Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,218 members, 7,825,818 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:34 AM

Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 (31375 Views)

Ekpeye And Ogba Ethnic Groups Are From Igbo Hinterland / The Traditions Of Origin Of Ora People In Edo State / Oyo Twins Festival: 2034 Sets Of Twins Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Gajagojo: 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
Depriest2020:
Why is it that so many towns in south west Nigeria is named after Igbo.
There is difference between Igbo and Yeeboe in Yoruba orthography

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Raydave: 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
[quote author=tolexy007 post=125189593] i remember 2009 when i did My IT in Obasanjo Farm in Igboora, Omo i really enjoy my self there. food too cheap.

lafun and ilasa almost grow for my head.

almost every family have twins. i leant it was lafun and ilasa dey always eat is the reason dey always have twins

igboora is a beautiful place With good people,

i miss that place. I miss Oja towobo things are cheap in that market then, u can get fresh bush meat in that market then

God bless igboora
God bless ibarapa meje
God bless Oyo state
God bless Ayede Ogbese
God bless Akure
God bless Ondo state
God bless Ogun state
God bless Osun state
God bless Lagos state
God bless Ekiti state
God bless Nigeria
God bless ISESE

Yes.... You're simply Real, to bust your brain, Today is there Market day at Towobowo I swear🤭 I need to get some stuffs there today
Long live Igboora 💯💯

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by spencekat(m): 12:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
Great to know that it was only in Akwa Ibom and Cross River states that Mary Slessor stopped the killing of twins.
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by porthouse7(f): 12:55pm On Aug 18, 2023
Depriest2020:
igbo is bush in Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by porthouse7(f): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
orohbirodeysmel:

Yeah..
Then investment, business and money matters...call Igbos
unsecured tribe

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by franchasofficia: 12:57pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hahahaha Yoruba people have revived all their dead cultures just because their criminal son Ebola became an illegal President, wonders shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Mrtaye: 1:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
Enugupikin:

Igbo means something like forest in yoruba

Same way Olaniyi, Nyemisi means other things in Igbo cheesy grin
Ewo tun ni Nyemisi bayi o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Microwhy: 1:15pm On Aug 18, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI:
angry angry this people sabi worwor ehnnnn I see why dem no allow fresh ppl vote for lagos ....its a crime to be fresh from that side
You get dirty bad funny mouth...
While scrolling the FP, I saw pic of a fresh twin and subconsciously, i concluded they are igbo or Easterners.
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Bukola94: 1:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
Obakoolex:
The town with the highest number of twins in the whole Africa.
No household without at least a twin.

Research has it that they eat a particular diet that probably leads to the high rate of twins.

The information is not free grin
whole Africa ? In the world,quote me anywhere. Whites we tell you something and u will not do your own personal research. I ask a researcher from America to give me the exact figures of twins in America and Europe, he said they just pamutate the data,and he said they use science, tablets& technology to induce and increase their own twins,triplets,quadriplet etc. I said it is natural source or normal in Africa to have twins,and he should visit Nigeria in Oyo to confirm what I am saying, he said Nigeria is not safe and he is afraid of Africa continent. Tor, what I am telling you is dated back to 2010

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Longinyamapucci(m): 1:17pm On Aug 18, 2023
My grand father was a colonial administrator there when igbos control the town.

They still name it after us.
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by StrongAlphMale: 1:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
Depriest2020:

Normally Yorubas can't do without igbos.

News has it that Igbos founded south West. And because of this all lands in SW were named after its Original owners (the Igbos). This is exactly why you have Igbos names in every locality in Yorubaland
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by caye(m): 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
Racoon:
kiss Learnt about the high prevalence of twinning here when a friend was @ Baptist facility in the Igbora town some years ago. What a fortunate fest for them. Great bless Mary Scellesor for her persistence towards the eradication of killing twins in Nigeria.

[Correction] :-
for her persistence towards the eradication of killing twins in Calabar and cross river.

Yorubas have always seen ibejis as part of the spiritual higher beings of the world.

Check the Odu Ifa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Obakoolex(m): 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
DestinyNigga:

Research shows that they come all the way from Afonjaland to steal twins from Igboland. We should hold Theifuibu and Amotekun terrorists responsible for this grin grin. IgboAmaka

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by AntiWailer: 1:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
Depriest2020:

Oponu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by raskymonojendor: 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
God bless Mary Slessor.

If not for her, these people would not be existing today. grin
No. We celebrate twins in Yorubaland (orisa ibeji) and even cook special type of beans for them. Mary slessor was active somewhere in the south south where twins were being killed.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by raskymonojendor: 1:44pm On Aug 18, 2023
Kimjongun:

In the olden days yoruba don't farm in the main town, they farm somewhere close outside the main city.
These farms are called igbo and the name of the people that farm there is added.
Like Igbo Ora, it means farm of the Ora people.
Ijebu Igbo, farm of the ijebu people, ijebu ode means the city of the ijebu people
Ode means settlement. Like ode Iremo (settlement of Iremo). Ijebu ode (ijebu settlement).

1 Like

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by remsonik(f): 1:51pm On Aug 18, 2023
God bless yoruba land. Our land will continue to flourish and prosper. We shall continue to have twins who shall excel in life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by debbydams(f): 1:52pm On Aug 18, 2023
LUAN:
Can I pick a wife there?
they said there's a soup one have to eat before birthing twins
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Theboss001: 1:53pm On Aug 18, 2023
spagettiluv:
name one business of Emony and cubana.
Pls don’t mention odogwu bitters oo.

Why did you remove the one you removed.
Cry harder, am not mentioning anything Ronu
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by DestinyNigga: 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2023

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Brownbetsport24: 2:00pm On Aug 18, 2023
Depriest2020:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by makizee(m): 2:02pm On Aug 18, 2023
Racoon:
kiss Learnt about the high prevalence of twinning here when a friend was @ Baptist facility in the Igbora town some years ago. What a fortunate fest for them. Great bless Mary Scellesor for her persistence towards the eradication of killing twins in Nigeria.

Mary Sllessor or Scellessor did not stop the killings of twins in Nigeria, she stopped the killing of twins in Calabar, Yoruba people never killed their twins, instead they saw them as a gift, no part of history also indicated that Fulanis, Hausas, Igbos, Tivs and other tribes killed twins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Kimjongun: 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2023
raskymonojendor:

Ode means settlement. Like ode Iremo (settlement of Iremo). Ijebu ode (ijebu settlement).

The settlement is the city town
Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by makizee(m): 2:04pm On Aug 18, 2023
Pacyrus:
You can say that again. She's one of the reasons me and my twin bro are alive today.

If you are from Calabar and was born when she was around, only then does this apply to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by omohayek: 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
God bless Mary Slessor.

Mary Slessor did good work, but as the OP's article points out, the problem Slessor fought against never existed in Yorubaland. Yorubas have always seen twins as a blessing, and Slessor's work was confined to the south-eastern part of Nigeria.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Greggdekor007: 2:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
This Clan gene is very strong. My Aunt that marries someone from this place has 3 sets of twins. It is like every time she is pregnant, Ejime must show ooo ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by makizee(m): 2:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
stevinmayowa1:
On the contrary, killing of Twins has stopped in Yoruba land before Mary Slessor stepped her feet into Nigeria. She only eradicated killing of twins in Akwa Ibom and by extension, South south states.
There was no even Nigeria in that era. So that appellation is ambiguous to say the least

No sir...killing of twins never stopped in Yorubaland because it never started, it wasn't a thing..and not just Yorubaland, even other tribes of present day Nigeria has no history of twins killings.. re-educate yourself on your history, do not swallow bullshit your enslavers said was the case.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:28pm On Aug 18, 2023
joseph4sales:
Someone else would have stopped the killings
killing of twins was already stopped before Mary slessor came and took the glory na say we don't document tins in Africa as such... Historians in Akwa cross are still trying to correct this feature...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by Zxcvbnmghtr: 2:35pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
God bless Mary Slessor.

In a particular region of the country which they kill twins and not this one. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by gaskiyamagana: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2023
spagettiluv:
we not talking about 2x2 shops and gala selling in traffic.
You make me laugh piggingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by k2money(m): 2:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
God bless Mary Slessor.

Not all these people because this tradition not practice in southwest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From Igbo-Ora Twins Festival 2022 by DodadaKoKigbe: 3:05pm On Aug 18, 2023
accordadoga24:
God bless Mary Slessor.

STOP mistaking Yorubas (who honor twins) for Calabars (who it is CLAIMED kill twins).

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maryland, USA Adds Yoruba as Language for Driver Learner’s Permit Test / Osun State Anthem / Kingmakers Pick Bashir Aminu As New Emir Of Zazzau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.