Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,522 members, 7,819,880 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad (737 Views)

I Want To Japa, But My Friend Who Is Abroad Has Been Discouraging Me / Nigerians Abroad: Discouraging Others At Home Not To Migrate / Canada Desperate To Stop Nigerians From Coming To The Country-SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by mkbessman(m): 5:08am On Aug 19, 2023
This issue has been seriously overemphasized and I don’t know what Nigerians gain to do this. Indians travel and give good information on how they can help their own. They even bring their entire families after some years. An average Nigerian will cross and tell you nonsensical theories and still remain there. Why not come back. I’ve never seen such hypocrisy in my life.
You’d see them on YouTube vlogging and showing the whole world how abroad has changed their lives then the next video is cost of living in that country and the next is why people leave and You still never leave o.

What’s the aim of that post or video? Nigerians why are you like that? God forbid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by Lucasinho(m): 5:12am On Aug 19, 2023
Hmmm

Mazi increase the volume
Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by Kingosytex(m): 5:13am On Aug 19, 2023
mkbessman:
This issue has been seriously overemphasized and I don’t know what Nigerians gain to do this. Indians travel and give good information on how they can help their own. They even bring their entire families after some years. An average Nigerian will cross and tell you nonsensical theories and still remain there. Why not come back. I’ve never seen such hypocrisy in my life.
You’d see them on YouTube vlogging and showing the whole world how abroad has changed their lives then the next video is cost of living in that country and the next is why people leave and You still never leave o.

What’s the aim of that post or video? Nigerians why are you like that? God forbid.

Ma y have this mentality. What they intend to gain is what I can't really understand.
They will travel and be up and doing but will discourage others from taking same steps.

'No come, no come, everywhere hard but you relax there no wan come back for 9ja'😂
If dem tell you say e hard, tell dem to come take your place in 9ja while you go take theirs. 😏
Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by Vietnaminfo(m): 5:45am On Aug 19, 2023
Nobody is discouraging anyone from considering opportunities abroad. Personally, I believe in sharing essential information before making such a move. The doors of foreign embassies are open for all to seek information. It's important to note that discouragement typically happens when someone isn't fully prepared. I once offered advice to a close friend, urging him to take it easy, but he ignored me. He spent 4.5 million on an agent to go abroad and now he's back in Nigeria without the means to start anew.

Having personally visited 13 different countries, I can confirm that success abroad requires both mental and financial preparation. During the initial 6 months of relocation, ensure you have a plan for managing expenses while you seek employment. Tourist visas are often the least suitable for relocating; visas like Student, Work, or Missionary visas solve a significant portion of the challenges. It's crucial to possess marketable skills and be ready to work hard to support yourself financially. Prior research and thorough investigation of your destination are essential.

Avoid choosing a country solely for its reputation or to impress others. After settling, maintain a modest online presence and avoid flaunting your achievements for sustainability. Keep in mind that showcasing wealth could put your family back home at risk of kidnapping. Cultivate a small circle of dependable friends, stay out of trouble, assist your loved ones back home, and save for unforeseen circumstances. Lastly, stay connected to your roots and maintain a spiritual outlook. Best of luck with your journey to relocating abroad.[color=#006600][/color]

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by Pcarpd(m): 7:20am On Aug 19, 2023
Thank you for this info and @vietnaminfo having travelled to 13 different countries which country would you suggest one start with. Thanks
Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by ednut1(m): 10:37am On Aug 19, 2023
If you have made up your mind to japa no one can discourage you. Some of the videos are for content creation purposes ( people make money from it).

Some is to explain the current realities. Your friend went to a country in 2013 for example , immigration rules since then must have changed , converting to legal stay sure cant be as easy as it was then.

Your brother may have enter Italy via Libya years ago but today you will likely get arrested in Libya or abandoned in an italian refugee Camp.

My own is japa if you must. If you dont make research and plan well. Anything your eyes see na you sabi o

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by flokii: 12:46pm On Aug 19, 2023
@OP It's for your own good actually.. if after the warnings, you still decide to leave, then good and fine. Whatever you see there you take.

One thing I know for sure is that if you aren't willing to further your studies and earn a masters degree abroad, you can't get white collar jobs. Even teaching jobs go hard for you to get.
Should we even go the bills and cost of rent?.. Or you think it's Nigeria where people get shortcuts out of ptoblems easily?.
Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by ednut1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 19, 2023
flokii:
@OP It's for your own good actually.. if after the warnings, you still decide to leave, then good and fine. Whatever you see there you take.

One thing I know for sure is that if you aren't willing to further your studies and earn a masters degree abroad, you can't get white collar jobs. Even teaching jobs go hard for you to get.
Should we even go the bills and cost of rent?.. Or you think it's Nigeria where people get shortcuts out of ptoblems easily?.
how are nurses , doctors, hr people, auditors in Uk getting white collar jobs in UK How are Nigerians in Canada with only Nigerians degrees getting good jobs including myself Una go just come here dey talk rubbish. You will not get a white collar job is you entered the country with a wrong visa and have to live illegally meaning you only get to do hustle jobs. Go on LinkedIn , type some of the biggest companies in usa, canada, uk. You will see Nigerians with Lasu or Futo degrees in managerial roles.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by flokii: 12:54pm On Aug 19, 2023
ednut1:
how are nurses , doctors, hr people, auditors in Uk getting white collar jobs in UK How are Nigerians in Canada with only Nigerians degrees getting good jobs including myself Una go just come here dey talk rubbish. You will not get a white collar job is you entered the country with a wrong visa and have to live illegally meaning you only get to do hustle jobs. Go on LinkedIn , type some of the biggest companies in usa, canada, uk. You will see Nigerians with Lasu or Futo degrees in managerial roles.

Yours is Canada.. have you asked those in US?

Morever the fact that maybe 5 out of 20 with Nigerian degrees are getting jobs to do abroad isn't still okay. The average is poor.
Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by ednut1(m): 1:05pm On Aug 19, 2023
flokii:

Yours is Canada.. have you asked those in US?

Morever the fact that maybe 5 out of 20 with Nigerian degrees are getting jobs to do abroad isn't still okay. The average is poor.
most of those that went to USA went with visit/ conference visa or student visa with little means to convert into permanent stay. Before they are able to get papers 3 to 5 years don waka. With all the gaps in their CV why do you think they will easily get white collar jobs You funny sha . The ones wey go study lucrative stuffs like tech or nursing after all the paper wahala are getting jobs. Some are comfortable in blue collar or doing business

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by Originalsly: 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2023
mkbessman:

1. This issue has been seriously overemphasized and I don’t know what Nigerians gain to do this.

2. Indians travel and give good information on how they can help their own. They even bring their entire families after some years.

3. An average Nigerian will cross and tell you nonsensical theories and still remain there. Why not come back.

4. You’d see them on YouTube vlogging and showing the whole world how abroad has changed their lives then the next video is cost of living in that country and the next is why people leave and You still never leave o.

5 What’s the aim of that post or video? Nigerians why are you like that? God forbid.

1. The Nigerians posting such videos have nothing to gain. Those in Nigeria wanting to travel are the ones to gain ... gain knowledge to help them be better prepared for the new life abroad.

2. Nigerians do the same and sensible Nigerians use the information ... travel ... and even bring their families after some years ... just like the Indians. Other Nigerians receive the same information and see it as discouragement. It's a matter of perspective.

3. What are "nonsensical theories" that Nigerians tell that others don't?

4. People post "life changing video's " when they first arrive and the other video's when reality sets in. It's no different than someone leaving their little village for Lagos with high hopes and lofty dreams but when they get there reality hits them hard in the face. Why don't
they return to the village instead of living under bridge? Same reason applies.

5. The aim is to let viewers be aware that life abroad is like a rose bush ... there are the roses ... and that's only what too many people see ... but there are also lots of thorns one has to get by to get to the roses.

If you don't know about a rose tree ... but you want to climb one to gather the roses .... should I warn you about the thorns? ... would that be discouraging you from climbing the tree to get the roses?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by chiiraq802(m): 10:55pm On Aug 19, 2023
Na there selves dem dey discourage no be me.
Re: Nigerians Please Stop Discouraging Others From Coming Abroad by mkbessman(m): 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2023
ednut1:
most of those that went to USA went with visit/ conference visa or student visa with little means to convert into permanent stay. Before they are able to get papers 3 to 5 years don waka. With all the gaps in their CV why do you think they will easily get white collar jobs You funny sha . The ones wey go study lucrative stuffs like tech or nursing after all the paper wahala are getting jobs. Some are comfortable in blue collar or doing business

You have a valid point

(1) (Reply)

This Is Egbeda Ikeja Express Road Lagos State Nigeria / Trvavelling Advice, / Visa From Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.