Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,608 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport (34864 Views)

Victor Osuagwu Honoured As Nollywood Comic Actor Of The Year At FENI In Abuja / Comic Actor Mr. Ibu Shows Off Massive Weight Loss In New Photos / Baba Suwe Excretes 16 Pellets Of Cocaine, Cries Like Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by seedord247(m): 8:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
Good one from Baba Suwe
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by k10: 8:45pm On Oct 14, 2011
Baba Suwe mistakenly swallowed prop cocaine, says lawyer
14 Oct 2011

“Far be it for him to be a cocaine pusher at his age and with his status as a Nollywood star” - lawyer.  

Lagos - Baba Suwe, the popular Nollywood actor arrested on suspicion of smuggling narcotics, innocently swallowed prop cocaine on the set of a new movie, says his lawyer.

“Far be it for him to be a cocaine pusher at his age and with his status as a Nollywood star,” the said lawyer.

According to him, his client, being a method actor, asked the director of the film he's starring in, to put ordinary face powder into condoms for him to swallow as part of the movie plot.

But by some inexplicable mix-up that can only be the work of the actor's enemies, claims the lawyer, real cocaine ended up in the condoms instead of harmless powder.

The actor, said the lawyer, would never have knowingly swallowed real cocaine concealed in condoms and then proceed to attempt boarding an international flight.

As of the time of filing this report, officers of the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, were still force feeding the actor 'agbo jedi-jedi,'  a traditional local laxative, in an effort to encourage bowel movement.

- Bose the Nollywood Insider
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by asha80(m): 9:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
k10:

14 Oct 2011

“Far be it for him to be a cocaine pusher at his age and with his status as a Nollywood star” - lawyer.  

Lagos - Baba Suwe, the popular Nollywood actor arrested on suspicion of smuggling narcotics, innocently swallowed prop cocaine on the set of a new movie, says his lawyer.

“Far be it for him to be a cocaine pusher at his age and with his status as a Nollywood star,” the said lawyer.

According to him, his client, being a method actor, asked the director of the film he's starring in, to put ordinary face powder into condoms for him to swallow as part of the movie plot.

But by some inexplicable mix-up that can only be the work of the actor's enemies, claims the lawyer, real cocaine ended up in the condoms instead of harmless powder.

The actor, said the lawyer, would never have knowingly swallowed real cocaine concealed in condoms and then proceed to attempt boarding an international flight.

As of the time of filing this report, officers of the Nigerian Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, were still force feeding the actor 'agbo jedi-jedi,'  a traditional local laxative, in an effort to encourage bowel movement.

- Bose the Nollywood Insider

this is a joke right?
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by kola001: 9:06pm On Oct 14, 2011
Baba suwe is free from NDLEA custody. I am so happy for the man and I hope he sue them for blackmailing. Gbogbo aye k'ori be oh!
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by bisiaet: 9:26pm On Oct 14, 2011
The stench of tribalism is so strong in Nigeria. Infact educated folks are by far the most infected buffoons spreading this illiterate agenda.

Thanks so much you have just spoken well please tell them.

The issue here is about an actor who was caught or suspected of carrying hard drugs I was so ashamed to see my fellow NL digressed the thread to become a full blown tribalist affair and started name callings it is a big shame I dont know whu some people refused to grow and see life in more different way.

I would say this over again that when I went the whole response on this thread it was my fellow Igbo man who started this tribalism attacking mess on the particular thread but please biko brothers why and why do we love sentiments? Why and why we love tribalism and hate? Why and why do we love name calling and insulting people? Please why.

Please guys drug traficking stuffs in Nigeria its both tribe that are guilty of it, if it is not Igbo person today it would be a Yoruba person so what is the big deal Why is Baba suwe case now a Yoruba thing? Please lets stay out of all these rubbish, mentally derail issue that will help no one, I know my fellow Igbo would jump on me as per this post but I dont care the truth is where I stand I dont see myself as only Igbo guy but a "Nigeria" who love every good minded Nigeria and not any silly tribalist.

I hate tribalism with passion because it add no value to life rather it gives sadness without a cause because a hater never see happiness they are always sad and sadness kill so fast, I love life, I love humanity, I love my fellow  Nigerians who stand for the love and truth but if any one prefer to die a death of hate and disgusting tribalism good for him or her and shame on him or her. I'm just sick of all these nonsense tribal rants. Just my own view. God bless.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by asha80(m): 9:40pm On Oct 14, 2011
bisiaet:

Thanks so much you have just spoken well please tell them.

The issue here is about an actor who was caught or suspected of carrying hard drugs I was so ashamed to see my fellow NL digressed the thread to become a full blown tribalist affair and started name callings it is a big shame I dont know whu some people refused to grow and see life in more different way.

I would say this over again that when I went the whole response on this thread it was my fellow Igbo man who started this tribalism attacking mess on the particular thread but please biko brothers why and why do we love sentiments? Why and why we love tribalism and hate? Why and why do we love name calling and insulting people? Please why.

Please guys drug traficking stuffs in Nigeria its both tribe that are guilty of it, if it is not Igbo person today it would be a Yoruba person so what is the big deal Why is Baba suwe case now a Yoruba thing? Please lets stay out of all these rubbish, mentally derail issue that will help no one, I know my fellow Igbo would jump on me as per this post but I dont care the truth is where I stand I dont see myself as only Igbo guy but a "Nigeria" who love every good minded Nigeria and not any silly tribalist.

I hate tribalism with passion because it add no value to life rather it gives sadness without a cause because a hater never see happiness they are always sad and sadness kill so fast, I love life, I love humanity, I love my fellow  Nigerians who stand for the love and truth but if any one prefer to die a death of hate and disgusting tribalism good for him or her and shame on him or her. I'm just sick of all these nonsense tribal rants. Just my own view. God bless.

maybe when the other sides start their rants i hope you will here to caution them too as you usually seem to keep quiet when the westerners do their own
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by begwong: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2011
heard baba suwe shiit.16 wraps of cocaine for NDLEA toilet. grin
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by aloyemeka1: 9:44pm On Oct 14, 2011
kola001:

Igbo's people have the high rank all over the world and they have donated the whole of South Africa selling drugs on the street of Jozi - (Hillbrow precisely), Kempton Park, Pretoria and rest of the country. Please don't let us criticise coz everybody what to be someone in Nigeria. ENI T'ILE BAMOBA NI BARAWO. And what your so called leaders/rulers are doing is too bad than drugs trafficking. I pray God in his[b] infinity mercy[/b] to abide with baba suwe and forgive him for his deeds.

I rest my case.

Omomorme Noni

Roflmao  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by asha80(m): 10:01pm On Oct 14, 2011
i just heard in stv news that he has just excreted 60 wraps of cocaine today
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Dgunnerz(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
Me self just heard from DBN that he has now excreted 70 wraps!
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Miracleojo(m): 10:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
I have gone through the replies.but it is highly pathetic that instead of the so-called nigeria youth to condemn the art they ended up being cynic,egocentric,tribalistic.what a shame.why cal our selves nigeria.if poverty has eaten dip into our fabric must it also bore our sense of thinking we end up giving apocryphal and tribalistic sentiments.the igbos throwing insults at their fellow nigerians the yoruba.the yoruba pouring invectives on igbos.can we say its a fight of superiority.what a shame on all those tribalistic worms.am a yoruba person my best friends are igbos and girl friend that is an igbo.they are wonderful people.the purpose of my post is for us to come together as one and an entity and be altruistic in our bid for a stronger nation.please igbos and yorubas ,hausas,kanuri,the ijaws,the urhobo.every tribe lets appreciate our differences.we are all created by GOD we are to work together,live and learn from our differences.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
What a shame.

He needs to be sent to jail. Such a fcukking shame.

Make a god example out of him.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by loabb2(m): 10:57pm On Oct 14, 2011
Na Dustin Powder

Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by loabb2(m): 11:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
Baba Suwe Swaggar and Ginja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z__euZqAKvo
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ezer(m): 12:13am On Oct 15, 2011
Yeribe is a very terible tribe, full of hate n envy, I guess d envy part of them caused this normally ojuju looking man to soil our beautiful country image.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 15, 2011
Dgunnerz:

I don't know what's in this your comment but it got me ROFLMAO.
@topic
Baba suwe of all people,I'm sure it's all those ibo mafians that lured him into this.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ezer(m): 12:35am On Oct 15, 2011
gbo's people have the high rank all over the world and they have donated the whole of South Africa selling drugs on the street of Jozi - (Hillbrow precisely), Kempton Park, Pretoria and rest of the country. Please don't let us criticise coz everybody what to be someone in Nigeria. ENI T'ILE BAMOBA NI BARAWO. And what your so called leaders/rulers are doing is too bad than drugs trafficking. I pray God in his infinity mercy to abide with baba suwe and forgive him for his deeds.

I rest my case.

Omomorme Noni
What about the yeribe's in london carrying A1 in fraud,theft,drugs nko?
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by r231(m): 12:37am On Oct 15, 2011
hmmmm. . . whats YERIBE undecided undecided
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Nymphnode(m): 12:42am On Oct 15, 2011
Dgunnerz:

Haba! You wan kill am
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ezer(m): 1:37am On Oct 15, 2011
Baba suwe of all people,I'm sure it's all those ibo mafians that lured him into this.
Well if its d ibo maffias that led him to do it like u said,it further confirms what I said abt yeribe/yaruba/youarebah peoples envy, y envy d ibo man to d extent of doing what they do eh?
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by lucabrasi(m): 2:10am On Oct 15, 2011
GOD forgive me for jumping to conclusions o i just found this online o,

Baba Suwe excretes, no drug found
on OCTOBER 15, 2011 · in NEWS

IFEANYI OKOLIE & Daniel Eteghe
Ace Actor and comedian, Omidina Babatunde a.k.a Baba Suwe now in the custody of the National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, over alleged possession of cocaine was said to have made his first self excretion but no drug was found in it.

Disclosing this development to Saturday Vanguard, the Head of Public Affairs, NDLEA, Mr. Mitchell Ofoyeju however said Suwe was still under close observation by the agency to know what actually went wrong.

Baba Suwe was nabbed aboard an Air France aircraft to Paris at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, MMIA, Ikeja Lagos at about 10pm on Wednesday when he allegedly tested positive to drug ingestion and had been placed under observation since then.

Earlier yesterday, the NDLEA had expressed concern that Suwe who was on his way to attend the naming ceremony of his close friend in Paris had not been able to excrete despite the fact that he was ‘’eating very well and co-operating with narcotic investigators.’’ ‘

’There is reasonable ground for suspicion and the actor is currently under observation. He is fine and had been eating but has not excreted.

‘’We have invited our doctor to examine him. This is crucial to ascertain the true position.

Further up-date on the matter shall be made known to the general public. “.the Agency told Saturday Vanguard, shortly before he ecreted.

NDLEA’s Airport Commander, Alhaji Hamza Umar also confirmed that Suwe was in safe custody even as it was learnt that he was to the act as a compere during the naming ceremony which he missed as a result of his arrest.

source;http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/10/baba-suwe-excretes-no-drug-found/

ONYE OGBU AD OTHER TRIBAL BIGOTS HAVE YOU SEEN THE NEWS YET? NO DRUGS HAVE BEEN FOUND ON THE Yoruba MAN'S POO OO
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Ilekokonit: 4:41am On Oct 15, 2011
NDLEA Airport commander, Alhaji Hamza Umar who confirmed that Mr. Omidina Babatunde was in safe custody added that the process of placing suspected persons under observation was the agency’s usual practice.

According to Hamza, “there is reasonable ground for suspicion and the actor is currently under observation. He is fine and has gone for the first excretion but no drug had been found on him. We have in the past recovered drugs after the fourth excretion.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/10/14/baba-suwe-still-in-ndlea-custody/
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ezer(m): 4:53am On Oct 15, 2011
Patiently waiting for the fourth poo then.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by blackmale(m): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2011
adimeru noni ;d
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ogaju007(m): 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2011
If its true, JAIL THE F, KER!!
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by Dgunnerz(m): 5:04pm On Oct 15, 2011
Breaking News from DBN:Baba Suwe has excreted another 20 wraps,which makes it 90 in total now!
Stay on as we bring you the latest video from the poo poo!
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by tpia5: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2011
so thanks to the internet we are all waiting for blow by blow accounts of people's poo.

isnt that fascinating.
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by ajanaku2(m): 8:12pm On Oct 15, 2011
ezer:

Yeribe is a very terible tribe, full of hate n envy, I guess d envy part of them caused this normally ojuju looking man to soil our beautiful country image.

Pathetic Idi0t! You define the word "M0ron"!
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by lucabrasi(m): 9:19pm On Oct 15, 2011
tpia@:

so thanks to the internet we are all waiting for blow by blow accounts of people's poo.

isnt that fascinating.
its not poo o i think the dailies actually called it expensive shit or something similar lool
if i had access to the ndlea chairman i ll suggest they package the poo,label it and certify it with baba suwe's signature so they can auction it for people like the tribal bigots on here to buy and go analyse it in the comfort of their homes/kitchen
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by olawalebabs(m): 7:05am On Oct 16, 2011
Please don't let us mislead people with our post. He has not excrect any wrap up till now
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by sadia1230: 11:12am On Oct 16, 2011
Ah!!!! baabaa you have just soiled your name. what are you looking for in life agaain at your age. what advice will you give your children and the younger generation. its a shame.
Newspaper
Re: Comic Actor Baba Suwe Arrested With Cocaine At Lagos Airport by MMM2(m): 1:14pm On Oct 16, 2011
huh angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kemi Olunoyo Replies Davido's 'Under Threat' Post / Dija And Husband Expecting 3rd Child / Mama G And Okon Lagos Spotted At Elder Bethel Obuah's Burial Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.