Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira (24377 Views)

Tinubu: We Will Raise $10 Billion To Stabilise Naira, Boost FX Liquidity / Kalu Urges Buhari To Pick Lawan As Successor, Says He'll Stabilise The Country / Power: FG Seeks Fresh $3bn Loan As Darkness Pervades Nigeria(Punch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2023
festacman:

Where is forex to import? Who did you think solely import fuel in the last 8 years?
Oga learn to read before buhari left he opened up the market so independent marketers can bring in fuel....several of them have been bringing in fuel since june.....learn to read and stay updated please.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nnpcl-monopoly-ends-as-marketers-fuel-vessel-arrives/%3famp

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by MRMRMR: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
mayorkent:
Lols , borrow to stabilize naira ..
This is elementary economics especially when u have shortage of forex.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Hopebringer: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
Brendaniel:
nairalanda1 I told you subsidy was not the problem of government borrowing, I told you subsidy removal will fail and they might still borrow which they are already doing even with more suffering on Nigerians, I told you corruption and high cost of governance is the major problem which Tinubu is not tackling and as long as he doesn't tackle it his government has failed even before it starts and will keep failing if he doesn't..

It is not a curse, Tinubu keeps putting the cart before the horse, he was the wrongest person to ever become president of Nigeria at this time, Nigeria has taken a total of about 4 billion dollars in less than 4 months without subsidy, coupled with increased tax and hardship on the people...

True
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2023
fieryblitz:
What's the business of NNPC and monetary policy? This country matter dey funny me! Where's the Ministry of Finance/ CBN governor?
so you're saying your top money maker should not be involved in your monetary policies? 🤔.....what a wawu

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Ikaeniyan0: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
skj1377:
This happened in Ghana in 2019.
Can you explain how something like this happened in Ghana.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
jydeskill1:
Right move. This will provide liquidity for more transactions non-oil transactions in dollars.
let them use it for only oil transactions O.....that our biggest problem right now....

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by waveman2: 5:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
Thank you some people are just busy round tripping and making alot of money why won't the demand be high.The banks are culprit in these.i have said it before nigerian economy is very easy to understand.
masseratti:
We cannot go on like this.. This is not the way out to stabilize the naira, the only solution is to go the way we did with fuel subsidy, no more special treatment, if you have a window the I and E window and a parallel market with two different rates in one economy, some privileged people who have access to the I and E window to buy Dollars will buy it at a lower rate and sell at the parallel market at an higher rates, also the world is no more in the 90s where market forces closes with banking hours, shut down the I and E windows, buy and sell the dollars at the going rates in the parallel market.. With that you have unified the exchange rates and allowed it to float freely, stop selling to the banks. If you have to sell to the banks sell at the aboki rates and buy at aboki rates.. The demand for dollars I can guarantee will go down 40% under just one week.. Thereby forcing the rate down...
The CBN honcos knows this, this is what we need not loans to defend the naira

It might be ok for short term but what happens when it's exhausted? It's a vicious circle.. Only way out is for CBN since they are the largest holder of the currency or the IOCs to buy and sell at the parallel market rates abolish the I and E window.. It's just a conduit for another round tripping.. That's what is causing the rise in dollars thereby triggering inflation.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Hopebringer: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
masseratti:
We cannot go on like this.. This is not the way out to stabilize the naira, the only solution is to go the way we did with fuel subsidy, no more special treatment, if you have a window the I and E window and a parallel market with two different rates in one economy, some privileged people who have access to the I and E window to buy Dollars will buy it at a lower rate and sell at the parallel market at an higher rates, also the world is no more in the 90s where market forces closes with banking hours, shut down the I and E windows, buy and sell the dollars at the going rates in the parallel market.. With that you have unified the exchange rates and allowed it to float freely, stop selling to the banks. If you have to sell to the banks sell at the aboki rates and buy at aboki rates.. The demand for dollars I can guarantee will go down 40% under just one week.. Thereby forcing the rate down...

It might be ok for short term but what happens when it's exhausted? It's a vicious circle.. Only way out is for CBN since they are the largest holder of the currency or the IOCs to buy and sell at the parallel market rates abolish the I and E window.. It's just a conduit for another round tripping.. That's what is causing the rise in dollars thereby triggering inflation.

Exactly!! I was just discussing this with a friend right now 🤣🤣

Tinubu is very insincere. He knows this but the useless man won't do it because he and his friends also benefit from this I / E window

Its how the elite enrich themselves from their bedrooms
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by festacman(m): 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
leokid866:
Oga learn to read before buhari left he opened up the market so independent marketers can bring in fuel....several of them have been bringing in fuel since june.....learn to read and stay updated please.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/nnpcl-monopoly-ends-as-marketers-fuel-vessel-arrives/%3famp

Ok. If you insist.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Kaiser20: 5:53pm On Aug 16, 2023
uche393:
I don't understand... wtf?
a privatised institution borrowing USD to stabilise NGN
our country is a joke
Thanks to Jagaban Mumu, the political lord of some zombies.
He built Lagos, now is the time to rebuild Nigeria, Tinubu's brain scattered
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
billyG:
Like taking a loan to pay a loan....it is only in d zoo that nnpc can take over d function of CBN.
lol so we are back to the zoo....shebi during elections you people remembered you were Nigerians and wanted to be president.....what now happened 🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by LegacyB: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
Pierocash:
Ok

So they will keep borrowing to stabilize the naira abi?

Chai, too many mugus running the country
Nice statement. But what do you think could be done differently?
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Nonybb: 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2023
They keep borrowing for consumption. These people have never learn
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by daygee12: 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2023
Taylor90:

They will call you a wailer that will wail for more 7yrs and 9 months

Meanwhile na them dey suffer pass

If u no suffer why una dey complain
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2023
numar:
Many complaining. Put them in the office for one month and see how confused they'll be. Una think sey na bigots dey this offices
leave them, that's how one broadcaster too was shouting against the government back in the day, they put my guy in charge of a government owned bank to help create relief for the poor....the bank was dead after 1 year...... it's easy to sit and be shouting until you get inside and realize government work is not beans......
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by leokid866: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Mccullum:
If I'm not wrong, it means they will pay the loan back with crude oil.

But my concern is sincerity of purpose. Once that's there, nothing wrong about it.
the loan will definitely be stacked against crude but as a long term loan most likely only part will be paid in crude....
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by treatise: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Pierocash:
Ok

It happens sometimes if not abused
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Rubyjade: 6:00pm On Aug 16, 2023
Pierocash:
Ok

as in ehn, instead of us to for ways to increase production for export.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Juju70(m): 6:01pm On Aug 16, 2023
oga abeg gimme my shia
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by koyeni(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2023
After looting the country....then they borrow again ...
May Africa be delivered
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by GreatrAnalyst: 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2023
spiSeyi:
There is nothing bad in borrowing but being a bad debtor is bad. I expect NNPCL to use the proceeds they get from this investment to merge with a private investor by buying a larger share of the establishment and get 1 of Nigeria's four faultrefineriesry working cool

I wonder why none of them is thinking in this direction. How can a nation this big not have a working refinery?? Taking bad loan to offer temporary solutions??
I think it is true when they said that not making refinery to work is deliberate.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by justmi1: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2023
From my understanding, this 3bn usd would be pumped into the forex market, thereby making excess dollars available and reduce pressure. This would force speculators and hoarder to sell and even making the dollar crash more. The reason for dollar rise is people buying to store value not to trade. Pin this comment.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by FLYFIRE(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2023
Pierocash:
Ok

Yes na. After borrowing/giving all they had to Dangote to build his refinery instead of using the money to restore our refineries, they have borrowed to replace it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Blitzking: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
For how long is this going to support the naira..like when u have a leaking roof and you are fixing tarpoline one heavy wind will blow it away. Wait until foreign airlines and some political thieves pounce on that dollars..last last na bdc go still tidy the money
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by vanitybutiwanti: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2023
skj1377:
That's a very huge profit potential. Buy as many dollars you can till the $3billion is exhausted. The Naira will crash threefold afterwards then you can bring out your dollars for maximum profit.
And you think Nigeria will ever be good, you're buying dollars to speculate grin grin grin

If I go through your post history, I'll see you blaming the new president for being incompetent
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by ezechi242: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
more like a poor fool borrowing money to buy cars and houses......spits
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by masseratti: 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2023
Hopebringer:

Exactly!! I was just discussing this with a friend right now 🤣🤣

Tinubu is very insincere. He knows this but the useless man won't do it because he and his friends also benefit from this I / E window

Its how the elite enrich themselves from their bedrooms
i wont politizice an economic issue like that.. This predates tinubu nor Buhari or Jonathan regime.. Started with the military regimes in the 80s.. Please what affect our daily lives let's forget politics for once and tackle the root cause of it... I AND Ẹ window just like fuel subsidy must go.. For us to have a true balance economy.
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by vanitybutiwanti: 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2023
leokid866:
please kindly give us a step by step of how this equals to fuel subsidy cause they have not said NNPLC is the only one to be importing fuel.....have you tried to bring in fuel and anyone stopped you?
It's still a form of subsidy because dollars will be supplied to the marketers at a the official rate as opposed to the parallel market rate.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Rubyjade: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
grin
uche393:
I don't understand... wtf?
a privatised institution borrowing USD to stabilise NGN
our country is a joke
Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by skj1377(m): 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
The issue is not aboki but the fact that dollar inflow is sold to parallel market straight making the gov the only source that want to sell to the IE window. Best bet is to liquidate all domiciliary accounts in all banks in Nigeria them creat a deliberate parallel market for undocumented and unambiguous buyers while creating a gov artificial rate of N80 Naira to the dollar. A policy of strictly chemical and machinery as well as only industrial purposes to access this non cash rate. You will find out that machines and spares for industries will be cheaper including cars and cost of construction industry . Houses will be cheaper to build making life more affordable to Nigerians . The parallel market or cash market can be as high as N20,000 to $1 . This window will be for people that want cash to travel out or probably pay expatriates. This dual exchange rate system has to go along with domestic production of petrol and diesel as well as other petroleum by-products. Like I said the official exchange rate will be strictly for manufacturing and purchasing of parts and chemicals which will never be cash based. This will eliminate the possibility of round-trip. We all know that spares are not bought every day neither are chemical imputes so the pressure from the industries will be seasonal . . The people that require cash for many other reason can be based on the ability of demand and supply; floating. All profits from foreign coys can be repatriated by either they buy gold form osun state or zamfara state and export the cold abroad to get liquid cash. This will also help our mining sector. This is my advice and solutions
masseratti:

1 Like

Re: NNPC Secures $3bn Loan To Stabilise The Naira by Hamxas: 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2023
Where d 1 trillion where them save
Also NNPC Ltd is incharge of our monetary policies. D more u look d less u see

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Nigerian Citizenship For British By Marriage / Onnoghen: We’ll Resist Any Attempt To Impeach Buhari – APC Senators / Obiano To Convert Unizik Temp-site Motor Park To Mini Leisure Park-photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.