Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,443 members, 7,830,215 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? (24898 Views)

Dele Alake: Tinubu Showed The Calibre Of His Team / Nigerians Descend On Dele Momodu Over Callous Statement On Tinubu / Tinubu's Wealth Is From Buying Of Stocks - Dele Alake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Femeto: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
Na him type Tinubu list for am so a selected a juicy spot for him self. grin grin
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by blabulu2000: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Dele Alake , just like other minister since 1999 are not expert in solid mineral....Kayode Fayemi use to be A mineral resources minster....and the heaven didn't fall....
Tinubu wan to win this re-run by all midst..so he needs core politicians to use their minister portfolio to do the job for him....
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Shikini: 1:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
Shame
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by fredrickoweh(m): 1:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
[/b][quote author=AntiChristian post=125166702]Alake get ake to mine Solid Minerals and put them to good use all across Nigeria!

And he may be a place holder for another person![[b]
[b][/b]/quote]
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by int0x80(m): 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
I thought they said Thiefnibu was a smart man and a technocrat? And that he built Lagos up from the ground? Meanwhile, the old druggie is just busy settling his old cronies with appointments.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by johnross05: 2:26pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good day! Are you still looking for a reliable logistic company in Nigeria to run your export deliveries?

Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Kukutente23: 2:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
casualobserver:

We also had Nnaji and Babalola who were renowned experts in power, how did that go?

Like I said you are daft. I should also add that you are ignorant and uninformed. With the exception of attorney general. A minister is a political post, all that is required is intelligence and patriotism. Anyone with those skills can handle ANY ministry except justice.

In the countries we copy, the Secretaries of State or ministers have no professional affiliation to the ministries they are assigned. The role of a minister is simply one of a manager. The reason why we fail in Nigeria and look to the professional leanings of the minister is because we had governments in the past without an articulated plan or policy. When a government has a policy document, as is the case with serious governments, the activities of government are dictated by the policy not the minister.

Please educated yourself.

I suggest you research past and present ministers in the US and Uk to compare their professional qualifications with that of their ministries. I also suggest you research past Nigerian ministers and their portfolios at the time when Nigeria had national development plans. You will find that when we had national development plans the national development plan dictated the direction of the ministry not the minister. The problem is we have not had governments with policy documents or national plans for a while hence our focus on “technocrat ministers” to save the day.

If a government already has a plan to build 6000km of roads, increase power to 20GW, reduce unemployment to 10% in 4 years, increase no of hospitals to X per 1000 people for example, you don’t need technocrats to implement, what you need are people capable of managing and achieving g the stated goals. All the technocrats you need are in the ministries.

Like I said educate yourself and deliver your self from your ignorance and backwardness.

For every Fafunwa you give I will mention 10 Nanjis that failed woefully and equally10 ministers under Balewa, Gowon or Shagari whose ministries performed well under a clearly articulated national development plans.

The job of a minister is to implement the plan that has already been clearly articulated by the government not to alter the plan of the government or do his own thing.

The time for technocrats is in the policy formulation stages not implementation. A special adviser is more Important than a minister but ignorance will not allow you to see road. The special adviser is THE technocrat!!!!! The special Adviser is the one the president appoints of his own free will without political interference, the SA is the one the president listens to and many times the SA can be more influential than the minister.

Finally, was Amaechi who was the best minister under Buhari a railway engineer? Was Kyari who negotiated the Siemens deal the minister of power….did we not have a minister of power? Was Fashola a civil engineer? Is NOI a trained economist? Is Christine laggard the head of the ECB an economist or a banker? Stop thinking and talking like ignoramuses.

The history of Nigeria is that technocrats tend to fail in political office and are best in back office roles like SA.
What nonsense are you saying? No wonder you think I'm daft. I'm beginning to think I'm conversing with a nitwit.

Nnaji preformed well as minister of power especially compared with fashola. Same with borishade under whose supervision so many gas powered plants were built. Your ignorance is also clear from not knowing that NOI is a trained economist.

The most laughable part of the nonsense you wrote is claiming ministers are only involved in implementing policies formulated by government. May i ask who makes up the government then? A minister even has powers to make bye-laws in his area of coverage. Yet you're ignorant self thinks a special adviser has more clout than a minister. A minister acts directly as if he were the president in his area. So by extension, what you're saying is that the president's job is to implement policies formulated by "government". Such arrant crap.

I hope when you want to build your house. After the architect has drawn up a design, you'll go and give it to a bank manager to help you implement under the guise that technocrats are only involved in policy formulation and not implementation.
What a dunce!!
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Fortruth: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
The amount and redundancy of ministry positions is to show that the ZOO will never work and was never designed to work from 1914
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by casualobserver: 2:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
Kukutente23:

What nonsense are you saying? No wonder you think I'm daft. I'm beginning to think I'm conversing with a nitwit.

Nnaji preformed well as minister of power especially compared with fashola. Same with borishade under whose supervision so many gas powered plants were built. Your ignorance is also clear from not knowing that NOI is a trained economist.

The most laughable part of the nonsense you wrote is claiming ministers are only involved in implementing policies formulated by government. May i ask who makes up the government then? A minister even has powers to make bye-laws in his area of coverage. Yet you're ignorant self thinks a special adviser has more clout than a minister. A minister acts directly as if he were the president in his area. So by extension, what you're saying is that the president's job is to implement policies formulated by "government". Such arrant crap.

I hope when you want to build your house. After the architect has drawn up a design, you'll go and give it to a bank manager to help you implement under the guise that technocrats are only involved in policy formulation and not implementation.
What a dunce!!

I don’t think you are daft, I know for a fact you are daft!

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by ChristianMuslim: 2:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
Go and ask him?
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by fregeneh(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
He's being groomed as the next governor of Ekiti probably after BAO.
What age?
TemplarLandry:
What age?
TemplarLandry:
What age?
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Kukutente23: 2:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
casualobserver:

I don’t think you are daft, I know for a fact you are daft!
No you don't!! You don't know anything. You're a dull as a bamboo tree.
A minister is involved in policy formulation through the federal executive Council. It is the civil service headed by the perm sec that carries out implementation on each ministry.
Developed countries already have strong and working institutions which is why they are less concerned about who heads a ministry or department. But even at that, there are sensitive ministries which require basic knowledge of technicalities.
A good example is Amaechi that you mentioned. Per km, each rail track built under him is the most expensive in Africa. With some, they actually waived Nigeria's sovereignty. You think a technocrat wouldn't have known better? The Abuja-Kaduna rail attack could have been averted if he knew how to defend requirements at FEC.
You're a buffoon. And i suggest you stay from the topic. It's way above your iq
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Hintme: 3:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Most people don't know what Jagaban is capable of doing. I told people around me just immediately he emerged as APC Presidential candidate that by the time Tinubu will finish his two tenure, APC will be controlling nothing less than 30/34 states. He can do it. Same way 90% of his cabinet members will be Governors, Senate, Reps and House of Assembly as the case may be, in their respective states by 2027/2031. Bookmark this. Na his way. Somebody that can just wake up one day and look at his driver or cook or whatever and ask him "you're from which state"? Before you know it, he will find himself as his Local Government Chairman or any other post. It depends on his luck. That's how Jagaban made people; from North to South.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by BJanta: 3:21pm On Aug 17, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Dele Alake has been a journalist all his life. A former Commissioner for Information in Lagos State when President Bola Tinubu was governor.

What is your take on his appointment as Minister of Solid Minerals and Development?

Peter Obi has been a street trader all his miserable life. What's now your stake about his failed presidential bid , a street trader having the ambition to become the president ?
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Dancebreaker: 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
lexy2014:

Do you mean that for the next 4 years Tinubu will use an important government position to "groom" Alake for governor instead of using the position for the betterment of Nigeria?

What is your take on his appointment as Minister of Solid Minerals and Development?
Alake is 66. The guy means grooming until 70 years old to become a governor. cheesy grin
Since in 9ja, a 57 years old grandpa is often "youth leader".

Long way to go in 9ja, I tell ya.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by NAC1666: 3:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
hisexcellency34:
Dele Alake has been a journalist all his life. A former Commissioner for Information in Lagos State when President Bola Tinubu was governor.

He talks too much. He will help to speak out of ills in the solid minerals sector
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Image123(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
He's Tinubu's right hand man and seems to think like Tinubu in a way. Tinubu wants to make money from that ministry. We keep saying Nigeria is blessed with resources but we only see the blessing in oil. It's time to try to see the blessing in gas and in other resources. Tinubu wants to make incredulous money for Nigeria and probably for himself like he did Lagos format.
i expect Alake to do well, it's an administrative/supervisory role, not technical.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by omolola12345(m): 4:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
Fayemi was made the same minister during Buharis administration. Ekiti and solid mineral ministers. I pray the ministers are not just window dress. Because I cannot figure out what is really going on.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by aklid(m): 6:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
I have to admit, am very disappointed in PBAT ministerial positions aswr , especially this alake of a guy, he’s not a geologist, not a mining engineer, no experience with minerals resources whatsoever but look at where we are,

So far wike own normal
Minister of health own normal
Minister of defense is worst
And so on
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by gbishman: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Asides the fact their his degree and experience shows no affiliation to mining but I am of the view that it really doesn't matter. What matters are his leadership, communication and organizational skills thats what leaders need to excel in positions like this.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by solex1988(m): 8:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
Only the president can answer that
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by Omodua(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
whippersnapper:
someone who read political science and mass comm heading the solid minerals sector, you know you are headed for doom. If you ask alake to name five solid minerals he might end up like that corper guy that was asked to spell hippopotamus but said he has to know what it did before he can spell it. or e fit talk say shwepps na solid mineral undecided
Its okay.

Fashola was Minister of Works and Housing. He is a lawyer. Not engineer. So,, the portfolio is OK.
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by kafeii123: 11:33am On Aug 18, 2023
For all we know...Dele Alake has lived almost all his life in Lagos state. The probability that he will be willing to do the grueling work of deep studies that will be necessary in order for him to do real impactful work in the sector....on top how much salary afterall?....he will likely instead be more interested in working to get funds for pursuing governorship/representative slot/ticket in the next round of elections
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by LordKushmann(m): 12:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
I believe ministerial position requires more of administrative skills rather than technical skills. One of best Nigerian petroleum ministers, Tam David West, was a virologist.

So what is the administrative acumen of Dele Alake that qualifies him for Solid Minerals?
Re: What Is Your Take On Dele Alake’s Appointment As Minister Of Solid Minerals? by XAUBulls: 3:47pm On Aug 18, 2023
hisexcellency34:

It's all about administrative and managerial style.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Operation Crocodile Smiles" Is A Joke - Niger Delta Avengers Tells Buhari / Seyi Makinde Appoints Tamunominini Makinde Head Of State Agency For AIDS Control / Police, NDLEA Bicker Over Confessional Video Of Suspects Arrested With Abba Kyar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.