Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? (788 Views)

El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo / We’ll Teach Umahi A Lesson – PDP / Is Dave Umahi Most Hardworking Governor In Nigeria See Pictures ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2023

We take a look at the achievements of the Dave Umahi administration in 3 main areas of development which are:

1. Education

2. Standard of living

3. Economy...

Performance score and other details @ https://easternconsigliereblog.com/was-dave-umahi-a-good-governor/

Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtYcB5krUbc
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by MarksDan: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2023
Oga you people should stop overrating Nigerian politicians
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 3:52pm On Aug 19, 2023
MarksDan:

Overrate?
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 3:59pm On Aug 19, 2023
Razgas, Mrvitalis, Unbiased1, Khyrvxjzy, Akungitit, Maticar, Mrblessed, Colestephan86, Jackcanfield, Frankdon, Colonelwealth, Allcomage, Morbeta11, Tundein18, Gerogel, Plaindealer, Mdimefields, BeLookingIDIOT, TemplarLandry, Jacobx007, Cazchi, Okwyjesus, Lotanna2, Hansomb, BiafraInc, MrColdsweat, tunjijones, gidgiddy, YouAreFinished, totit, spearman, Olabestonic001, ExplorerReturns, Gidgiddy, Jealouscobra, curious345, Armaggedon, Physicsgodbeast, optionalY09, wahahlawahala, JOemmy, criuze, Adaisback
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by okosodo: 4:24pm On Aug 19, 2023
Umahi is an overhyped shiit
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by nepapole(m): 4:28pm On Aug 19, 2023
Every Nigerian politician is overrated and has nothing to offer.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by obi4eze(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2023
No he wasn't.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2023
okosodo:
Umahi is an overhyped shiit

He is overrated.

1 Like

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2023
nepapole:
Every Nigerian politician is overrated and has nothing to offer.

There are a few commendable ones.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by mrvitalis(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2023
In terms of Infrastructure no governor in the history of Nigeria has done what Umiah did... Absolutely nobody, no body comes close

Revenue/Performance? Umiah is on a league of his own abeg

2 Likes

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by Isokotolopia: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2023
mrvitalis:
In terms of Infrastructure no governor in the history of Nigeria has done what Umiah did... Absolutely nobody, no body comes close

Nonsense hype
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by mrvitalis(m): 4:43pm On Aug 19, 2023
Isokotolopia:
Nonsense hype
Name one name better than him I dare u
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by MTNnews: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2023
Compare to Peter Obi Dave Umahi deserve to be worshipped after all he was not caught looting left n right into his daughter Pandora account like Peter obi.

MarksDan:

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 19, 2023
I can't judge him without data, since I don't live in Ebonyi and that is Mazi Simon's state , but as an Engineer I know he usually supervise construction work himself.. Iike I said I don't know much, but I remember he built an Airport without making too much noise other than to name it before our Oga in Daura ... But as an Engineer is current Ministerial appointment is in order, a square peg in a square hole ... But residents of Ebonyi are in the best position to grade him ...
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

He upgraded the capital and worked on their roads. That's as much as was done.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
jackcanfield:
I can't judge him without data, since I don't live in Ebonyi and that is Mazi Simon's state , but as an Engineer I know he usually supervise construction work himself.. Iike I said I don't know much, but I remember he built an Airport without making too much noise other than to name it before our Oga in Daura ... But as an Engineer is current Ministerial appointment is in order, a square peg in a square hole ... But residents of Ebonyi are in the best position to grade him ...

Ebonyi Roads and upgrade of Abakaliki. Then a medical college and 3 rice mills. Zero impact in education or economy. A white elephant airport project that is now a car park. Score that over 8 years.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by mrvitalis(m): 5:14pm On Aug 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

He upgraded the capital and worked on their roads. That's as much as was done.
There is no part of ebonyi that wasn't touched

Ebonyi has 3 cities all benefited from his infrastructural miracle sir

I repeat in terms of infrastructure no governor comes close to Umiah
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 5:20pm On Aug 19, 2023
mrvitalis:

There is no part of ebonyi that wasn't touched

Ebonyi has 3 cities all benefited from his infrastructural miracle sir

I repeat in terms of infrastructure no governor comes close to Umiah

What 3 cities? And what infrastructural miracles?
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

Roads and upgrade of Abakaliki. Then a medical college and 3 rice mills. Zero impact in education or economy. A white elephant airport project that is now a car park. Score that over 8 years.

Okay let start with the elephant project called the Airport, I initially heard no commercial airline was plying the route but was surprised to see Nigeria Russia celebrity flying directly there ... The Airport is there, people don't fly to where there is no activity but not withstanding Rome is not built in a day, at least you have that out of the state needs .

Zero impact on education, it won't be nice to assume and judge base on what you said because I don't remember Ebonyi name coming up when it comes to abysmal performance in exams as for the economy the government can only provide infrastructure, so if everyone is in Lagos you can't blame him much .

Rice Mill , I am sure you use to hear of Abakaliki rice from time immemorial, so I don't think it's out of place to have a Rice Mill.

Medical College well you build what is needed sometimes, you don't like the Airport it is understandable, when Sheraton in Abuja was built na so tey bush surround am , but that is not the same today.

Road Upgrade that was his area of strength.

Now this does not make me his spokesman, of course they are other more pressing areas that the state needs to upgrade upon but that is for the people of Ebonyi to decide .. despite all I said permit me to be neutral in grading him as his result sheet rest with Ebonyians not me.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2023
jackcanfield:

Okay let start with the elephant project called the Airport, I initially heard no commercial airline was plying the route but was surprised to see Nigeria Russia celebrity flying directly there ... The Airport is there, people don't fly to where there is no activity but not withstanding Rome is not built in a day, at least you have that out of the state needs .

Zero impact on education, it won't be nice to assume and judge base on what you said because I don't remember Ebonyi name coming up when it comes to abysmal performance in exams as for the economy the government can only provide infrastructure, so if everyone is in Lagos you can't blame him much .

Rice Mill , I am sure you use to hear of Abakaliki rice from time immemorial, so I don't think it's out of place to have a Rice Mill.

Medical College well you build what is needed sometimes, you don't like the Airport it is understandable, when Sheraton in Abuja was built na so tey bush surround am , but that is not the same today.

Road Upgrade that was his area of strength.

Now this does not make me his spokesman, of course they are other more pressing areas that the state needs to upgrade upon but that is for the people of Ebonyi to decide .. despite all I said permit me to be neutral in grading him as his result sheet rest with Ebonyians not me.

The bolded concludes your response well.

The medical college, 3 rice mills, roads and infrastructural development in Abakaliki were the areas of performance. Other more urgent needs were unattended.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by Adaisback(f): 11:41am On Aug 20, 2023
Forget about politics for once. I don't care whose ox is gored, I will always stand by the truth.

Dave Umahi was the best gov during his time.

he only gov brave enough to empower ebubeagu security outfit to counter the terrorist group ESN.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I travelled to Abakiliki and saw transformation, well paved and tiled road. Abakiliki come be like Obodo oyibo.
Chai! Dave you are a real man not all these achikota ekwe onu juru politics these days.

2 Likes

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by mdimefields: 11:57am On Aug 20, 2023
Dave is did well in infrastructure with little resources. My only grouse with him is his style of politics. Dave Umahi is a direct replica of Wike of Rivers State, albeit the quiet type. Wike is loud and aggressive, Dave is silent but still aggressive. They don't tolerate opposition, that makes him no different from the usual Nigerian politicians. Thy are all the same.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 2:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
mdimefields:
Dave is did well in infrastructure with little resources. My only grouse with him is his style of politics. Dave Umahi is a direct replica of Wike of Rivers State, albeit the quiet type. Wike is loud and aggressive, Dave is silent but still aggressive. They don't tolerate opposition, that makes him no different from the usual Nigerian politicians. Thy are all the same.

Yes. That aspect was deliberately left out.
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 2:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
Adaisback:
Forget about politics for once. I don't care whose ox is gored, I will always stand by the truth.

Dave Umahi was the best gov during his time.

he only gov brave enough to empower ebubeagu security outfit to counter the terrorist group ESN.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I travelled to Abakiliki and saw transformation, well paved and tiled road. Abakiliki come be like Obodo oyibo.
Chai! Dave you are a real man not all these achikota ekwe onu juru politics these days.

Ebubeagu are the actual terrorists and the courts have banned their operations
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by Isobug: 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
Very over rated dude. In his first tenure, no worker knew exactly what amount his or her salary was, anything you see you collect.
Based his governance on grooming foot soldiers for elections. Welfare zero. Did well on infrastructure especially at Abakaliki, with borrowed money

1 Like

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2023
Isobug:
Very over rated dude. In his first tenure, no worker knew exactly what amount his or her salary was, anything you see you collect.
Based his governance on grooming foot soldiers for elections. Welfare zero. Did well on infrastructure especially at Abakaliki, with borrowed money

The reality
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by MTNnews: 9:29am On Aug 21, 2023
Just look at this foolish soul
So list 3 best governor from 1999 that are beta Governor than Dave Umahi let the world attest to how you were born foolish n will certainly perish foolish too.

obi4eze:
No he wasn't.

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by oilngas7818: 9:30am On Aug 21, 2023
Yes he was

Are you interested in the LPG gas business? Then you can get your fully installed refill ready skid gas plant at a very affordable price. Contact me
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by Khyrvxjzy: 1:36pm On Aug 23, 2023
AfricanColumbus:

yes. he still need to work on economy

1 Like

Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by GeneralPula: 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
Yes..
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

yes. he still need to work on economy

Right
Re: Was Dave Umahi A Good Governor? by AfricanColumbus: 3:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
GeneralPula:
Yes..

With the load of important work left undone?

(1) (Reply)

THE AFRICA REPORT: Nigeria "Not Giant Enough" To Join BRICS (PICS) / Seven Key Promises: Nigerians Laud Interior Minister Olubunmi Tunji-ojo / APC National Chairman, Sen President & Others Welcomes Sen Ifeanyi Ubah To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.