Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? (270 Views)

Boko-haram Attack- I Pulled Off My Dirty Uniform And Ran (Nigerian Soldier) / Former Nigerian Soldier Looks Unrecognisable After Relocating Abroad. Photos / Female Nigerian Soldier Praying With Her Rifle At The Battlefield. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by chinedu234(m): 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
I have watched with dismay Nigerians' reaction to the News that 36 soldiers were KILLED in Niger state by bandits. This seems nearly a platoon of soldiers. And Nigeria did not declare a state of mourning. Flags are not flying at half mast. The federal government functionaries today were busy lunching a book written by an octogenarian in a television life broadcast. What a shame! What if the president had died. The flags will fly at half mast and days of mourning would have been declared. Just one old man! What makes the life of a president who may have manipulated his way to office be more important than that of 36 young soldiers? Who deployed these soldiers? What was the intelligence that preceded the deployment? Is the military high command investigating this massacre? Could there have been sloppiness in the deployment? Where is the dss in all this? Is it possible that they were too busy with the president looking for a scapegoat in Emefiele and Bawa? Why are NIGERIANS keeping so quiet over this NATIONAL tragedy. I beg to be different. I also want to think that there are still some human beings left in the country. I am not asking for too much. Let the NATION mourn. If there is a president, there would have been a national broadcast. Flags would have been flying at half mast.
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by EbolaTinubu: 8:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
Nothing cry embarassed

Officially, Nigeria is a failed state and if you die defending it, you died for nothing.

To even add more salt to the injury, they won't care for the family you left behind and another hungry and sex starved he-goat go chop your wife kpomo tire.
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by pandoragirigory: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Same with the life of police in south east

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by Wainey: 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
That will not happen, Soldiers are meant to fight for their country and if they die, that is what they signed up for.

Each individual in the country will mourn them in their own way, and they will get special mourning and respect from the military, probably accompanied with a parade.

If they fly flag for a military recruit, then NYSC Corp members too will need flag at half mast.
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by EbolaTinubu: 8:31pm On Aug 17, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Same with the life of police in south east
See this one. You think everything is about politics because it has not gotten to you abi? You will soon meet your Waterloo for defending criminals that doesn't care about you. Continue

1 Like

Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by talented321: 8:33pm On Aug 17, 2023
My uncle said i should come and join him in the navy'' i tell the werey that i prefer my farming business to your navy''
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by Nonexisting1: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Anybody I know who joins Nigeria army now will automatically earn an RIP in advance from me. I remember as a child when we lost my cousin who was posted to Zaria. The idiots in uniform brought back his corpse and knocked at his papa door around 3am in the morning with no pre information or anything. We just buried our dead and my grandfather then laid curse on any one in our family who will ever join the Nigerian army. Oh it was a terrible time for all of us seeing my grandfather crying even though I was just a child.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by pandoragirigory: 8:48pm On Aug 17, 2023
EbolaTinubu:

See this one. You think everything is about politics because it has not gotten to you abi? You will soon meet your Waterloo for defending criminals that doesn't care about you. Continue
Hypocrite, stop being mischievous, anything you say, think, declared are for you your family members and your generations
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by Offpointng: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
Nonexisting1:
Anybody I know who joins Nigeria army now will automatically earn an RIP in advance from me. I remember as a child when we lost my cousin who was posted to Zaria. The idiots in uniform brought back his corpse and knocked at his papa door around 3am in the morning with no pre information or anything. We just buried our dead and my grandfather then laid curse on any one in our family who will ever join the Nigerian army. Oh it was a terrible time for all of us seeing my grandfather crying even though I was just a child.

So sad embarassed
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by EbolaTinubu: 9:23pm On Aug 17, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Hypocrite, stop being mischievous, anything you say, think, declared are for you your family members and your generations
Mumu
Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by BoldBrainz(m): 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2023
I should waste my time and emotions mourning a Nigerian soldier?

The same animals that will destroy an entire Southern community, displacing indigenes, killing them and carting away their corpses, as retaliation for the slightest provocation?

With the personal experiences I've had, seeing soldiers terrorising civilians and displaying wanton lawlessness, any dead Nigerian soldier is of no relevance and he/she can burn in hell for all I care!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Life Of A Nigerian Soldier Worth? by goodnessme1(f): 9:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
chinedu234:
I have watched with dismay Nigerians' reaction to the News that 36 soldiers were KILLED in Niger state by bandits. This seems nearly a platoon of soldiers. And Nigeria did not declare a state of mourning. Flags are not flying at half mast. The federal government functionaries today were busy lunching a book written by an octogenarian in a television life broadcast. What a shame! What if the president had died. The flags will fly at half mast and days of mourning would have been declared. Just one old man! What makes the life of a president who may have manipulated his way to office be more important than that of 36 young soldiers? Who deployed these soldiers? What was the intelligence that preceded the deployment? Is the military high command investigating this massacre? Could there have been sloppiness in the deployment? Where is the dss in all this? Is it possible that they were too busy with the president looking for a scapegoat in Emefiele and Bawa? Why are NIGERIANS keeping so quiet over this NATIONAL tragedy. I beg to be different. I also want to think that there are still some human beings left in the country. I am not asking for too much. Let the NATION mourn. If there is a president, there would have been a national broadcast. Flags would have been flying at half mast.
Hope you no expect East to mourn Terrorists, because that's what they have made themselves in East.

Had this happened in East they would have burnt down like five towns Within.

I used to love those idi!ots until they start killing unarmed youths in East.

(1) (Reply)

Apc’ll Rule Nigeria For 60 Years, Says Ex-kaduna Speaker / Why Is It That Ebonyi Has Got Bigger GDP Ranking Than Enugu State / Family Raises Alarm Over Missing 37-year-old Nigerian Man In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.