Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:06 PM

Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault (4829 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Tax In A Big Four Audit Firm Or Investment Banking / Sex Scandal Hits MTN As Female Employees Accuse CSO Adebiyi Of Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by 9jahotblog: 6:43am On Aug 19, 2023
Osun staff audit disrupted as UNIOSUN workers accuse consultant of assault

The staff verification exercise organised by Osun State Government for its employees was yet again disrupted on Friday, as staff members of the Osun State University, who were being verified, accused the Consultant in charge of molestation.

When our correspondent arrived at the venue of the exercise, being held at the Centre for Black Culture and Understanding, Osogbo, the verification had been disrupted, as the staff members at the premises threatened not to continue with the verification.

It was the second disruption that the verification would experience at the same venue, as the exercise was also suspended on the day Judiciary staff were to be verified, following an allegation of verbal abuse against the consultant.

Speaking on behalf of the staff of the university, the Secretary, Academic Staff Union of the University, UNIOSUN chapter, Dr. Damilare Adekomi, accused the Consultant, Sa’adat Bakrin-Ottun, of calling a professor a bastard.

Adekomi also said Bakrin-Ottun, while the exercise lasted tormented and verbally abused staff of the university, lowering their status.

He further said, “Staff members were humiliated, tormented, were verbally abused. That is not supposed to be. Staff members of the Osun State University are human beings and should be accorded that respect.

“How on earth would the consultant address a professor as a bastard? That is the height of it. I can’t even address my student as a bastard. How much more a Profession? Humiliations were meted out on the nonacademic staff of the university this morning. The same persisted till the moment she walked out on us.

“That is not done. The fundamental rights of every individual should be protected. ASUU UNIOSUN will not stand for that. We have respect for our university, and that is why every member is here for the verification exercise. There is a staff member, whose phone was confiscated for hours until an individual had to plead before the phone was released.

“I wouldn’t know why her phone was seized. The security her were using guns to push people. This is not right. She stopped and walked out on us. She drove out of this place.”

But when responding, Bakrin-Ottun, denied the allegations, describing them as mere fabrications.

The consultant who insisted that she was being maligned unjustly, said one of the staff of the university called her a bastard, and rather than react, she entered her vehicle and left the scene.

The said, “To say I am in shock is an understatement over the alleged altercation. I am surprised because these are university staff, since 9 am we were here, it has been one problem or the other. A staff of the university had an issue with a security operative of the Osun Joint Task Force which I mediated. The phone was seized but I handed it over to one of the union members.

“I was walking out with the Deputy VC when they refused to cooperate with the process, these people have not been cooperating with the exercise since morning which really affected us. One of them addressed me as a bastard and I was surprised, I said, you called me a bastard? I turned around and I entered my car. All those allegations are mere fabrications, I was the one that was insulted and also maligned but I don’t have a problem with that.”

After the intervention of the Vice Chancellor, Prof. Clement Adebooye, the exercise later resumed and more staffers were verified.
https://punchng.com/osun-staff-audit-disrupted-as-uniosun-workers-accuse-consultant-of-assault/

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by 9jahotblog: 6:46am On Aug 19, 2023
A government that’s full of nepotism has bound to fail in in governance. Adeleke’s government has failed woefully beyond redemption in governance. The electorates in Osun State will votes out Adeleke in 2026 governorship election. It’s just a matter of time before this people will learn their lessons.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by DenreleDave(m): 6:51am On Aug 19, 2023
Lies...

Auditor don almost catch them, dem turn am to rough

26 Likes

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by Ladycoolbreeze(f): 6:54am On Aug 19, 2023
Wahala. Hope it's not a ploy to hide their ghost workers in the ayatem. Workers can be used by politicians you know

14 Likes

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by seunlayi(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2023
Awọn set Tinubu.... Anything verification will always make some staffs trembled... It makes them remember how they came thru the backdoor into service, the way they attain the current position, etc. Some of them will be hoping right now for something to kick Adeleke away or the committee should cancel its mission.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by iHateFraudsters: 6:56am On Aug 19, 2023
DenreleDave:
Lies...

You know the real deal.

Crooks in the Nigerian educational sector.

5 Likes

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by seunlayi(m): 6:59am On Aug 19, 2023
9jahotblog:
A government that’s full of nepotism has bound to fail in in governance. Adeleke’s government has failed woefully beyond redemption in governance. The electorates in Osun State will votes out Adeleke in 2026 governorship election. It’s just a matter of time before this people will learn their lessons.
oga, read the news before displaying your negativity towards the governor

12 Likes

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by muykem: 6:59am On Aug 19, 2023
But the consultant is right. If you are not a bastard, how will you vote for pure illiterate as governor because of money and expert respect as a professor.
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by vikstandon(m): 7:03am On Aug 19, 2023
The verification or audit is intentional being stalled and frustrated by the Staffers. There is a plot among them... Ghost workers full this school and persons with forged certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by Godswillu(m): 7:04am On Aug 19, 2023
Wow
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by mignone(f): 7:05am On Aug 19, 2023
DenreleDave:
Lies...

Hmmm ... it seems u don't know how ppl misbehave & feel like demi-gods when sent on govt assignment.
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by ivandragon: 7:05am On Aug 19, 2023
The civil service, at federal, state & LG levels, is over-bloated, corruption ridden & poorly managed.

Though there are a number of internal & external factors responsible for this, a key issue governments at all levels need to stamp out is the recruitment of close relatives in the same ministry/office.

It is so ridiculous that sometimes, you find husband, wife, children, in-laws & other close relatives working in the same ministry/office.

Such action makes discipline at work difficult & generally affects performance, productivity & routine operations.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by Parachoko: 7:05am On Aug 19, 2023
I hope these staffs won't cry when their salary is delayed
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by usmolad(m): 7:07am On Aug 19, 2023
9jahotblog:
Wonder shall never end, you Adeleke and PDP lapdog has started crying. Adeleke peoples no longer reason your matter, they already won the elections. So, you didn't envisaged this abi. What did you expect when you voted for a nonentity. I beg, don't complain o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by Nairalander248: 7:08am On Aug 19, 2023
9jahotblog:

https://punchng.com/osun-staff-audit-disrupted-as-uniosun-workers-accuse-consultant-of-assault/

Some University in this country just need to be downgraded, what's this picture?
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by AmotekunSW: 7:09am On Aug 19, 2023
seunlayi:
oga, read the news before displaying your negativity towards the governor

That guy is Johnnyessence.
He has been defending Adeleke even before campaigns.
I just dey laugh am.

Osun people, sorry o

1 Like

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by Hespee93: 7:17am On Aug 19, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Johnnyessence, I burst out laughing when I saw your post. I never thought it would be so soon that johnnyessence AKA press9jatv AKA 9jahotblog would blast Adeleke.

You see, a lot of those who supported Adeleke within Osun are very stupid people. Some of my friends who insulted me when I was warning them against voting that buffon called Adeleke, they are already crying today.

There is a reason why Davido's dad refused giving Demola any of his companies to manage. Instead, he was giving him monthly pocket money. Una go see something under Adeleke.

You people in Osun allowed those Igbos who have destroyed their own land to push you into voting Adeleke. You think they like you? They want your place to be destroyed like theirs.
That's how they pushed Edo people into voting Obaseki. Edo people can't complain openly cos of shame. You should have learnt from that, but foolishness didn't allow you to learn.

You gullible people who elected Adeleke deserve to suffer. Adeleke will get reelected so you can cry for 8 years.

Your own is even better, the kind of insult we received just because we didn't support him, if it is someone else they would have commited sucide.

They even tag us bastards all in the name of being a tive of Ede land.

We know how they run their university with nepotism all these were brought to everybody, but due to their stupidity, they turn a blind eye to it.

This is just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by 9jahotblog: 7:26am On Aug 19, 2023
AmotekunSW:

Johnnyessence, I burst out laughing when I saw your post. I never thought it would be so soon that johnnyessence AKA press9jatv AKA 9jahotblog would blast Adeleke.

You see, a lot of those who supported Adeleke within Osun are very stupid people. Some of my friends who insulted me when I was warning them against voting that buffon called Adeleke, they are already crying today.

There is a reason why Davido's dad refused giving Demola any of his companies to manage. Instead, he was giving him monthly pocket money. Una go see something under Adeleke.

You people in Osun allowed those Igbos who have destroyed their own land to push you into voting Adeleke. You think they like you? They want your place to be destroyed like theirs.
That's how they pushed Edo people into voting Obaseki. Edo people can't complain openly cos of shame. You should have learnt from that, but foolishness didn't allow you to learn.

You gullible people who elected Adeleke deserve to suffer. Adeleke will get reelected so you can cry for 8 years.
see I know my reasons why I heavily supported Adeleke to succeed Oyetola government last year. All my reasons aren’t far fetched. Not only that the senatorial district Adeleke came from is from Osun west Senatorial district where the district has never produce the Governor since 1999, is that not marginalisation of the highest order niii. Always think deeply before you comment please. Oyetola came from Osun central senatorial district where the district has produced the governor for than 11 and half years before Aregbesola from Osun East senatorial district did 8 years in power after he defeated Oyinlola in the court of justice back in November 26,2010. Kindly think well before comments Abeg. There are a lot of points that I will emphasise here why the electorates defend and votes for Adeleke in 2018 and 2022 then. I won’t talk much cos’ you are not from Osun State. Like I said in the past, I will always celebrate truths and fact in governance and not pure nepotism in governance. Imbibing the spirit of nepotism in government will never take us to anywhere except we are deceiving ourselves. I didn’t support nepotism at all. You have known the reality now and stop deceiving yourself on top you are Tinubu and APC diehard supporter. Support APC and Tinubu with fact and truths and not deceive yourself and also remained poorer with Tinubu harsh economy policies that’s destroying Nigeria people and its economy.
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by TrapKVNG(m): 7:26am On Aug 19, 2023
CraXote:
For every accusation, there's an element to truth. Probe properly
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by 9jahotblog: 7:35am On Aug 19, 2023
usmolad:
Wonder shall never end, you Adeleke and PDP lapdog has started crying. Adeleke peoples no longer reason your matter, they already won the elections. So, you didn't envisaged this abi. What did you expect when you voted for a nonentity. I beg, don't complain o.
I don’t cry here please. I’m only stating the obvious truths and facts in which you are not ready to listen to. I said a government that’s full of nepotistic styles in government has bound to fail. I always say things as it’s. When I see good things, you will surely see my post, when I see another things that needs to be condemned, you will see it on nairaland. I don’t celebrate clueless governor in power that’s not doing the needful to the good people he represents in government. Check my page on nairaland very, I post of his works here in which that doesn’t says I shouldn’t condemn the bad ones that he did also. You get that straight now.
Re: Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault by Atheistan: 7:44am On Aug 19, 2023
Catch them

(1) (2) (Reply)

UBA Payment Scale For Entry-Level Jobs? / Can SLT Graduate Chemistry Option Work As Hospital Lab Scientist / How To Work Effectively And Efficiently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.