borrow which they are already doing even with more suffering on Nigerians, I told you corruption and high cost of governance is the major problem which Tinubu is not tackling and as long as he doesn't tackle it his government has failed even before it starts and will keep failing if he doesn't..

It is not a curse, Tinubu keeps putting the cart before the horse, he was the wrongest person to ever become president of Nigeria at this time, Nigeria has taken a total of about 4 billion dollars in less than 4 months without subsidy, coupled with increased tax and hardship on the people...
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
festacman:
Fuel Subsidy is partially back through the backdoor. NNPC gets loan to stabilize the current price of petrol with FG's guarantee, which in turn saves FG from the embarrassment of 'policy summersault' supplementary budget journey to NASS.

Short term measure to allow both FG and the people to breath but still not the enduring answer.
please kindly give us a step by step of how this equals to fuel subsidy cause they have not said NNPLC is the only one to be importing fuel.....have you tried to bring in fuel and anyone stopped you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Brendaniel: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
EcoNews:
I repeat this one na rubbish talk

[s] [uote author=Brendaniel post=125153327]nairalanda1 I told you subsidy was not the problem of government borrowing, I told you subsidy removal will fail and they might still borrow which they are already doing even with more suffering on Nigerians, I told you corruption and high cost of governance is the major problem which Tinubu is not tackling and as long as he doesn't tackle it his government has failed even before it starts and will keep failing if he doesn't..

It is not a curse, Tinubu keeps putting the cart before the horse, he was the wrongest person to ever become president of Nigeria at this time, Nigeria has taken a total of about 4 billion dollars in less than 4 months without subsidy, coupled with increased tax and hardship on the people...[/s]

Oga, counter with facts.....

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Dest8sman: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
Sourcing of loan has moved from being the statutory duty of the central bank to that of nnpc. Let me go and alert iya amala that it will soon become her duty.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Ayed44: 5:41pm On Aug 16, 2023
So where is the 2 trillion naira saved from subsidy removal?

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by victorsola: 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

They will call you a wailer that will wail for more 7yrs and 9 months

Meanwhile na them dey suffer pass
online billionaire how u sure say na dem suffer pass . But u know ur papa suffer pass tinubu .
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by cidieschat(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
I thought the NNPC is now a private company, why do they take loan on our behalf

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by festacman(m): 5:42pm On Aug 16, 2023
leokid866:
please kindly give us a step by step of how this equals to fuel subsidy cause they have not said NNPLC is the only one to be importing fuel.....have you tried to bring in fuel and anyone stopped you?

Where is forex to import? Who did you think solely import fuel in the last 8 years?
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by fabolouz1(m): 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2023
This should be part of the $25bn unremited funds exposed by the then CBN governor ,lamido sanusi.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by ebufa: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
At the end na still South South Oil them go use salvage the Mumu naira at the expense of our destroyed and damaged soil that that can’t grow a mere grass

Na we still dey suffocate with black soot all over Niger Delta while the barren region eat fat on our Mumu disunity

Omo Abeg I no wan vex this evening

Awa oyel gang! It is time to lament!
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:45pm On Aug 16, 2023
uche393:
I don't understand... wtf?
a privatised institution borrowing USD to stabilise NGN
our country is a joke
yes cause the issue with the oil sector is predicated on the fx market, they said they can't access fx at the i&e window cause there's not enough cash flow, the NNPLC through its oil contracts is flushing $3Billion into the FX market to allow liquidity and you people are still shouting.......so they do you shout....they don't do you shout.....what do you now want?
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
sojisenai:
Borrowing to stabilize beats logic...but well, what do I know?
absolutely nothing.....
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by GreatrAnalyst: 5:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Temporary solution.
When will refinery work
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by MRMRMR: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:
At the end na still South South Oil them go use salvage the Mumu naira at the expense of our destroyed and damaged soil that that can’t grow a mere grass

Na we still dey suffocate with black soot all over Niger Delta while the barren region eat fat on our Mumu disunity

Omo Abeg I no wan vex this evening
Are u a real South Southerner or some ipog masquerading as S.southern?
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by EdiskyHarry: 5:47pm On Aug 16, 2023
Shame on all the south south leaders

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onnoghen: CCT Chair Snubs Query, Says I Report Only To Presidency / Kalu Asks Buhari To Pick A Successor From The North East / No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.