Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,962 members, 7,828,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:18 AM

Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash (41304 Views)

Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches / NLC Strike! Long Queues At Atms As Customers Make Panic Withdrawals / Banks Stop Cash Withdrawal From Overseas Atms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Abigailwebsites(f): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
The write-up says something different from the pictures.

The pictures say free money but the write-up says people had access to withdraw more than the withdrawal limit, also they only withdrew moneys in their accounts, nothing more.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Silentgroper(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
i think the heading is misleading...

I think it's about them able to withdraw more than their daily limits than them withdrawing free cash.

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by LegacyB: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
kayusely70:
Cash Bonanza!
Nothing like bonanzas there would be recovery. It’s a loan automatically!

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
As things hard for country man and woman, I just wish it's happening in naija!
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Desusi: 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
blaquemyc:
If this had happened in Nigeria, some white ass worshippers would have told us how this will never happen in the west, how law abiding and honest the white man is, how they would have all waited patiently at home until the glitch is fixed before going to the bank. But una see am ba, na Oyibo people dey queue for free money laiso. Nobody no like awoof.
Oyibo are not born in a special way.They are Born the same way like us.From my experience and stay with them in abroad over the years,they are worst.

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Dyfynezz12(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
Lol
Nothing sweet pass free money
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Procashtips(m): 12:41pm On Aug 17, 2023
WildChild00:
If it happens in my dear country Nigeria, your guess is as good as mine, Yahoo boys, and co would finish the said Bank.

How does this correspond with the news?
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by bigdammyj: 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Noted.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by blaise26abj(m): 12:46pm On Aug 17, 2023
WildChild00:
If it happens in my dear country Nigeria, your guess is as good as mine, Yahoo boys, and co would finish the said Bank.

Fortunately the banks will get their money back as long as you used your ATM card . They have your data and it will shock you how well they will come after you …. Unless you plan to be using wooden safe at home thereafter

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by GreenCovering: 12:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
At least they are still orderly.
If na Naija now, you no go fit reach the atm mouth due fights that would have broken out.
grin
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by joeflex6(m): 12:56pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bank error in your favor monopoly card.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by shunlet(m): 1:04pm On Aug 17, 2023
Nigeria atm machine no even dey get plenty cash, before you know it... Money go finish for the machine. And some idiot wey go dey fight for machine self will alert the bank and they will stop everybody from withdrawing πŸ˜‚
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by int0x80(m): 1:11pm On Aug 17, 2023
They will pay it back, with interest.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by lexy2014: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
wittywriter:
True definition of enjoy while it lasts....lolz

Wittyness

And you think the bank won't get its money back?
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Baddass: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Misleading headline
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by lexy2014: 1:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Dyfynezz12:
Lol
Nothing sweet pass free money

How is the money free?

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Starplusic: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
I wonder oo
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by EmmaLege: 1:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
tivity101:

It has happened before now but it's not with ATM it's with INEC server during the presidential election. πŸ™„πŸ˜€πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜

This guy ehn πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by NOwazobia: 1:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
WildChild00:
The only difference will be that there would be no queue.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by NOwazobia: 1:37pm On Aug 17, 2023
blaquemyc:
If this had happened in Nigeria, some white ass worshippers would have told us how this will never happen in the west, how law abiding and honest the white man is, how they would have all waited patiently at home until the glitch is fixed before going to the bank. But una see am ba, na Oyibo people dey queue for free money laiso. Nobody no like awoof.
You are very correct πŸ‘
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by NOwazobia: 1:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
bro4u:
This type mistake can never happen in Nigeria,, instead na d machine go withhold your cash and card join- Nigeria is always exempted from good things happening around d world
So, this is a good thing you wish should happen in Nigeria? undecided
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by buJu234: 1:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
this just proves that nobody irrespective of their colour, race or location is honest.

everyone is a potential criminal

the only deterrence is the implementation of the law.

if a country refused to implement the law to everyone, then u will have the potential criminal showing up but once the country implement the law, crimes will go down..

just like the then fashola anti-one way law in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by Simplyfun: 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Make nobody tell me say the Oyinbos are not corrupt. You see we are learning when it comes to corruption from these people. Our own is just that our government neglect the basic amenities for us the masses while embezzling the money while there government provide basic amenities for them and steal the rest money.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by HighTable(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2023
With the advent of AI now, creating malwares has been a child's play, there will be consequences has it only AI that can counter AI effectively.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by imagrg(m): 2:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
You have hit the head on the nail! grin
Check my siggy below and thank me later. It's money rain for the lucky ones. And I'm gonna be lucky!
libertyfather:
wow, wow ,wow....if this happens here, I comment my reserve
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by membranus: 2:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
Bankowner:
It happened in Nigeria in the bank I worked. It was a system upgrade so account balances were not updating online, real time. Guys were going from branch to branch withdrawing cash over the counter and on ATMs. It was one of the worst times to be a bank worker.

Yeah in UBA then in the early 2000s. All the accounts, both current and savings were traced and debited thereafter. Majority paid back the money, while the rest abandoned their accounts.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by LydayBobo(m): 2:18pm On Aug 17, 2023
WildChild00:
It has happened before in a University ATM during the first launch of ATM in Nigeria. Infact most students overdrawn while some blew the whittle on others. The machine was shut down. Anyways the Branch Manager prints all the accounts, amounts overdrawn and took it to the VC. Every one pay ooo. It's a campus in SW
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by lexy2014: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
wittywriter:
True definition of enjoy while it lasts....lolz

Obviously you didn't read the part where it was stated that the glitch allowed for more withdrawal than withdrawal limits
Wittyness

Obviously you read just one line and missed the following:

A glitch with Bank of Ireland's online app reportedly allowed customers with no money to transfer funds and withdraw it from an ATM.

It warned customers that any money transferred or withdrawn over normal limits "will be debited from their account".
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by SledgeHammerer: 2:25pm On Aug 17, 2023
INEC glitches
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by dyera(m): 2:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
blaquemyc:

Would Nigerians have queued for free money? Instead of queuing and waiting for their turn, they would have fought and destroyed the ATM machine.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by blaquemyc: 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
dyera:

Would Nigerians have queued for free money? Instead of queuing and waiting for their turn, they would have fought and destroyed the ATM machine.
Get the info.
Re: Irish People Rush ATMs After IT Glitch Allows Them To Withdraw Free Cash by bluefilm: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
I see so many of them going to jail after this whole fiesta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

CBN Introduces New FOREX Rates, Dollar Now N360 For "Invisibles" / Do It Yourself FOREX Trading Course FREE / Long Queues As Residents Rush For New Naira Notes In Kano (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.