Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo (23373 Views)

Saheed Osupa Publicly Apologises To Makinde / Segun Showunmi Reacts To Makinde's Intention To Run For A Second Term / Seyi Makinde: You Cannot Use Religious Sentiments to Divide Oyo Residents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by dre11(m): 8:10pm On Nov 26, 2022
El-Rufai to Makinde: You’ve been a good governor… it’d be tough for APC to defeat you

Nasir el-Rufai, governor of Kaduna state, says it would be difficult for the All Progressives Congress (APC) to defeat Seyi Makinde, his Oyo state counterpart, in 2023.

El-Rufai spoke on Friday at the commemoration and send-off ceremony organised for Nteranya Sanginga, the outgoing director-general of the International Institute for Tropical Agriculture (IITA), held at the IITA Conference Centre, Ibadan.

The Kaduna governor said the APC will try its best to unseat his Oyo counterpart but it would be tough because Makinde has governed well.

Both governors recounted how they had an argument during a sitting of the National Executive Council (NEC) on whether to lock down states in the heat of the COVID-19 outbreak in 2019, but resolved to do what they felt was best for their respective states.

After that debate, I went back to my state and I locked it down. Seyi went back to his state and did what he called a partial lockdown, but he locked himself down because he got COVID,” el-Rufai said.

“The beauty of Nigeria is its diversity. In my state, I did what I felt was the right thing and he did what was best for his state.

We’ll do our best to defeat you. But I know it will be tough because you’ve been a good governor.”

The governor lauded Sanginga for the courage and hard work he put into transforming IITA.

“As Nigerians, we’re very grateful to you for what you have done here because each and every state in Nigeria is a beneficiary of the groundbreaking research that you have done,” he said.

“Both of you (Sanginga and Akinwumi Adesina of AfDB) are breaking ground along with others and you give our children hope that Africa can be anything it wants to be if it works hard.”

Also speaking, Makinde said it was exciting to have worked with IITA on several projects in line with his administration’s vision to expand the state’s economy through agribusiness and to encourage youths to exploit the opportunities in the sector.

“There are so many lessons to learn from this great man because of his brilliance, passion and leadership style. We have worked together on several projects and I have no fears or worries about letting IITA lead projects such as the STEP,” Makinde said.

“He asked me to come down to Fasola and I saw the pictures of ‘before and after’ and the students fried chin-chin, baked cake, which got me thinking that I used to have the same opportunity at Bishop Philips Academy but we lost it along the line.

“So, I asked him to extend the programme to all the senatorial districts in the state and we picked one school per senatorial district; and now, the programme has spread to 13 schools in Oyo state.

“This is the electioneering period, and I want to use this opportunity to tell the people of Oyo state that if I am given another opportunity to serve, we will take the Start Them Early Programme to more schools in the state.”

The event also witnessed the launching of Sanginga’s autobiography, ‘Leadership in African Agriculture’.

Other dignitaries present at the event include Akinwumi Adesina, president of the African Development Bank (AfDB); Rashidi Ladoja, former governor of Oyo state, and representatives of ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo and Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni of Ife.

https://www.thecable.ng/el-rufai-to-makinde-youve-been-a-good-governor-itd-be-tough-for-apc-to-defeat-you/amp

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Moh247: 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
cool

Nobody is voting Teslim APC in Oyo State, na Seyi 4 years, then Penkelemes 8 years

Oyo State is not like some states that keep voting idiots since 1999 and telling Nigerians to vote wisely

How I am voting in 2023 insha Allah
*Hon Akin Alabi Ona Ara Federal Constituency
*Senatorial district undecided (hopefully APC)
*Gubernatorial candidate Seyi Makinde PDP
*Presidential Bola Ahmed Tinubu APC

Each an everyone on my list have an American Degree, a National Business outside Politics and are very good administrators

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:14pm On Nov 26, 2022
El-rufai, who ask you

Abeg go and focus on your state!

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by alanto: 8:41pm On Nov 26, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Nobody is voting Teslim APC in Oyo State, na Seyi 4 years, then Penkelemes 8 years

Oyo State is not like some states that keep voting idiots since 1999 and telling Nigerians to vote wisely

Each an everyone on my list have an American Degree, a National Business outside Politics and are very good administrators

I love the way politians are coming out to recognize real. Sanwo Olu of APC have received endorsement from Wike of PDP, now Makinde of PDP is receiving endorsement from El Rufai of APC...
SW is beginning to get it right... Na only that Adeleke of Osun I never understand but time will tell...

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by decatalyst(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2022
PDP or Accord can't smell of the sit of power of Oyo state.

Ajimobi already used his mouth and vengeful disposition to scatter APC in Oyo state.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Moh247: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2022
alanto:

I love the way politians are coming out to recognize real. Sanwo Olu of APC have received endorsement from Wike of PDP, now Makinde of PDP is receiving endorsement from El Rufai of APC...
SW is beginning to get it right... Na only that Adeleke of Osun I never understand but time will tell...

I just pray Dr Deji Adeleke, Davido's father coordinate Osun governance like a cabal, because I am skeptical of his brother Ademola Adeleke to Govern a Complex Osun

But I am still hopeful

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by ALTERNATEID: 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Oyo state governorship election will be very tough. I don’t like Teslim Folarin but he’s a very competent grassroots politician and mobilizer. Makinde had it easy over Adelabu in 2019 because of the coalition of political heavyweights that supported him, and the inexperience of Penkele. Now, the coalition is no longer there and Teslim is not the inexperienced and unpopular Adelabu.

The Tinubu factor is also on Teslim’s side and that is why Makinde cannot even come out to campaign against Tinubu. Overall, I’m not opposed to Makinde winning a second term and I’m also open to a Teslim administration. I wish both of them the best of luck.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by slivertongue: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2022
APC know they are not good for Nigeria but are trying their luck to see if their scam can work again. Like seyi, NIGERIA needs fresh air away from APC.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by EricSamuel712(m): 8:34am On Nov 27, 2022
Earn daily on sport betting with world cup games

The odds is just 2 odds, winning is certain and guarantee 100%

Call or WhatsApp me #234=906**338*1830
Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Boyooosa(m): 8:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Noted
Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Starships4u(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2022
Thank God they know.....

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Sultty(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2022
the devil himself have spoken grin

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by wolesmile(m): 8:36am On Nov 27, 2022
All na game. They either want him to loose guard as a result of overconfidence, or to work indirectly for BAT in Oyo state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Ofunaofu: 8:36am On Nov 27, 2022
Moh247:
cool

grin
Yeah! An American degree from Chicago State University where he is reputed to be a drug cartel kingpin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Spray(m): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You don't have choice bro.. even if you vote an APC candidate for gubernatorial, he won't win. So you are left with no choice

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 27, 2022
Lol
Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Pwettylinda(f): 8:37am On Nov 27, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You are the biggest fool for saying you will vite for Thiefnubuu you are one of the problem of Nigeria

Thiefnubuu is incoherent, demented and too old
.a man that hallucinates and talks to himself most times
A man who can not stand by himself for 5 minutes

You are a fool big one

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Moh247: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2022

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by AfonjaEmir: 8:38am On Nov 27, 2022
El- Rufai, has CODEDLY passed a message. grin grin grin grin

Agbado miscreants , understand, but because of zombie foolishness, they still believe that APV BLUEBA, BULABA, BULLADU will win election.

Anyway, Irabiji Town union needs a President General.

5 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by jyz200(m): 8:39am On Nov 27, 2022
Good
Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Richardonald(m): 8:42am On Nov 27, 2022
Urchins are always clueless, they have forgotten that El rufai is doing what wike is also doing, but in a coded way. How can you been endorsing another party candidate, when you didn't have idea how your party candidate may perform.. he may even perform better than seyigrin

And urchins are jubilating

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by moscow007: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2022
It will be difficult for the drug Lord to win anywhere in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Moh247: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2022
Pwettylinda:

You are the biggest fool for saying you will vite for Thiefnubuu you are one of the problem of Nigeria

Thiefnubuu is incoherent, demented and too old
.a man that hallucinates and talks to himself most times
A man who can not stand by himself for 5 minutes

You are a fool big one

Rule 2 mynd44 Seun Nlfpmod dominique

It's a happy Sunday

No time for Nsogbu Nsogbo bitter Politics

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Thinktwicemybro: 8:45am On Nov 27, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You want to vote a sick old man as president. Rise above ethnicity and "my my person" mentality and do the right thing. Can't you see how buhari failed because of age and ethnicity?

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Moh247: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:

You want to vote a sick old man as president. Rise above ethnicity and "my my person" mentality and do the right thing. Can't you see how buhari failed because of age and ethnicity?

If Buhari's Infrastructural revolution is what you call a failure then who passed? PDP or APGA under Obi in Anambra?!

And if you have any irrefutable evidence that Tinibu is sick then let us know

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Theunbothered: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2022
Makinde should be very careful around this man.

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Rapuru14: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Iti who cares how you wish to vote
Re: El-Rufai To Makinde: You Are A Good Governor. It’d Be Tough For APC To Defeat Yo by Theunbothered: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2022
Moh247:

If Buhari's Infrastructural revolution is what you call a failure then who passed? PDP or APGA under Obi in Anambra?!

And if you have any irrefutable evidence that Tinibu is sick then let us know

Does a healthy person spend one month recovering in London?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Slashes Number Of TV Stations Covering Plenaries / NASS Invasion: Police IG Seeks Osinbajo's Nod To Search Lawal Daura's House.. / FG May Adopt Selective Minimum Wage Increase – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.