Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) (50659 Views)

Mr Ibu Speaking Hausa In A Kannywood Movie (Throwback Video) / Anike Agbaje-Williams: Nigeria's First Female TV Presenter Is 87 Today (Photos) / 10 Most Popular James Bond Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Neddyogu(m): 4:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
Joeyfizzo:
read the write up....the name is there....it's Nchelem not Shele.... πŸ˜†

Na 'Shele' we dey hear dat time o
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Confirmedzombie: 4:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willy willy don die
Na who kill am
Na Nchelem kill am

Clap for Nchelem clap for Nchelem
Give her a big hand
Tupam kpam kpam kpam
Tupam kpam

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by blowjohn(m): 4:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
Cemsorcems:
This was a horror movie? Please.

If u were young those days, dey no born u we'll to watch am alone.
It had this unleash eerie and indescribable horror to it.

This and agbaranla( ultimate power) Christian series.

Scary stuff mehn

2 Likes

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by blowjohn(m): 4:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
ceematics:
Couldn't watch this movie without staying behind my mum..the tune alone was more than horror back then..there was a time he rose up in the cemetery mehn i ran away from the room to God knows where πŸ˜‚

Baba I made up my mind as a kid not to keep any memories of the series o.

As I dey watch am, I dey look all around the room.

The way the ghost or whatever it was disappeared eh. U fit jump reach roof.

If Nepa dare carry light when u dey watch this horror drama eh, ur own don be.

Back in ibadan then

2 Likes

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by lexy2014: 4:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
ogbonti:
willie willie was no the first - horror movie in Nigeria

I think it was "POT OF LIFE" which was produced by NTA Benin grin grin grin around 1981/82

If you see what "Aimiuwu" - the virgin girl went through when going to the "Land of the dead" to retrieve the pot of life for the sick Oba

you will know that "willie willie" dey learn

----- you will see the casket open, "ENTER MEEEEEEEEE ENTER MEEEEEEEEE..... I AM RICHER THAN YOU FATHER"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when you see skeleton dey talk you go piss for body grin grin grin as a kid then - you will freeze .. and the songs too

was not helping matters ..... grin grin grin grin

Ol' boy eeeh.

Aimiwuuuuu

Well scripted

Now na BBN be d thing wey Dem de watch

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Allisgud: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Which is more scary between ayamatanga and willywilly
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by kannymoore(m): 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
ogbonti:

I think it was "POT OF LIFE" which was produced by NTA Benin grin grin grin around 1981/82

If you see what "Aimiuwu" - the virgin girl went through when going to the "Land of the dead" to retrieve the pot of life for the sick Oba

you will know that "willie willie" dey learn Work

----- you will see the casket open, "ENTER MEEEEEEEEE ENTER MEEEEEEEEE..... I AM RICHER THAN YOU FATHER"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when you see skeleton dey talk you go piss for body grin grin grin as a kid then - you will freeze .. and the songs too

You're very correct!

Willie Willie isn't even as old as THE REIGN OF ABIKU...!

Naah!... Just the title of that movie and flashbacks of a couple of scenes just dey gimme goosebumps all over again.

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by sacajawea: 4:39pm On Aug 17, 2023
April4th:
Still remembered how willy willy was beaten blue black in warri that year. Because he refused to disappear grin grin grin when the lights where turned off at first bank cinema then. He went to hide behind a chair. Trust warri boys, they weren't having none of that. Insisting they pay to come and watch him disappear.
Ahhhh. Seriously??!
What year was this please? Ans was it the same man that Played same Role in theatre?
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 4:40pm On Aug 17, 2023
ogbonti:

Is the movie on YouTube. Make I downloaded am sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by TheSuperX(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Scary sh*t back then. 🀣
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by sacajawea: 4:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
achumba311:
He’s a professor now and equally a visiting professor to imo state university owerri but he should be retired by now
Was he already a Lecturer then, when he played in the movie?
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by TheSuperX(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
folake4u:
I don't even know this show. I heard of the term Willie Willie in my adulthood.
How would you know? afterall you are a small girl.
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by brainhgeek(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Willy willy don die
Na who kill am?
Na Sheila kill am
Clap for Sheila
Kpa/x7
...and Willy Willy's ghost appears...

Lol
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Onuimo1(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Wow memories. I remember watching the series in black and white Tv in the '90s. Most times I'll stay outside of our sitting room window because of fear. Was interesting those days.
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by descarado: 4:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
Racoon:
grin For those of us who watched and suffered goose pimples from this Nigerian home-made horror movie/film please identify yourself here. Let's see how we are still brave enough till date. Indomie generation please keep off o.
Indomie noodles came to Nigeria in the late 80s.
Willi Willie lasted till the 90s.
Do the math
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by sacajawea: 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Onuimo1:
Wow memories. I remember watching the series in black and white Tv in the '90s. Most times I'll stay outside of our sitting room window because of fear. Was interesting those days.
And You must be married with Children now, right?
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by bigwig071(m): 4:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
Wow, this life self..?
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by penearth(m): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Willy willy don die
Na who kill am?
Na shele kill am
Clap for shele x 2 (don't know if I remember the shele name well)

Na Nchele kill am*

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Juanmike(m): 4:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
Racoon:
grin For those of us who watched and suffered goose pimples from this Nigerian home-made horror movie/film please identify yourself here. Let's see how we are still brave enough till date. Indomie generation please keep off o.
You must be old

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Blazebond(m): 4:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hahahahaha,and na around 9:30 for night tv stations take dey show am den o,see better fear after you don watch finish ehn.
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Chineloani(f): 4:55pm On Aug 17, 2023
Most Gen Zs' here can't relate at all. πŸ˜†
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by jaymichael(m): 5:01pm On Aug 17, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
It was very scary that year and NTA didn't do well by showing it at midnight which made it more scary.

I watched it recently and noticed how poor filming was back then in Nigeria compared to today. The visuals and audio are of very poor quality. We have come a long way in the filming industry.

Nostalgic!
For this singular reason, NTA will not make heaven I swearπŸ˜„

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by SunTzu123(m): 5:05pm On Aug 17, 2023
ogbonti:

If you remember this, you must remember Hotel de Jordan"?

3 Likes

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Maobichek: 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
DMerciful:
Willy willy don die
Na who kill am?
Na shele kill am
Clap for shele x 2 (don't know if I remember the shele name well)

Good evening, immediately i saw the thread, i remembered the song. The series was something else then.

2 Likes

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by Confirm4real(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
Indomie generation really missed a lot chaii grin

At night we use it to scare each other by saying see Willy Willy everybody go pick race...

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by onyxo76(m): 5:07pm On Aug 17, 2023
Racoon:
The children of many families in the 1980s are well behaved. The fear of Willy Willy is the beginning of wisdom and good behaviours. Chai!, grin
abi..those were times o
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by RadiantGlow: 5:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
tragergeorge:
Willi wili don die.
Na who kill am.
Na Chelle kill am
Oya klap for Chelle

I only watched Jimi Odumosu's Evil Encounter.
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by zolajpower: 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Racoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDhhoMn2Zo

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0pGokkzhrX8HDqA88dLu8cS5Z2Cb1wKNq3wiswQ2MV9V1GsUkcKzgbkP6V96Z2A6gl&id=100003946413500&post_id=100003946413500_pfbid0pGokkzhrX8HDqA88dLu8cS5Z2Cb1wKNq3wiswQ2MV9V1GsUkcKzgbkP6V96Z2A6gl&mibextid=Nif5oz

THROWBACK: Meet Dr.Chinyere Ohiri - The Famous Willie Willie Horror Film Actor of The 1980s.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2TfsUnJ56b/?hl=en
Willy willy isn't the first horror in Nig , evil encounter was the first and there was LINX ( Awaw) POT OF LIFE etc another horror movie as well . There re lot before willy willy .
Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by April4th(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
EconomistXplain:

there was functioning cinema den..?

Yes, there were several functioning cinemas in warri then. Laila cinema is one of them, on warri sapele road opposite God's kingdom society.

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by April4th(m): 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2023
sacajawea:

Ahhhh. Seriously??!
What year was this please? Ans was it the same man that Played same Role in theatre?

Same man. Can't remember the exact year. Should be 85/86. Still a youngster then, went with my late uncle who's into showbiz and music then.

1 Like

Re: Willy Willy: Nigeria's First Most Popular Horror Movie (Throwback) by EconomistXplain: 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2023
April4th:

Yes, there were several functioning cinemas in warri then. Laila cinema is one of them, on warri sapele road opposite God's kingdom society.

good to know that...hope those cinema outlets survived the times nd is still standing till date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians React As Genevieve Nnaji LIONHEART Shows On Netflix. Trends On Twitter / Wathoni Kisses Kiddwaya During BBNaija Truth Or Dare Game / AMVCA 2017: Full Winners List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.