Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) (317 Views)

10 Cheapest Places To Rent An Apartment In Lagos State / COST TO RENT AN APARTMENT IN KEFFI.NASSARAWA / Where Is The Best Part In Ajah Lagos To Rent An Apartment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Jackossky(m): 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2023
Hi

This is specifically for those that know how to navigate Lagos.

I am about renting a mini flat on the mainland (Surulere or Yaba axis)

Kindly advise on the best way to approach this

I want to beat down prices, what do you think I should watch out for ?

How do I approach agents ?

I know this piece will be useful for someone out there too
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Supercaddy: 8:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jackossky:
Hi

This is specifically for those that know how to navigate Lagos.

I am about renting a mini flat on the mainland (Surulere or Yaba axis)

Kindly advise on the best way to approach this

I want to beat down prices, what do you think I should watch out for ?

How do I approach agents ?

I know this piece will be useful for someone out there too
Dm I will link you up with an agent that was helpful to my brother
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Jackossky(m): 9:11pm On Aug 18, 2023
Supercaddy:

Dm I will link you up with an agent that was helpful to my brother

Ah! Thanks for your help.

However, I'm only looking for advice on how to go about renting a space in Lagos. This would be useful to everyone who want to rent a place in Lagos and are ignorant about how things work in Lagos

Thank you once again.
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Jackossky(m): 9:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
For me personally, instead of walking through the whole yaba, I go to a place I like, look for those that have am established business, let's say a Barber, a shoemaker

Ask them if they can refer any agent to me or know any house around that's vacant

Most of them are always in the know and even if they don't know about any vacant rooms, they will connect you to a trusted agent.

In Lagos, trusting someone online is half foolish, what do you do if they decide to abscond with your money?

Be wise
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by visaclick: 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2023
Jackossky:
For me personally, instead of walking through the whole yaba, I go to a place I like, look for those that have am established business, let's say a Barber, a shoemaker

Ask them if they can refer any agent to me or know any house around that's vacant

Most of them are always in the know and even if they don't know about any vacant rooms, they will connect you to a trusted agent.

In Lagos, trusting someone online is half foolish, what do you do if they decide to abscond with your money?

Be wise
for you to assume anyone online is scam proves you are from those shithole parts of the mainland because their reasoning is just like yours 😆😆😆. Almost all buildings on the island are up to standard and code so with your money you will get a decent home both online and offline.
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Supercaddy: 10:25pm On Aug 18, 2023
ote author=Jackossky post=125201553]

Ah! Thanks for your help.

However, I'm only looking for advice on how to go about renting a space in Lagos. This would be useful to everyone who want to rent a place in Lagos and are ignorant about how things work in Lagos

Thank you once again. [/quote]
Ok.. uwc
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Jackossky(m): 10:18am On Aug 19, 2023
visaclick:
for you to assume anyone online is scam proves you are from those shithole parts of the mainland because their reasoning is just like yours 😆😆😆. Almost all buildings on the island are up to standard and code so with your money you will get a decent home both online and offline.

Smiles

I run a paypal online business.

Aside that, most of my personal business are online.

Where did I say everyone online is a scam?

Check my profile, I have bought and sold stuffs on this same nairaland.

This doesn't means one should disregard due diligence.

You know why Ola of Lagos trends, he is trusted. People would gladly recommend him and you can see where he started.

Why do you think Nairaland has a rule against sending your money to any member?

I think only a naive person would trust all online sellers.

I guess because I used the Barber and shoe maker illustration to drive home my point made you feel I stay in the dregs, lol

I used it so that the "basest" person could find a trusted agent or house owner when looking for a place. Also, they are mostly everywhere. Hardly a place you want to stay and you won't see those guys

You made mention of the island, smiles, not all buildings on the island are what you described.

There is island inside island.

Your comment tells much about you.

Have you been watching Lagos Island areas on tv?
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Jackossky(m): 9:53pm On Aug 30, 2023
I came across a miniflat around adekunle

The guy said 1.5 million for a two bedroom flat.

I'm not sure that agent knows what he is saying

Abeg abeg...
Re: The best way to rent an apartment In Lagos (Graduate guide) by Jackossky(m): 8:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
I came across one, a clean miniflat is about 700_800k and with agreement fees and others, one should budget about 1.2m

Use an agent you can vouch for, if you can't find one, check those that have stable business around your area, ask them to recommend an agent for you

You can never go wrong

See you again.

(1) (Reply)

Hello Nairaland I Am Here To Introduce Myself To You I Am Professional Tiler's C / 5 Bedroom Duplex For Sale In V.G.C Lagos / Acres Of Land For Sale At Lekki With Good Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.