Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,181 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel (29081 Views)

Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / 'I May Destroy You’: Weruche Opia Stars In HBO's Drama Of The Year / Vee: Konji Keeps Hitting Me Harder - I May Not Survive 5 Weeks In This House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
Evicted Big Brother Naija All Stars housemate Uriel Oputa has recounted her struggle with amenorrhea that lasted for four years.

Amenorrhea is the medical term for the absence of menstruation during the reproductive years, between puberty and menopause.

The 35-year-old singer said the health challenge was “the lowest point” of her life, stressing that doctors told her that she may never be able to have a child.

She disclosed this in a recent chat with media personality Hero Daniels.

She said:
“Before I decided to embark on a health journey, I had health challenges. One of them was that I didn’t see my period for four years. And I remember going to the doctors in the UK, and they told me that there was a high possibility that I would never be able to have children. That time, my niece was two years old and I remember leaving the office thinking, ‘Oh! I will never be able to have a child.’

“I went into a state of depression. I was so depressed that I couldn’t watch kids on TV. I hated going past schools or parks because I would be reminded constantly that I may not be able to be a mother.

So, it reached a point where I said, ‘Okay, if I can’t be a mother, I would have my niece as mine.’ And that is why, till today, we [my niece and I] are very close because she looks at me as a second mother.”

DAILY POST

7 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by BikoMERCYme(f): 5:07pm On Aug 18, 2023
What's up with bbn housemates and pity pity words sef...........

ndo.......
May God cure u......

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 18, 2023
Ow sorry dear.
I can easily see through people and yes I saw her pains.
I pray for a miracle for you Uriel

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Wodu89: 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2023
Keep somethings private for goodness sakes. Suddenly the entire world has lost the ability to keep shut !

127 Likes 17 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Kingosytex(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2023
I don't know why this show disgusts me. I think it promotes and rewards mediocrity. I'm still yet to understand why these guys are celebrated and rewarded with mega contracts.
Musicians do music, actors/actresses act. Wetin be the work of these guys?

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Wodu89:
Keep somethings private for goodness sakes. Suddenly the entire world has lost the ability to keep shut !

It's part of healing for some people, you can't tell people how best to handle their pains .

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Wodu89: 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
It's part of healing for some people, you can't tell people how best to handle their pains .

Not for a woman in her 30s and searching for love, it kills things with whomsoever may have been longing for her before it even begins. Kid angry

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 18, 2023
Wodu89:

Not for a woman in her 30s and searching for love, it kills things with whomsoever may have been longing for her before it even begins. Kid angry
That's what you don't understand.
People will love her regardless.
There are men that will want her as she is.

35 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by ShaqFu: 5:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hmmm. Medical doctors can't be right all the time. There are herbs Uriel can take that will solve her problem. There are reasons why our grandparents and great grand parents lived longer years than us, considering how many of them were farmers and had nothing much nature to deal with.

Uriel should seek traditional help.

9 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Danisaint112(m): 5:21pm On Aug 18, 2023
I hardly believe stories of people like this. Many of this girls have done multiple abortions hence leading to the infertility issue.

Most Nigeria girls you see working the streets are guilty of this. cool

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by spencekat(m): 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
A woman suffering from no menses can still be pregnant.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Wodu89: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
That's what you don't understand.
People will love her regardless.
There are men that will want her as she is.

Naive

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by jubrilELsudan: 5:22pm On Aug 18, 2023
I DEY SURE SEY NA OVER ABORTION CAUSE THE CONDITION

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Thegamingorca(m): 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
I felt her pain in the pardon me please sessions. It's sad she had to go

1 Like

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by SILVERLINES: 5:23pm On Aug 18, 2023
angry
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Jestin: 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
To the unmarried guys out there, before u marry any girl , u both should go to the hospital and conduct all necessary tests. Things re happening in marriages this days

12 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Kenmatt(m): 5:24pm On Aug 18, 2023
I didn't read but are you sure you don't know the gospel truth?

Most of you have shattered your ovary ground with drugs, Postinor 1,2,3 and so on...

The rest have blocked their fallopian tube with mistreated or untreated infections.

Now that the only thing they will ask you is; "I hope you didn't cum inside me?"

12 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by CoronaVirusPro: 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
Oh……

Must everything be on social media!

You still yet to get a husband, and already talking about children.

Get a man first and you can either adopt or look for a surrogate.
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Freshtruth(m): 5:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
Abortion too much. Wetin he suppose close mouth keep to ur self you just close marriage gate and embrace feminism

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by wonder233: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
Truth is nobody really cares.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by BoldBrainz(m): 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Ow sorry dear.
I can easily see through people and yes I saw her pains.
I pray for a miracle for you Uriel

What's the pity for ? She the first woman with an underlying medical condition?
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by AntiWailer: 5:26pm On Aug 18, 2023
try IVF .
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 18, 2023
BoldBrainz:

What's the pity for ? She the first woman with an underlying medical condition?
Gush you are soooo insensitive and wicked

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Shattuck(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
Wodu89:

even in a relationship she has to open up to her partner about such condition, this even helps her filter suitors in her life, atleast those that will stay already know what to expect.

3 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by BoldBrainz(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
IconicR:
Gush you are soooo insensitive and wicked

Why? For refusing to pretend to show sympathy when it doesn't exist?
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Kobicove(m): 5:30pm On Aug 18, 2023
Who even asked her to come and download her medical history in public for us? undecided
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by Wodu89: 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2023
Shattuck:
even in a relationship she has to open up to her partner about such condition, this even helps her filter suitors in her life, atleast those that will stay already know to expect.

Naive in love matters
Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by iampeterben(m): 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2023
May God help her, receive fertility in your womb in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: BBNaija All Stars: "Doctors Said I May Never Have Children" – Uriel by AImiron: 5:32pm On Aug 18, 2023
Well she can adopt em…..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Chomzy, Bbnaija Season 7 Housemate / 'King Davido': Hilarious Nollywood Movie Title / Shooting Of 'The Pledge' Starts As Pete Edochie, Chiwetalu Agu, Francis Duru Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.