Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:09 AM

Is It That Bad ! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It That Bad ! (915 Views)

Help My Elder Sister Is About To Marry A Man That Bad Mouths Her In Her Absence. / Is A Lil Fear Really That Bad In Parenting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It That Bad ! by Demdem(m): 3:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
Have a good friend of mine that has been staying in UK for years now. We grew up together and went to the same schools here in Naija. Anytime i am oppurtuned to go there, we hang out together. For years now he has been lamenting about Most Nigerian ladies and his unwillingness to have nothing to do with them. Will always encourage him but he never wanted any of such.

Like play like play, he got married of recent to an Asian shocked shocked shocked and suddenly it dawned on me that this guy meant business and knew what he was saying. I had no choice than to support him especially if he strongly believe that the lady in question will bring him happiness.

Dont get me wrong here, i have absolutely no issues with multi racial marriages but eh i will only consider that if none is available within my circle. His opinion before his marriage was good and "wifey" Nigerian ladies are pretty scare in UK. That i am finding difficult to digest. Well, since i dont live in UK (i only visit), will like guys who are there to kindly share their opinions.

Of cos, our ladies will want to refute this (my wife did afterall) but please let all be balanced.
Cheers.
Re: Is It That Bad ! by ronkebp(f): 3:39pm On Oct 13, 2011
Personally, i feel when a lady has been trained ''well' by her folks, it would reflect in her everyday life and interactions with other people, and to me, it has nothing to do with the race. Some people are good and some are bad. I met my hubby here in the 'States' and everything blossomed from there. Maybe his wife afterall was never a nigerian in the first place, God has a way of directing our paths.
Re: Is It That Bad ! by Demdem(m): 3:41pm On Oct 13, 2011
ronkebp:

Personally, i feel when a lady has been trained ''well' by her folks, it would reflect in her everyday life and interactions with other people, and to me, it has nothing to do with the race. Some people are good and some are bad. I met my hubby here in the 'States' and everything blossomed from there. Maybe his wife afterall was never a nigerian in the first place, God has a way of directing our paths.

That was my consolation. I rejoiced with him afterwards.
Re: Is It That Bad ! by iice(f): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2011
Don't get what the issue is undecided
Re: Is It That Bad ! by Demdem(m): 3:43pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^^^^^
His opinion before his marriage was good and "wifey" Nigerian ladies are pretty scare in UK. That i am finding difficult to digest. Well, since i dont live in UK (i only visit), will like guys who are there to kindly share their opinions.
Re: Is It That Bad ! by iice(f): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2011
My friend lives in Nigeria. He complains about the same thing.
Either you make do with, look for an alternative or make do without.
Re: Is It That Bad ! by Roland17(m): 4:27pm On Oct 14, 2011
Nigerian women are gradually loosing it all in the name of Globalization, Social networking and women empowerment, no man is ready to risk it.
Re: Is It That Bad ! by Demdem(m): 4:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
^^^^^

Interesting. what about us, Nigerian Men. dont we also have our own issues?
Re: Is It That Bad ! by TotoSmells(f): 5:16pm On Oct 14, 2011
ronkebp:

In my experience and judging by the posts in this section I have read, most girls when they get abroad forget everything they have been taught and try as much as possible to be like the "whiteman". I have so many friends in the UK looking for husbands, who say the men are afraid to marry them, that they would rather come to Nigeria to find a wife. We women should be less aggressive, opinionated and more submissive to our men folk.

(1) (Reply)

Chastity Scenario; Likely Outcomes? / Do You Cook For Your MIL When You Visit / How Extent Will You Defend Your Parent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.