Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,951 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? (11270 Views)

Lessons From Marrying From A Rich Family / My Life After Marrying A Philippine Woman / "Marrying Lady That Is Above 30 Is Like Buying Newspaper In Evening"- Man Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Zigzagman: 8:09pm On Aug 16, 2023
In Nigeria today, our neighbourhoods and cities are full of young, unmarried eligible bachelors and single ladies with delusions about love, dating and romance. It is not unusual to see lots of unmarried people attending clubs, weddings, churches, mosques and religious programmes in expectation of meeting someone to marry.

Yet, according to the single men and ladies in this video, there's a big unspoken issue around young people and romance. It's really difficult for them.

While many of them are honest and ready to commit, they struggle to find partners who are ready to date just one person today. It appears everybody is keeping their romantic options open, constantly scanning the dating landscape looking for better partners. As such, it's now commonplace to see many Nigerians postponing marriage until their thirties.

Considering the fact that most of our grandparents in Nigeria got married in their early twenties, do you think they have a point or do they just have delusion about love, dating and marriage?

Watch and share your opinion

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by costandi(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
Our parents found it simpler to enter marriage at young ages due to prevailing higher moral norms in their day, while contemporary societal decay has fostered a sense of caution in individuals today.
However, striking a balance between waiting for the right partner and avoiding the mistake of waiting too long is crucial.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Built2last: 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
The worst that can happen to a man is to train children with pension money. Most men gallivanting today never think about old age. So short sighted.

You can't be doing school runs at age 60 because you married late. I dread it. God forbid. If you are struggling to have kids, go and do IVF. forget the bullshit people say. Na your sperm, na your pikin. get ready for old age. If you are 35 years. You have spent half of your life on earth already except God give you extra bread.

At 60, you should be planning retirement. last born is planning to move out of the house and you are ready to tour the world with your wife.

I dread old age without money. That's the only fear i have. So i am now investing in my children while i have the money and the energy

There are fake boys and fake men out there but there are good ones also. If you postponed because you think you will find in the future. Hey, that future is not guaranteed. find a good woman and wife her now.

Don't look for a perfect woman as you are not one. We always set high and unrealistic expectations for the other person forgetting that we are all far from perfection.

Don't marry just who you love, marry who you can Tolerate their madness. All of us dey craze last last.

Love and beauty doesn't sustain marriage. Naa. Tolerance and Trust does.

133 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by BarrElChapo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
Most people have set unrealistic and unreasonable standards that nobody can meet, even them; so they can't attract any long term relationship.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by safarilove(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Another issue is when you keep hearing stories of the married folks some amount of fear suppose catch you.
Is it infidelity/cheating, abuse of any kinds, economic wahala and so on.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Kemadealadire(f): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
We are in the endtime, the quality and value system of the average man out there is nothing to write home about.

Considering, marriage is a lifetime commitment, lol, I am yet to see anyone who wants to end up with just anything for life.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by R29dmnc: 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
:

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by MrBroke(m): 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
It ain't
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by motionarena: 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
G
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Jestin: 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
Na girlfriend full out there. To see wife no be easy job mostly now that na shisha and hook up girls full everywhere

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by odaniel1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
My current situation.

1 Like

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by BabaIbo: 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
I once had that mindset until I met my babe.

Make God help us

3 Likes

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by kokoBoii: 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
Na perfect one be Una problem, Una go Leave the most important thing wey Una suppose worry about, dey worry about nonsense...Me I'm not marrying until I have the perfect Money

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Luzebox(m): 1:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
Depends on your meaning of perfect one
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
This is way beyond delusions and fantasy.
The economy no dey smile o. Many eligible men no dey reason marriage matter again.
Na survival be Koko.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Connected1: 1:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
They are all loving who will love them more than they love themselves.

It's not as if many a youths can't come together and get married (male and female), people be too greedy and selfish now.

So it's not working anymore, nobody wants to make sacrifices.

Arranged Marriage is the best, Get your figures and life in good shape and seek an arranged bride from a good home.

Searching for love will mess you up in the process, gone are the days of fairytale endings, there are too many damaged people in town.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
There's nothing delusional about waiting till you find the right person. What's delusional, however, is looking for a 'perfect' person cos no human being is perfect.

If the qualities you seek in your future partner are realistic and genuine, then by all means, wait for that person cos compatibility matters. But don't set standards that are too high that even your own siblings cannot meet.

Shalom.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by kkkp: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Very delusional. I always laugh when people refuse to marry early waiting for the right partner. Staying 100 years and searching does not guarantee a perfect partner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by DAYPEN: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Depends.

If the perfect one is determined based on practicalities (tribe, religion, genotype, intellect, character, income prospects, moral status, sexual compatibility, and spiritual considerations), it is necessary to wait till the perfect.

But if the perfect is based on beauty standards, booty standards, virginity status (not moral status, just the mere fact of being a virgin or not), current income, and sexual tigerness, it is not delusional to wait....you could eventually get the person if you wait. But it is FOOLISH to wait, cos those things do not really matter OR might not be worth the waiting in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by cliqtips: 1:22pm On Aug 17, 2023
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
Abeg, my neighbor needs a husband o.
Na her picture you dey see so
If you dey interested, I go send you her telephone number!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Zupay: 1:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
One shouldn't even be a baby daddy or baby mama to just anyone they come across, not to talk of being married to just any one.
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by YoungLionken(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
There's nothing wrong with finding the right one, especially as a man, because too many Jezebels on the street these days..

Although, there's no "perfect one", you just look for the one that possesses the basic qualities of an african woman; one you can tame, loving, great cooking skills, loyal, submissive, industrious and afraid to lose you..

Every other thing can be managed...

9 Likes

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Daniel058(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Chai
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Obakoolex(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
undecided
Most ladies you're seeing in the street have been used by G boys... they're empty vessels while most guys are unmarriable....as they have lost there virtues to different oloshos they slept with, that's why cooking noodles last more than most marriages this days.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by bestman09(m): 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
It's delusional to wait as there's nothing like a perfect lady or human being.

Just get hold of any one you like and try to adjust to each other and grow together.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by DirtyGold: 1:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
People have left practicality for picturesque nonsense.
The focus nowadays is vibes, energy (whatever that means) and somebody that can enable bad behaviour.

The assimilation and application of western culture (forgetting that those societies have social safety systems) is partly to be blamed also.

Above all, the economy is super harsh at the moment (globally). It is better to struggle alone than have the burden of carrying other responsibilities. While alone, prosperity is easier to achieve...

If the economy was good, the complain right now would have been about the uptrend of divorces... as men would have been rolling dice with marriage grin grin

What's tha business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
🙂
Re: Is It Delusional To Postpone Marrying Until You Find The Perfect One? by ImoleNaija: 1:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
I can only relate with these two:

1. Poor financial situation
2. Single exuberance grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. / What Is The Best Gift To Give To Your Wife / #sharingmagicmemories – Meet The Judges For The Cussons Baby Moments Season 6!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.