Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G (26183 Views)

Samsung Old Flagship Or New Midrange Devices / Old Flagship Phones Vs New Midrange Phones Which Is Better / Samsung Galaxy Users Get In Here[ New Hope For Old Flagship Samsung Phones] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by CedarHoldings: 1:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
Pls can someone buy me data nothing is small [08064357013] mtn, I have Netflix to offer ,thank you
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by fiercehillz(m): 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
sylve11:

The same with the S10 Plus. cool

I feel the Samsung galaxy 10 series came ahead of time.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
AntiChristian:
See the beast!

I need to get one ASAP!

How much?
I bought it 230k
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Wizzy13: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
God when?
Sha am still using my old Nokia c3-00 java phone
pls can someone put a smile on my face with an upgrade
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Wizzy13: 1:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
God when?
Sha am still using my old Nokia c3-00 java phone
pls can someone put a smile on my face with an upgrade
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by nedekid: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Cemsorcems:
I use the S20 ultra. Good device. But after the white screen of death scare I had when I first got, I vowed never to update the software. I`ll just keep managing it until I get the S23 flagship. That phone is the definition of "Beast"

Samsung all the way! Apple should seat one side!
After a while the phone starts acting up, screen malfunctions, phone generally acts up. Seems unique to Samsung devices.
One thing you must give to apple products is that they retain value. An iPhone that came out same time with this samusung will sell twice the price.
The Samsung is a beast no doubt.

3 Likes

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by AngelicBeing: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
descarado:
They said anytime person wake up, na his morning be that.
@op, good morning kiss
The bag of crayfish they DHL to you from Nigeria, l want half bag from you to enable cook Asian food, l will send my Driver to your house in Central London tomorrow morning to pick it up for me because l am busy with work and l can't come myself, thanks tongue
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Ayokorede01: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
mrcrabs:
Refurbished phone, it came with android 13ke

Refurbished doesn't mean fake Mr! It simply means it was a little defective and they fixed it! Stop clowning! Y'all audio big men stink! SMH!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
uuzba:
Anybody have this thing for sale?
Makes holding slippery phones much better.
It's called CapGrip, you can order it online

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
BoldBrainz:
This thread is for Samsung enthusiasts.😎. Still cruising the sleek galaxy s12. No need changing what's still serving needed purposes.
S12 kwa? Na Tecno be that? Cos that's definitely not a Samsung.

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Authur729(m): 1:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
How much
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by BoldBrainz(m): 1:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kizyte:
S12 kwa? Na Tecno be that? Cos that's definitely not a Samsung.

Your google don loss?

2 Likes

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
Princeton92:
i've had in mind to get this too... how much did it go for yu please?
It's a nice device, super fast and gives you a flagship feeling, but despite the 4500 mAh battery it comes with, it drains below my expectations. Still love the phone though.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Itsrm(m): 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
nedekid:

After a while the phone starts acting up, screen malfunctions, phone generally acts up. Seems unique to Samsung devices.
One thing you must give to apple products is that they retain value. An iPhone that came out same time with this samusung will sell twice the price.
The Samsung is a beast no doubt.

It's only unique to the S20
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Itsrm(m): 1:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kizyte:
It's a nice device, super fast and gives you a flagship feeling, but despite the 4500 mAh battery it comes with, it drains below my expectations. Still love the phone though.

Change your refresh rate to 60Hz. You'll find it under motion smoothness in your display settings
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kobranet:
My cousin own was snapdragon from us and it still got the line.
So i think I'll just get the note 10 plus but i really like the s20 but i'm scared of that line

The S10 5G is also a good phone with 6.7 inches screen, and good camera.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by JuelzPrime: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
E dey Okay still !!!
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
Authur729:
How much

1 Like

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Kizyte(m): 1:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Itsrm:

Change your refresh rate to 60Hz. You'll find it under motion smoothness in your display settings
I can't sacrifice the 120 for the battery
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by CedarHoldings: 1:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
orikoku:
Nigerians are all going through a lot. I carry a man on my bike today, some agbero stop me and start hailing the man, I wish you see how he lambasted them to go hustle that he couldn't use his car for past few days. He no easy ooo
my brother he no easy o,sebi me dey work I'm civil servant, I Don Park my car last week, see want I posted on this thread . Am not directing that to u, have posted it earlier on this thread.

Pls can someone buy me data nothing is small [08064357013] mtn, I have Netflix to offer ,thank you
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Weathered: 2:02pm On Aug 17, 2023
care4you:

show us the ORIGINAL one you're using let's compare it with this REFURBISHED one and see which one is more BETTER and PRODUCTIVE ...

mugu!.
but he was comparing his phone to the op's. He's only stating that fact that it is a refurbished phone.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by nedekid: 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Itsrm:

It's only unique to the S20
Maybe,
Back on the day, had the first galaxy tab 2, when it just came out 2012 or there about. That one crashed one day, will boot to a level and will not go any further. Later I had the galaxy duos phone 192.. Something model, cannot remember exactly. Infact it was in Dubai as it was launched I bought it before it came to naija. One day the phone just went dead. New phone oh. Sent it to Samsung service center in naija. The phone was there for months before it was fixed. Since then, I dumped Samsung for Huawei.
When the Samsung works sha. It is quite good.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by nedekid: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kobranet:
My cousin own was snapdragon from us and it still got the line.
So i think I'll just get the note 10 plus but i really like the s20 but i'm scared of that line

What line pls?
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Penboy: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kizyte:
I ordered on Jumia and it arrived in Abuja in 6 days. Phone came well sealed, as you can see in the pictures below, (the fact that it's an old flagship does not mean it's refurbished).

Specification:
- 6.7 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 (front and back)
- 12GB RAM
- 128GB ROM
- Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE / 5G network
- Ultrasonic finger print sensor
- Li-Ion 4500 mAh, non-removable battery
- 25W wired super fast charging
- 15W wireless charging (and 4.5w reverse wireless charging)

I intended updating the phone to check for the blue line which a lot of people complained that it appeared on their S20 screen immediately after software update, but fortunately, mine came with Android 13 One UI 5.1, there was no need for update.

Phone came with:
- 25w super fast charger (Adapter)
- USB type-C cable
- AKG Earpiece
- OTG Connector
- SIM tray ejector

My personal opinion on the blue line:
I think the blue line screen issues only affect the Indian version, which is the Exynos variant. If you use the Snapdragon variant, you can go ahead and update to Android 13 One UI 5.1

NB: I won't be held responsible if your Samsung screen is affected negatively as a result of any software update.

See unboxing photos below:

You new phone is not supposed to come with the latest update.
And you think it's not refurbished??

If it's used ohien I can understand.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by LordErrk: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
care4you:

show us the ORIGINAL one you're using let's compare it with this REFURBISHED one and see which one is more BETTER and PRODUCTIVE ...

mugu!.

Why the insult? How old are you sef?

5 Likes

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by MALLEOLUS2017(m): 2:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kizyte:
Thanks! I will give feedback on its camera later. I took those pictures above with my Samsung Galaxy A22 5G, it also has a good camera, especially outdoor photo shoot.
Pls how much can I get that A22 5G
I need to make a budget for the fone.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by d33types: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
care4you:

mugu!.

He's right.

The original s20 plus didnt come with android 13. If you understand how phones are marketed, you will understand that the operating system on new phones are usually the latest OS version at release time, which is android 10 for s20+.
Except someone had upgraded that phone, it is not possble for it to be shipped with android 13.

The fact remain that it is a refurb. It does not make it less superb of a device sha

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by 7demons: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Cemsorcems:
I use the S20 ultra. Good device. But after the white screen of death scare I had when I first got, I vowed never to update the software. I`ll just keep managing it until I get the S23 flagship. That phone is the definition of "Beast"

Samsung all the way! Apple should seat one side!
I'm using one but I will get 23 next year.
Good phone for matured people.
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by mrcrabs(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
care4you:

mugu!.

Okay
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by mrcrabs(m): 2:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Ayokorede01:

Refurbished doesn't mean fake Mr! It simply means it was a little defective and they fixed it! Stop clowning! Y'all audio big men stink! SMH!

Okay no problem
Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by Itsrm(m): 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
nedekid:

Maybe,
Back on the day, had the first galaxy tab 2, when it just came out 2012 or there about. That one crashed one day, will boot to a level and will not go any further. Later I had the galaxy duos phone 192.. Something model, cannot remember exactly. Infact it was in Dubai as it was launched I bought it before it came to naija. One day the phone just went dead. New phone oh. Sent it to Samsung service center in naija. The phone was there for months before it was fixed. Since then, I dumped Samsung for Huawei.
When the Samsung works sha. It is quite good.

My experience has been completely different. Been using Samsung phones since 2016 and I get a minimum of three years on them before the issues start

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unboxing Samsung Old Flagship S20+ 5G by mrcrabs(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
d33types:

He's right.

The original s20 plus didnt come with android 13. If you understand how phones are marketed, you will understand that the operating system on new phones are usually the latest OS version at release time, which is android 10 for s20+.
Except someone had upgraded that phone, it is not possble for it to be shipped with android 13.

The fact remain that it is a refurb. It does not make it less superb of a device sha

No mind them, they are just attacking for no reason, did I in any way say the phone was bad or fake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Your Smartphone Heats Up During Intense Use / Google Free Wifi & What It Means To Nigeria Digital Economy / E.F. Network To Provide Internet Services In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.