Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,964 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu (14335 Views)

Hire Skilled Technician Offering Aircon Duct Cleaning Services To Stabilise Indo / Become A Part Of Onpassive, A Tech Company Already Valued At $3Bn Before Launch. / NNPC Filling Station In Edo On Fire (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 1:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tareq1105:
Hatred will kill Atiku.

I expect any right thinking Nigerian to support any step to stabilize the Naira except for Atiku and his co travellers.

How would someone hate his country just bcoz he lost election?

Atiku for your information, Nigeria and Nigerians would not wait for you.

Why should "any right thinking Nigerian to support any step to stabilize the Naira'?

If the step is wrong, should it still be supported just for the sake of supporting?

How does Atiku hate his country?

How does criticising Tinubus for his failures now automatically mean hatred for Nigeria?

Can you itemise anything wtong said by atikus spokesperson?

1 Like

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
MT:

This loan won't be repaid with cash. The collateral here is certain volume of untapped crude oil still inside the ground.

It is like taking an upfront payment for goods and services

Is collateral payment or collateral is security incase promised payment fails?
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 1:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Dont mind that goat.

He criticised Tinubu efforts...

yet could not give any solution to the problem.

Why should he give any solutions?

Does Atiku work for Tinubu? I thought Tinubu said he wanted to be president to find solutions to Nigerias problems?

Why does he now need Atiku to give him solutions for the problem he created himself?

If you are expecting solutions from Atiku, are you suggesting Tinubu got it wrong?

If you read the article and if you understood it, you would have see6the alternative that should have been done.

with all the hype about Tinubu being a "trategist", am yet to see any meaningful strategy. What is happening?

1 Like

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Why should he give any solutions?

Does Atiku work for Tinubu? I thought Tinubu said he wanted to be president to find solutions to Nigerias problems?

Why does he now need Atiku to give him solutions for the problem he created himself?

If you are expecting solutions from Atiku, are you suggesting Tinubu got it wrong?

If you read the article and if you understood it, you would have see6the alternative that should have been done.

with all the hype about Tinubu being a "trategist", am yet to see any meaningful strategy. What is happening?

Criticisms without providing a feasible alternative is simply stupid...

There is no magic wand to the situation on ground...

It need inputs from all stakeholders...

Increasing production and exports is not ideal with the situation on ground...

Nigeria is broke.. .

Just a few months into Tinubu Admin...

4 yrs is a long time ..lets see what he can achieve,
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by djon78(m): 2:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
ladididanlami:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/nnpcs-3bn-loan-fgs-dubious-attempt-to-stabilise-naira-says-atikus-aide/

Both this Atiku media aide and all these people criticising this move should just shut up

They are on same boat with Tinubu and his people

What NNPC did is even a good act

If intervention is not done even temporarily
Nigeria's economy will completely crash and shut down

If this intervention is not done Naira will reach 1500 per dollar by December

Which will be catastrophic for the ordinary Man

Businesses are shutting down in an alarming way at the present level of 950 Naira per dollar
Talkless of when it hits 1500

God forbid bad thing

I am in the private sector and I know what's going on

Even the wealthy ones are affected

So they should just shut up there mouth

Saving the Naira temporarily then gently integrating reforms will save Nigeria's economy

If not everything will completely collapse
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2023
adioolayi:
Sometimes, when you choose to always criticise government policies and moves blindly, all in the name of opposition...you end up appearing empty!

The economy is on the brink of collapse...fuel subsidy is removed and there is pressure on price of PMS due to rising cost of crude.

There is scarcity of FX for PMS importers, because CBN cannot meet their FX demands..

This is forcing these players to source for FX at black market and the resultant effects is more pressure on Naira that has already been devalued..the gap between official and black market rates keeps widening...and the prices of goods and services are skyrocketing.

So, what exactly is bad in NNPC sourcing for their own FX and possibly that of PMS importers from international partners like Afrixim bank
This move, yes temporary, will ease off pressure on the demand for scare FX since the PMS importers are the major consumers of FX.

Hopefully, this temporal measure will give ample time for atleast PHC refineries to start working.

So, nothing wrong in technically buying time to resolve some issues like fixing of refineries.

This move will also strengthen the Naira and the fear of increasing the PMS pump price.

Who put the economy on the brink of collapse? Is it Atiku?

You say that "the gap between official and black market rates keeps widening".

Pls how is that possible? I thought Tinubu"floated" the naira and brought about "forex unification" or whatever they call it?

You still say that "the prices of goods and services are skyrocketing". What is making it so? Who is responsible for that? Is it Atiku?

If you say that marketers can't get dollars from CBN hence putting pressure on the dollar, nnpc has now been forced to source for it's own dollars to import fuel.

What happened to the refineries?

What also happened to the much anticipated "commissioned" Dangote refinery that was supposed to commence operation last month?

Based on your question...."what exactly is bad in NNPC sourcing for their own FX and possibly that of PMS importers from international partners like Afrixim bank?"

Will nnpc now share this dollars for other marketers who want to.import fuel?
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 2:19pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Criticisms without providing a feasible alternative is simply stupid...

There is no magic wand to the situation on ground...

It need inputs from all stakeholders...

Increasing production and exports is not ideal with the situation on ground...

Nigeria is broke..

You haven't answered my questions.

1. Why should he give any solutions?

2. Does Atiku work for Tinubu?

3. I thought Tinubu said he wanted to be president to find solutions to Nigerias problems?

4. Why does he now need Atiku to give him solutions for the problem he created himself?

5. If you are expecting solutions from Atiku, are you suggesting Tinubu got it wrong?

6. If you read the article and if you understood it, you would have see6the alternative that should have been done.

7. with all the hype about Tinubu being a "trategist", am yet to see any meaningful strategy. What is happening?

1 Like

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 2:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

3. I thought Tinubu said he wanted to be president to find solutions to Nigerias problems?

4. Why does he now need Atiku to give him solutions for the problem he created himself?

5. If you are expecting solutions from Atiku, are you suggesting Tinubu got it wrong?

6. If you read the article and if you understood it, you would have see6the alternative that should have been done.

7. with all the hype about Tinubu being a "trategist", am yet to see any meaningful strategy. What is happening?

1. Is Shaibu not a Nigerian ?

2. Is Atiku not a Nigerian ?

3. Is the President not takin action to deal with Nigerian problems ?

4. Which problem did Tinubu create for himself ?

5. Is this not a Nigeria problem again ?

6. Are those alternatives feasible ?

7. How do u judge an administration just under 3 months ?

1 Like

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

1. Is Shaibu not a Nigerian ?

2. Is Atiku not a Nigerian ?

3. Is the President not takin action to deal with Nigerian problems ?

4. Which problem did Tinubu create for himself ?

5. Is this not a Nigeria problem again ?

6. Are those alternatives feasible ?

7. How do u judge an administration just under 3 months ?

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Ur answers are listed in my response..
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
djon78:

Both this Atiku media aide and all these people criticising this move should just shut up

They are on same boat with Tinubu and his people

What NNPC did is even a good act

If intervention is not done even temporarily
Nigeria's economy will completely crash and shut down

If this intervention is not done Naira will reach 1500 per dollar by December

Which will be catastrophic for the ordinary Man

Businesses are shutting down in an alarming way at the present level of 950 Naira per dollar
Talkless of when it hits 1500

God forbid bad thing

I am in the private sector and I know what's going on

Even the wealthy ones are affected

So they should just shut up there mouth

Saving the Naira temporarily then gently integrating reforms will save Nigeria's economy

If not everything will completely collapse

All these problems you listed above that the loan will solve, who is responsible for them?

If the situation has gotten this bad, how did it get this bad?

Which reforms will be gently integrated?

Who will gently integrate the reforms?
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Ur answers are listed in my response..

You haven't answered the questions.

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

You haven't answered the questions.

Your answers are listed in my response...
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 2:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Your answers are listed in my response..

Not even remotely. Pls try again.

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 2:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Not even remotely. Pls try again.

Read between the lines..

U are an adult ....
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by charlsecy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
Zupay:
Borrow dollar to stabilize naira and use the dollar pay for import....
Only a small portion may be channelled towards importation. The rest is for looting.
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Read between the lines..

U are an adult ....

Are you a baby that you can't answer my questions?

If you are saying "Read between the lines", you are acknowledging that your responses didn't in anyway answer the questions.

Let's try again.

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 3:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

If you are saying "Read between the lines", you are acknowledging that your responses didn't in anyway answer the questions.

Let's try again.

U are really a kid grin

from the above response...

Have a nice day
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

U are really a kid grin

Have a nice day

But earlier you said
Willie2015:

U are an adult ....

You see that you aren't even consistent. Why d inconsistency?

Let's try again.

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

But earlier you said

Let's try again.

Have a nice day shocked grin cheesy
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 3:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willie2015:

Have a nice day shocked grin cheesy

But earlier you said
Willie2015:

U are an adult ....

Let's try again.

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Willie2015: 3:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

But earlier you said

Let's try again.

Have a nice day cool shocked

Lawyer lexy2014
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Larryndelaw: 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
Pdp can now rant till eternity
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by djon78(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

All these problems you listed above that the loan will solve, who is responsible for them?

If the situation has gotten this bad, how did it get this bad?

Which reforms will be gently integrated?

Who will gently integrate the reforms?

Don't let me insult you honestly

Most of you that comment on this platform sometimes I begin to question your IQ level

Mistake have been made

This is no time for blame gain
Presently what is needed is to halt the free Fall of the Naira
To avoid catastrophe

I am a player in the private sector
I understand the horror facing Nigeria's economy

This is not time to claim I am right or wrong

This is the time to save Nigeria's economy

What NNPC did is a good measure for the short term till better reforms are put in place

Even the Atiku Man all of them are on the same boat
Majority of these politicians don't even have the basic clue about the Economy

Also invariably
With all Buharis disaster
It seems he understands Economic management more than Tinubu

Tinubu is a complete novice
He thought Nigeria is Lagos
He was even criticising Peter Obi calling him container Economist

But Tinubu is extremely clueless
Buhari better pass am

How can you on the day of swearing in announce subsidy removal and later FX issues regarding the Naira dollar issue

If he was wise
He should have left everything the way Buhari left it while leaving

Rather he wanted to show he be jagaban
Now see the horror Nigerian Economy is facing

Since my existence as a human being
I have never seen the kind of Economic darkness that is hovering over Nigeria

It's heart breaking

And Tinubu is setting himself up for the Northerners to finish him off

With the way things are going
Election tribunal will annul the last election and order for rerun

Northerners are already strategizing

He should just be playing

He better sit up and tackle these issues

I want him to succeed
He seems he genuinely want to change things
He is not stubborn mule like Buhari that doesn't take advice

May God help him and help this Nation 🙏 Amen
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
djon78:

Don't let me insult you honestly

Most of you that comment on this platform sometimes I begin to question your IQ level

Mistake have been made

This is no time for blame gain
Presently what is needed is to halt the free Fall of the Naira
To avoid catastrophe

I am a player in the private sector
I understand the horror facing Nigeria's economy

This is not time to claim I am right or wrong

This is the time to save Nigeria's economy

What NNPC did is a good measure for the short term till better reforms are put in place

Even the Atiku Man all of them are on the same boat
Majority of these politicians don't even have the basic clue about the Economy

Also invariably
With all Buharis disaster
It seems he understands Economic management more than Tinubu

Tinubu is a complete novice
He thought Nigeria is Lagos
He was even criticising Peter Obi calling him container Economist

But Tinubu is extremely clueless
Buhari better pass am

How can you on the day of swearing in announce subsidy removal and later FX issues regarding the Naira dollar issue

If he was wise
He should have left everything the way Buhari left it while leaving

Rather he wanted to show he be jagaban
Now see the horror Nigerian Economy is facing

Since my existence as a human being
I have never seen the kind of Economic darkness that is hovering over Nigeria

It's heart breaking

And Tinubu is setting himself up for the Northerners to finish him off

With the way things are going
Election tribunal will annul the last election and order for rerun

Northerners are already strategizing

He should just be playing

He better sit up and tackle these issues

I want him to succeed
He seems he genuinely want to change things
He is not stubborn mule like Buhari that doesn't take advice

May God help him and help this Nation 🙏 Amen

Offpoint.

1. All these problems you listed above that the loan will solve, who is responsible for them?

2. If the situation has gotten this bad, how did it get this bad?

3. Which reforms will be gently integrated?

4. Who will gently integrate the reforms?
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by djon78(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Offpoint.

1. All these problems you listed above that the loan will solve, who is responsible for them?

You don't deserve my reply

But from your mention

It seems you are as clueless as these politicians

You don't even understand the situation from your reply

So how can you understand the solution!!
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by lexy2014: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
djon78:

You don't deserve my reply

But from your mention

It seems you are as clueless as these politicians

You don't even understand the situation from your reply

So how can you understand the solution!!

You are still far far away from answering the simple questions.

Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by GEEBITE: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
He is a BOT. I have learnt a lesson with that ID. It is always asking questions on this board. No other contribution than to pick on a comment and start the usual barrage of questions. I wont be surprised if he responds to this comment again with loads of questions .
Stay away from engaging it for your sanity,I mean avoid it by all means.

Meanwhile, I am not lending support to your argument. My opinion differs but no point harassing you with meaningless questions.
Willie2015:

Have a nice day cool shocked

Lawyer lexy2014
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by Badb0y4lyf(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Is this not Subsidy in disguise Drugie president don carry Us. Go Go and over 2.5
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by ojobek: 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fafarr:
What is bad in that. A lot of things in Nigeria today depends on the stability of the Naira.
Re: NNPC’s $3bn Loan, FG’s Dubious Attempt To Stabilise Naira, Atiku’s Aide, Shaibu by ojobek: 6:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Tinubu is just a mere BOOK KEEPER,leave Baba alone.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The People Perish For Lack Of Knowledge- VANGUARD / Couple, 3 Others Killed In Trailer Crash - Picture / The Lady Behind This Moniker She Is As Fake As Hell (juliaann)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.