Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,278 members, 7,826,080 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu (31891 Views)

First Solar Powered Car Charging Station Is Up In Sokoto / Anthony Obinna Okafor Who Built Solar-powered Tricycle In 21 Days / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by naptu2: 10:30am On Aug 19, 2023
Remember Mustapha Gajibo, the guy that runs commercial electric vehicle service in Maiduguri?

Qore by Sterling Bank + Phoenix Renewables by Mustapha Gajibo.

Mustapha Gajibo started out by installing electric motors on minibuses (korope) and thereby converting them to electric vehicles. He has a large solar panel farm that powers his charging stations. He rents out buses to drivers in Maiduguri and they run commercial bus services in the city. Drivers and passengers prefer the electric buses because they are cheaper, quieter and as one passenger said, the drivers don't waste their time by queuing at petrol stations.

He also revealed (in a Deutchewelle interview some years ago) that he is building his own electric vehicle, the Kaande. He has now completed a few units of the Kaande.

Sterling Bank hired Mustapha Gajibo to build a solar-powered charging station on Victoria Island. They have now helped him to bring some units of the Kaande to Lagos.

Watch the video.

https://twitter.com/mustapha_gajibo/status/1676247735261863937

Qore by Sterling Bank is also considering bringing in foreign made electric vehicles and assembling them in Nigeria. They are also building battery swapping stations and helping people convert their old petrol powered vehicles to electric vehicles.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by CodeTemplar: 10:30am On Aug 19, 2023
Sensible thing to do. Imagine the so called palliative in states Lagos, Abuja, PH, Warri, Benin, Kano, Maiduguri, Onitsha, Ibadan, Kaduna, Zaria etc constructing just 20 - 30 MW of solar charging spots to charge keke and shuttle batteries.
That's better than audio palliatives or trains to Niger.
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Angelfrost(m): 10:30am On Aug 19, 2023
Little by little, electric cars are becoming a thing...!

The world is shifting from fuel-based engine systems.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by naptu2: 10:31am On Aug 19, 2023
This is not Sterling Bank's first foray into the renewable energy area. They completely covered their headquarters with solar panels a few years ago.

naptu2:
Oh yeah! That post about the diagram is linked (by a building) to another pending post.

There are always alternatives, choices and options in everything and the government needs to allow Nigerians to have choices, alternatives and options in everything. Free and fair competition usually drives down prices.

Remember that there was a time that regular crude oil was cheap, then it became expensive and the fact that it was expensive made mining of shale oil profitable and then the Saudis had to over supply the market in order to wipe out the shale producers. (Just think of what Globacom did in 2003).

There are also many alternatives in the electricity sector. We can create a 4th tier in the electricity market (retailing) that will encourage competition (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electricity_retailing). We can encourage generation companies to conduct RD into other sources of electricity (yeah, I know that we have an advantage in gas, but there's no harm in trying to improve what we have). We can. . .no, we need to further explore the willing buyer, willing seller option (eg Magodo GRA) as a means of raising funds. And we can also explore off grid options, like the one below.

********************************************************************************************************************

Now, my second pending posts is about how Lagos has changed.

If someone had come to you in 1983 and told you that Gerard Road in Ikoyi would be a dual carriageway that was plagued with high volume of traffic in the mornings and evenings, you would have said that the person was mad, but that's the situation right now.

I can no longer recognise any of the places on Alexander Avenue and Gerard Road that I used to go to everyday between 1983 and 1985. It's like the present Gerard Road came from another planet.

I knew Ikoyi like the back of my hand in the 1980s, but now almost everything is different.

I remember when we were driving down that Bourdillon-Alexander-Gerard stretch in 2010 and we almost got lost! Everything is different

I haven't really been to Yaba in a while, but something tells me that Yaba is about to be the same. I'm not even going to risk driving in that area. I'm sure that I won't know where to go because of the new rules, flyovers and diversions (because of the rail projects).

And this. This phenomenon is also gradually affecting Marina. They basically remodelled Kontagora House (I spent long periods of the 1980s monitoring the construction of that building) but I can barely recognise it now.

I also watched as NAL Merchant Bank's headquarters was being built at Marina in the 1980s. I know exactly how that building looked, but it's totally different now. They have covered the entire building with solar panels. They are going off grid and they are going to generate their own electricity from the sun.

Pictures 1 and 2) This is what the building previously looked like (it had big blue letters that spelled NAL in the 1980s).

Picture 3) The old look and the new look.

Picture 4) It's now covered with solar panels.

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by RevenuesBoost(f): 10:33am On Aug 19, 2023
Great!
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Hamxas: 10:33am On Aug 19, 2023
Where d light to charge am
Even those agbado munchers cant boast of 6hours electricity.
Rubbish and ingredients
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Buharidgeneral: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2023
Where's the vehicle 🚑
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by enemyofprogress: 10:34am On Aug 19, 2023
The thing wey omo ibo go soon vandalize

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Obakoolex(m): 10:34am On Aug 19, 2023
Brendaniel:

I just hope you are not hoping on Tinubu?

Because Tinubu, corruption and bad leaders are in the same whatsapp group
Is wailing your day to day activity for goodness sake

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Mayeldah(m): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2023
Abeg, where I fit buy tokunbo electric vehicle for Nigeria?

fueling at N600 per liter is killing...

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by harsysky(m): 10:35am On Aug 19, 2023
[i][/i]
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by naptu2: 10:36am On Aug 19, 2023
William with an S @Lupin_333

The first commercial charging station for electric vehicles in Nigeria. Yes, my team did that!

The first of many to come. Qore!

https://twitter.com/Lupin_333/status/1672916800290340864

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by naptu2: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2023
William with an S @Lupin_333

Months of planning and building. This is just step 1.

#ElectricVehicles #chargestation

https://twitter.com/Lupin_333/status/1672560664529731590

2 Likes

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by circlesdigital: 10:37am On Aug 19, 2023
Bo se nse
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by naptu2: 10:38am On Aug 19, 2023
End.

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Chibuzoripob: 10:41am On Aug 19, 2023
cool Up EMILOKAN grin cool

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by matm: 10:42am On Aug 19, 2023
Don't be surprised dt the cost of charging the car will be 80% higher than d cost of fuel .Our people are very greedy.

1 Like

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by MrsTwrite(f): 10:45am On Aug 19, 2023
Nice
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Brendaniel: 10:45am On Aug 19, 2023
Obakoolex:

Is wailing your day to day activity for goodness sake

Is lying and defending evil your day to day activities for goodness sake?
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Bluntemperor: 10:45am On Aug 19, 2023
Brendaniel:

I just hope you are not hoping on Tinubu?

Because Tinubu, corruption and bad leaders are in the same whatsapp group

If you continue to remember the negatives, you may just be in one Bus- stop for the rest of your life.
Live your life outside Tinubu!
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Brendaniel: 11:01am On Aug 19, 2023
Bluntemperor:

If you continue to remember the negatives, you may just be in one Bus- stop for the rest of your life.
Live your life outside Tinubu!

Oga, Tinubu chose to be my president and for that I havd every rights to talk anyhow about him, if he does not like it he should resign, I never asked him to be my president, why should he force himself to be my president?

he forced himself in matters that concern me and you want me to ignore him, who does that?

Oga if you don't something good to tell me please don't mention me again....
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by flyinnizam(m): 11:09am On Aug 19, 2023
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Alliswell248: 11:18am On Aug 19, 2023
The bad news lovers won't be here.

Emergency lovers of Nigeria won't to rule the zoo by force.

Nothing for them.
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Alliswell248: 11:20am On Aug 19, 2023
Brendaniel:

Oga, Tinubu chose to be my president and for that I havd every rights to talk anyhow about him, if he does not like it he should resign, I never asked him to be my president, why should he force himself to be my president?

he forced himself in matters that concern me and you want me to ignore him, who does that?

Oga if you don't something good to tell me please don't mention me again....

8.7 millions Nigerians believed and voted for him.
He did it in Lagos and he can do it in Nigeria.
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by turbotech11: 11:23am On Aug 19, 2023
Please how many people can afford to buy & drive electric cars?How many electric cars are there in Enugu state? If electric cars can become affordable for the average Nigerian,then this is a welcome development but as you can see,it is not the case. With the current state of things,this is just misplaced priorities.
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Alliswell248: 11:24am On Aug 19, 2023
Hamxas:
Where d light to charge am
Even those agbado munchers cant boast of 6hours electricity.
Rubbish and ingredients

U are too dull.
We are talking of solar ...you are asking of the light to charge am.

Solar is Sun....
Go school, you said no that ..na ugm u wan join.
See your life.
Ipob miscreants
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by dannyspeejay(m): 11:26am On Aug 19, 2023
i hope it's INNOSON or i no enta grin grin cheesy

Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by MightySparrow: 11:36am On Aug 19, 2023
yinkus6750:
Way to go.
We must develop by force.
We have several alternatives to power .
Solar( good African weather), gas , improve our electricity generation capacity.
With the right leadership, things will definitely turn around
Corruption and bad leaders got us to this point.

Sign of good leadership.
One more step, encourage home built solar panels, inverters and batteries.
Where are Berec battery and Exide battery companies.

Nigerians are like a pregnant woman that wants delivery without pain. It doesn't happen.

The way to go is through pain for a while and a reset mind and hard work.
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by Brendaniel: 11:37am On Aug 19, 2023
Alliswell248:

8.7 millions Nigerians believed and voted for him.
He did it in Lagos and he can do it in Nigeria.

He didn't do anything in Lagos, he slowed the development of Lagos, look at his performance already as president....
Re: FG Inaugurates Solar-Powered Electric Vehicle Charging Station In Enugu by gaby(m): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2023
yinkus6750:
Way to go.
We must develop by force.
We have several alternatives to power .
Solar( good African weather), gas , improve our electricity generation capacity.
With the right leadership, things will definitely turn around
Corruption and bad leaders got us to this point.

If this is your definition of development. Just take your time to imagine every country in the world "Developing by force" according to you.

Now, tell me what else your country will export and to who to earn FX.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The New 2019 Mercedes Benz Cls-class Is Very Impressive And Classy. (photos) / How To Drive The 2019 G-wagon SUV Through The Mud Explained By Mercedes / Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.