Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic (30295 Views)

No Force In The World’ To Stop Israel From Invading Rafah -Netanyahu / NATO To Deploy Permanent Military Force On Its Border With Russia / Russia Displays Military Force At Annual Victory Day Parade(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by spiSeyi: 7:48am On Aug 18, 2023
Why is everyone making rocks out of moles in the Niger military intervention by EXOWAS, ECOWAS is not doing this for the first time undecided, the ECOMOG won't attack the citizens. The ECOMOG will only go to the seat of power (Presidential Villa to sack the junta) and ensure peace in the country by deploying ECOMOG personnel against any arm aggressions like it was done in the Gambia to drive out Yaya Jammeh in 2017. All I can say is that the Niger junta don buy market cool

1 Like

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by GanagiBitrus: 7:51am On Aug 18, 2023
lexy2014:

na there u miss am. buhari is angry that there was a coup. bazoum is his guy that heled him secure his investments. because of coup, buhari cant go to Niger as he earlier planned
Ok I get your point. But war will negatively affect the North (Hausa/Fulani). & it will be selfish for Buhari to think only of his investments and not consider the sufferings that war will bring to his Hausa/Fulani brothers.

So Buhari +the North will still prefer a peaceful resolution without war.

1 Like

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by bigiyaro(m): 7:52am On Aug 18, 2023
See how BAT has put A WHOLE ECOWAS in a tight position with his kneel jerk style of doing things, how can a president be talking anyhow? Removal of subsidy without any reasoning nor consultations is still choking the nation. How will you just run and declare war without any reasoning? At his age he is supposed to know that "na sense Dem dey take kill fly wey perch for your blockus"
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Basicend: 7:54am On Aug 18, 2023
Tinubu should not complain to Nigerians that he is unable to meet the welfare and infastructural commitments becoz Nigeria is pumping money to a war in Niger.

We did not send him job o. He is on his own.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Blazebond(m): 7:54am On Aug 18, 2023
So because ECOWAS didn't make a move during the Mali and Burkina Faso coupist now means that they should not also make a move against Niger? Please you all need to reason things properly,the fact that you allowed a wrong the first,second, third or fourth time does not mean that you should continue to allow it or condone it,the lack of actions against those earlier coups was what emboldened this Niger coupists to strike.

quote author=Racoon post=125183976]And what have the ECOWAS effectively done against the military interventions in Mali, Guinea, Northern Sudan, Burkina Faso? Why the obsession with the Niger Republic debacle only? What Paul Biya is doing in Cameroon is constitutional governance to these idiots right?

Meanwhile,someone who got into government via unconstitutionality is forcefully demand a return to constitutional governance in another sovereign nation. What a wonder! [/quote]
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by forgiveness: 7:58am On Aug 18, 2023
Racoon:
And what have the ECOWAS effectively done against the military interventions in Mali, Guinea, Northern Sudan, Burkina Faso? Why the obsession with the Niger Republic debacle only? What Paul Biya is doing in Cameroon is constitutional governance to these idiots right?

Meanwhile,someone who got into government via unconstitutionality is forcefully demand a return to constitutional governance in another sovereign nation. What a wonder!

Wetin concern Ecowas with Sudan?
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by MrPOTUS: 8:00am On Aug 18, 2023
Morphinne:

You believe or you’re made to believe that what’s happening in Niger (coup) doesn’t and wouldn’t affect you simply because you’re too dull. Again, this war is definitely not about just Niger, it’s about protecting west Africa from the recurrence of a dark history I.e coup. The culture of killing, maiming, arresting and persecuting incumbent leaders must not be tolerated otherwise, it will become a norm. In your own myopic mind, you think those who are loyal to the ousted president would fold their hands and let this slide? This is how terrorists are bred and you think Nigeria would be safe if another terror group emerges to fight the junta today?

Then what does an idiot like you suggest??

We neglect our own problem; hunger, hyperinflation, corruption, insecurity and waste our resources on Niger??

Tomorrow, dey will say they spent all the money recovered from subsidy on a useless war that doesn't concern us.

Such for a smart guy right??

3 Likes

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Lanretoye(m): 8:01am On Aug 18, 2023
DenreleDave:

Lo grin grin grin

Egbon
no mind them dave,e be to them like na only them dey the country.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by yeshuasfootstep(m): 8:06am On Aug 18, 2023
It's Ok.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by prophetfire: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2023
Racoon:
And what have the ECOWAS effectively done against the military interventions in Mali, Guinea, Northern Sudan, Burkina Faso? Why the obsession with the Niger Republic debacle only? What Paul Biya is doing in Cameroon is constitutional governance to these idiots right?

Meanwhile,someone who got into government via unconstitutionality is forcefully demand a return to constitutional governance in another sovereign nation. What a wonder!
. Niger is important to France for exploitation and to US for their military base.
ECOWAS has no interest in what is happening in Niger but are only being egged on by France and USA. It's clear that apart from the Mali, Burkina Faso, Guinea Chad and Niger, all other West Africa countries are being ruled by puppets.
I will like the war to happen and when the catastrophe will start to trickle in, it would help other African countries to kick out their own puppet presidents like Tinubu.

4 Likes

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Kevineleven(m): 8:13am On Aug 18, 2023
There was a secret video that a friend shared to me on whatsapp where these westerners where saying that Africans are unproductive but highly reproductive and the solution is destroy atleast half of our population.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by 1phone(m): 8:15am On Aug 18, 2023
Lecturer carry the whole text book enter lecture we no talk,
Small paper wey I carry enter exam Dem say na malpractice💔😔🚶

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Coronavirus1: 8:18am On Aug 18, 2023
Blinken emphasized the importance of Ukraine's capacity to protect itself from continuous Russian aggression and sovereignty breaches. Meanwhile, Ecowas seeks to violate the sovereignty of Niger Republic, with the backing of the USA, raising concerns about double standards.

2 Likes

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Exjoker(m): 8:22am On Aug 18, 2023
Racoon:

The coup in latest in trend of coups happening in Africa. Just like the ones in those countries, if the one in Niger is not mitigated and dealt with then sooner or later more coups will follow suit.

Another reason the coup in Niger is been given much attention is it direct effect on Nigeria. Nigeria is using it influence to make sure action is taken against it...

I will advise you to study more about international policy then you will understand more about what is happening in Niger republic.

1 Like

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Dvdpity: 8:29am On Aug 18, 2023
Exjoker:
The coup in latest in trend of coups happening in Africa. Just like the ones in those countries, if the one in Niger is not mitigated and dealt with then sooner or later more coups will follow suit.

Another reason the coup in Niger is been given much attention is it direct effect on Nigeria. Nigeria is using it influence to make sure action is taken against it...

I will advise you to study more about international policy then you will understand more about what is happening in Niger republic.
Why is coup not spreading in East Asia after what happened in Myanmar?

Coup happens when civilian corruption, nepotism poverty and dictatorship reigns. Just like in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by occfx: 8:41am On Aug 18, 2023
Manny21:
Yoruba says, you can only know the beginning of a war, you can never know how it will end. This is not protecting democracy but protecting some people's ego trip and political interests.

Let the war start abeg... I ve noticed fight solves a lot of problems even since secondary school days. A bully will respect himself as soon as you fight him.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by RaptorX: 8:46am On Aug 18, 2023
This is one coup too many, so an example have to made out of this junta to serve as a deterrence to other soldiers of fortune.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Exjoker(m): 8:51am On Aug 18, 2023
Dvdpity:

Coup happens when civilian corruption, nepotism poverty and dictatorship reigns. Just like in Nigeria.
That is what the coupest want you to believe bro... They always try paint themselves as the LIBERATION ARMY But Truth be told coup has never solved any problem in any country in Africa before. Quote me anywhere!!!!!

The junta in Niger is giving the impression that he want to remain president for life that is why he is ignoring all form of negotiations for peaceful return of power to civilians.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 18, 2023
Everytime to deploy, to deploy, deployment that will never happen,
Niger are the ones wearing the pants whilst ECOWAS are wearing the sket.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Napata77: 9:01am On Aug 18, 2023
SmartPolician:

Tinubu wants validation from those countries because they condemned the election that brought him to power. That's what you get when you get into power through the backdoor. He's just doing everything to please them.

As the leader of ECOWAS, he can simply say that he won't apply force and that member states that want to apply force can deploy their military to Niger. That decision will remove war from the table because there's no ECOWAS without Nigeria.

I don’t buy this argument.

Is Tinubu the first person to win disputed elections in Nigeria or Africa that he must go to war to placate anyone?

I think Nigeria is doing it to protect her 15 billion dollar gas pipeline passing through Niger and Algeria to Europe. Putin backs the COUPISTS and will sabotage the project to maintain his monopoly in Europe’s gas market.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by gfelo(m): 9:03am On Aug 18, 2023
mean while back here in Nigeria 36 soldiers just perish and the government are not doing anything about it, what a myopic ecowas chairman.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Napata77: 9:06am On Aug 18, 2023
Dvdpity:

Shut up.

Is France in East Asia secretly backing terrorists and blackmailing their leaders and collecting half their annual income under colonial treaties?

That’s only a LITTLE of what is happening in those francophone nations. The military coups represent Africans saying ENOUGH.
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Elan83(m): 9:45am On Aug 18, 2023
jahsharon:

Cry, weep, wail, BAT is President till 2031, and if Kashim Shettima behaves himself, he will be President from 2031 to 2039.
poverty & backwardness go dey strangle you still till year 2090
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by olumide789987: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2023
I read some people narrative about this issue on ground and I laugh
Firstly let me start by saying that the junta force are wrong to carry out a coup on a democratically elected president,
I am a Peter obi supporter and during the election we saw the manipulation of the electoral process and wanted to protest but the person who we wanted to protests for said protest is not the best option and says the best way to voice out is to heard to court, that's a wise man
We will end up destroying ourselves if we wanted to protests. He was not a coward for saying so
Carrying out coup against an elected government wouldn't solve the problem easily even if the government were evil
Now let me tell you this it will not take long for a govt who was not installed by the democratic process to do according to his will and not the will of his people because they was no mandate of the people he was fighting for in the first place and he his not. Accountable to anyone
He might show some kind of initial people loving attitude at first but after some time he becomes unquestionable
I want you to mention all those imperiallist, those who have gotten to authority by violence and watch who their allies are or the countries they look up to
you will see something similar
they never wants to step down from power, those of them who are in power and entered with democracy have all changed the process to favour themselves to remain in power
The citizens can't question their authority or decision in any matters
Russia is fighting a war in Ukraine today and you don't have the right to protest or to talk against the govt
When putin initially became president he was the people choice but todat we read of people fleeing the country
A woman was reportedly pronounced wanted because she spoke against the govt. if not she flee by now we will not hear about her
A reporter can go to the white house and speak against the president in the most disrespectful way during an interview and nothing will happen to her
We all know if the same was done with the Russian president it's no going to end well for such person
There's a saying that power corrupts and absolute power corrupt absolutely
If you and I get into power tomorrow I bet we will always want to do anything according to our wish
But once that power is calliberated and controlled by the system of govt, and you and I are aware that we are not indispensable and can be removed easily once it goes against the will of the people I belive we will apply caution to whatever decision we are taking
But if that power can't be controlled by anyone we tend to abuse it
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by MySolace: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2023
Lanretoye:
deploy your own military too so you can oust him.
Attend to his first paragraph plzzz.

Why Niger, why not others?
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Bfly: 11:25am On Aug 18, 2023
The Agbada and coat men always think that it is easy to bear for the millitary men at the war front to see thesame state they are losing their lives to protect suffers in the hand of wanton leaders.

Only a soldier who has not watched people died at war front will not support a coup against corrupt politicians.

Let Ecowas go back home and fix their individual democratic states before infringing a sovereign state for making decision that is valid within their own jurisdiction.
Also, if Ecowas mean well, they should do thesame towards Bukina faso or else Tinubu is doing this to avoid such in Nigeria because 7He not confident in his governance, not because he loves Niger.

Democracy shouldn't be imposed on any sovereign state for crying out loud.

Nigeriens has not condemned the junta for the short period so far.

1 Like

Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by olumide789987: 11:28am On Aug 18, 2023
occfx:

Let the war start abeg... I ve noticed fight solves a lot of problems even since secondary school days. A bully will respect himself as soon as you fight him.

I like how all you guys are against many govt officials but let me tell you some facts
1. Whether we want to deceive ourselves or not the truth is niger military is not upto 30 % of Nigeria military in anything
you can ask goggle if you think am lying( Nigeria is no 4th in Africa Niger is 119)
2. Tinubu is the president of ecowas and he's supposed to act in the best interest of the commonwealth (mind you ecowas has a principle to maintain democracy in every of its member states
Which all members countries agreed On). I belive if Tinubu had kept mute with all that is going you guys will still criticise him
3 Russian might not be able to back up Niger with military assistance and food supplies or utility
Reason is this
- Russia is fighting a direct war against it's neighbour which has affected their economy so bad that the currency has lost value not only to the dollar but to some other countries currency such as the yen, even Brazils currency and that of Germany is performing better than it
- not only is Russia fighting war with its neighbours it is also assisting some other countries in fighting some of their wars, this also has increased their military spending, while many nato countries and their allies have stopped trading with them, these countries have been the major countries buying from russia
Which implies low income large spending
Many of their assets have been frozen since early last year
- Russias main ally China will frown at any involvement in the situation by Russia that opposes the decisions of ecowas, this is because China has a principle where it feels that a continent or region should settle it's issues themselves that's why China is not to much involving itself in the issues btw Russia and Ukraine even though their common enemy is the US
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Truckpusher(m): 11:29am On Aug 18, 2023
1phone:
Lecturer carry the whole text book enter lecture we no talk,
Small paper wey I carry enter exam Dem say na malpractice💔😔🚶
grin grin cheesy
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by enomakos(m): 11:37am On Aug 18, 2023
Sas
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Horus(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

They don't want Niger republic to turn to another Mali where terrorists have taken over half of Mali.

It is the other way around. Terrorists controled half of Mali only when the frenchs were in Mali. The situation that you describe was Before the Military takeover in Mali. The terrorists are simply mercenaries working for the Frenchs, they are accomplice
Re: Coup: ECOWAS To Deploy Military Force In Niger Republic by Horus(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

If Terrorists eventually take over half of Niger Republic like they have done in another military junta (Mali), then they can be a great threat to Nigeria.

Stop spreading false informations, especially when it seems that you are voluntarily and intentionally trying to mislead people in a deliberate intent to cause harm and confusion. What you are referring to was Before the military takeover in Mali, when the French were arming, training and sharing intelligence with the terrorists that massacred civilians in villages (including women and children). On top of that, when they bought military equipment in order to defend their villages, France and her allies managed to block the equipment abroad while they were counting France as a partner. After that stabbing in the back by France, they decided to terminate all the agreements they had with France. Luckily for them, there are other countries that are willing to help. They have acquired a lot of weapons from Russia, China, Turkye, Iran, etc. Now, the terrorists are getting crushed really hard. The last support of the terrorists was Mr. Bazoum, who got kicked out by his own army.
This means game over for France and her terrorist mates.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

200,000 Fresh Russian Troops Preparing To Capture The Whole Of Ukraine (Photos) / Women March For Abortion Rights In US (Pictures, Video) / Russia Threatens To Fine Wikipedia If It Doesn't Remove Details About The War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.