Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN (34988 Views)

Emefiele Accused Of Secretly Selling $3.4 Billion To Dangote In One Transaction / Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by juman(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
Billions of dollars of nigerian money in his refinery.
Its corruption.

Buhari was totally committed to make sure there is an indigenous refinery.
What tinubu should do is the nigerian percentage share in the refinery should increase.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by swaggerjack: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
tommy589:
Interesting

They really grabbed Nigeria by the balls

The most abused country and civilization in human history. How the country has not collapsed is only because God gave the land oil.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by sukkot: 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
abokis have fleeced this country. if not for yoruba opposition and wisdom that is making them somewhat honest and accountable the abokis would have starved out the SE and SS a long time ago and taken all the loot.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by thedio(m): 2:30pm On Aug 20, 2023
Imagine! Students r finding it difficult to pay schl fee with formA and resulted to black market.
This Dangote is a rogue....only God knows what his staffs r passing through.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by flokii: 2:31pm On Aug 20, 2023
LegacyB:
The worst part is that the refinery is not yet working till now. After he used and put pressure on our forex.

The refinery is to give him monopoly over the oil and gas industry na.. so he will be sole authority importing and dictating price of PMS, AGO and other petroleum products... Ideally it's NNPC that should have like 4 - 6 working refineries to save the economy, not a private businessman like Dangote.

Pick up the nonsense Petroleum Industry Act they did and see the unpatriotic laws they smuggled into the document for some selected few to be getting richer..

It's like you don't know these Northerners are ready to destroy anything just to continue enriching themselves.. If you know the number of Space Agencies and Research Institutes in Abuja they have destroyed, you'll marvel. There are some agencies in Abuja that you won't see advert for recruitment, they have shared all the slots for 100 percent Northerners and they travel for overseas study like they are travelling to their backyard, wasting Nigeria's resources.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Ykc2(m): 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
sukkot:
so igbos are in competition with others ? cheesy
we no dey compete with anyone but fool like reno omokri always reminds igbo people dangote is northerner what is our business
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
Some people have just been trying to fight Alhaji all this while, I am just laughing and I am just watching .... This yeye guy writing stupid petition ask him how much tax he has paid to the Federal, State or Local Government ....ode ...

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by GreatrAnalyst: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2023
aybabz101:
I had an arguement with someone on this platform that Dangote is one of the worst things to have happened to Nigeria. Exploiting his connections with the rogue government officials to siphon the Nigerian population....his cement is another thing...

He cant compete fairly...all his other ventures especially in the food industry was a totall failure....his successfull business is the cement and sugar industry which technically are a monopolistic industries

His refinery was practically built by the Nigerian government....he was given tax rebate, free from customs duties and dollar sold to him at a very cheap rate, far below the official CBN rate....

The man is a leech and Nigeria really needs to get rid of him

You said it all.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by juman(m): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
Even projects in congo and cameroon.

Nah wa.
Thats too bad.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by 43Ronin: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
aybabz101:
I had an arguement with someone on this platform that Dangote is one of the worst things to have happened to Nigeria. Exploiting his connections with the rogue government officials to siphon the Nigerian population....his cement is another thing...

He cant compete fairly...all his other ventures especially in the food industry was a totall failure....his successfull businesses are the cement and sugar industries which technically are a monopolistic industries in Nigeria

His refinery was practically built by the Nigerian government....he was given tax rebate, free from customs duties and dollar sold to him at a very cheap rate, far below the official CBN rate....

you need to understand that dangote represents a group of people not just one man. International companies/foreign govt own more than half the shares of dangote refinery. Dangote is simply ROYAL NIGGER COMPANY....

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by GUNITGuy: 2:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
A revolution is coming to sweep most of these set of 1999 democracy thieves out and their business crooks.....The corruption from 99 till now beats That of Abacha 1million times .........
Nigeria won't survive for long with the way they're plunging it's people into deep poverty while enriching themselves

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by IamANigerianMan: 2:39pm On Aug 20, 2023
aybabz101:

He cant compete fairly...all his other ventures especially in the food industry was a totall failure....his successfull businesses are the cement and sugar industries which technically are a monopolistic industries in Nigeria

The worst of all is that DANGOTE product are costly , today , Hungry man idomies is N400, A bag of cement is N5000

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by winterfell007(m): 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2023
That was how to used President Obasanjo to cut off his cement rival Ibeto back in the days. This man is truly a capitalist mafia. He's lucky he doesn't have any of his operations in Europe or America, otherwise his assets would have been confiscated and he will be prosecuted for practicing crony capitalism

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by winterfell007(m): 2:41pm On Aug 20, 2023
Ykc2:
When I say in western nations dangote will be in prison serving his 25 years jail term for his financial crimes against Nigerians,my anger is when I hear people praising him, dangote is not better than average igbo business man in onitsha aba or lagos but they can't compete with him because his member of government of nigeria getting dollars at lowest rate
Honestly, that man is truly lucky he doesn't have any of his operations i Europe or America, they would have long issued his warrant for his arrest. That man is a criminal who disguises as a brilliant billionaire

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by happney65: 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
Dey play
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by NOwazobia: 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
I am most grateful that the petition was from a northerner, his brother.

🤤
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by sonnie10: 2:45pm On Aug 20, 2023
I just dey laff. God please continue to expose them. The oppression is too much.
See how people are suffering, yet they harden their heart.
After collecting all these money, we still import petrol.
Cement is still out of reach
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by rummmy: 2:46pm On Aug 20, 2023
Africa's richest man indeed.
We will all see why the north hold on to power for long.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by nairamaniac: 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2023
jegaxe:
Lolz , so like this now tinubu will probe dangote
He will arrest dangote straight and put him in Area-F in Lagos.

After all, that's what he would have done to me if it was me that committed this crime.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by jahsharon: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
PStacks:
Dangote is Government

Your head is too correct
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by LordAdam16: 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
This tripe passed off as a petition is a big fat nothingburger.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by pocom35: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
aybabz101:

LOL ..isn't that the support he should get for embarking on a $20bn project ..no human no earth has ever done in Africa.. and you think he can do that with his bare hands.. you look at the state of the economy.... we both know that one of the things that brought this far is the lack of a refinery.. now someone comes to correct not by building one to meet half of out needs but all and surplus for exports..and you think he doesn't require incentive to do it?

don't get me wrong though ..his crime here isn't stealing forex but acquiring them wrongly ..after all he was putting them all into the Nigerian economy by investing in all his project..

politicians have stolen 20x and stacked them foreign banks ...Abacha is a sample, they are not hated as much as someone taking the risk to better the country..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by sonnie10: 2:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
jackcanfield:
Some people have just been trying to fight Alhaji all this while, I am just laughing and I am just watching .... This yeye guy writing stupid petition ask him how much tax he has paid to the Federal, State or Local Government ....ode ...
You are talking about paying taxes and all that. How will you feel if someone stole your car and sold it but used some of the money to buy a pair of boxers for you?
It is called robbing Peter to pay Paul.
For your information, Dangote gets tax exempt from most governments.
Please let’s call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by BarrElChapo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
Someone that I’m pretty sure donated huge sums to ALL the major presidential candidates campaigns.

Nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by tishbite42: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
fuckJones:
who is ifeanyi Gods will emifele?
According to Nigerians, he's Delta or Niger-Delta
Abi you wan shift goalposts again?
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Kukutente23: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
JaneYave:
He had and still has support for incumbent strong supporting elites. It delights them to milk Nigeria dry at the expense of a beneficial economy for the common man.
You're cute
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by pocom35: 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
winterfell007:

Honestly, that man is truly lucky he doesn't have any of his operations i Europe or America, they would have long issued his warrant for his arrest. That man is a criminal who disguises as a brilliant billionaire
just dey play ..you think white business men play by the rules to fully rise?...
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Wodu89: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
jackcanfield:

Leave the messanger alone. Focus on the message hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by livebyday(m): 2:58pm On Aug 20, 2023
seeker121:
Nothing will come our of this report am pretty sure it will be thrown away without second thoughts.
The best thing is to japa from this clime if not your mental health will be seriously affected if you want to keep thinking about how corruption has eaten deep into our system smh.

Exactly 😎

Just noise and the poor will complain on social media and everything will return to business as usual. Except he will find a way to use the government to punish you poor Futher for having the guts to abuse him online

Before the end of September they will increase fuel some more , so let's see how you poor will survive with enough strength left to insult dangote again 🤣

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Kukutente23: 3:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
Funny enough
Zombies who have been calling for Emefiele's head are refusing to comment on a thread that directly implicates him with enriching Dangote.
Is it that they know something we don't know?
I expected to open this thread to see the likes of seunmsg, FreeStuffsNG, LegendHero etc spitting fire and calling on their god to lock Dangote in same DSS cell with Emefiele and throw the keys away.

BTW. LegendHero Where's the minimum wage. I told you I will remind you on August 20th that there's no minimum wage anywhere!!
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by thedio(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2023
Wodu89:
And Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

Dangote had long been dangerously and ferociously cannibalizing the country. A few elites have been longing for it's end.

From severe monopolistic advantages to unhinged access to subsidized forex rates and all sorts, the country was bending it's back backwards for this individual. It's hi time Dangote left Nigerian economy alone.

I had longed complained about Dangote and CBN regarding this :

On a continued basis over the years and contrary to the approvals, Emefiele’s CBN continued illegally supplying money from Nigeria’s treasury at cheaper rates to Dangote Group

This is the height of it :

To further highlight the brazenness of these actions, it recently came to light that the suspended CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, had borrowed USD 1 billion from Afrexim Bank in the second quarter of 2023, USD 750 million of which was illegally funneled to Dangote at a concessionary rate. These funds were subsequently transferred to Dangote’s account abroad just as previously done in the past

We borrowed $1 Billion at let's say 600 Naira per dollar, then had it stolen and gifted to Dangote at 200 Naira per dollar in the name of industrialization of the country.

Stop voting people whom the northern canal draws close to. Much of these kinds of truths would not surface when you continue doing so. This is what Chief Adebanjo had been crying over for years.

Many youths are wasting away and are mere dead beings in walking human shells. Stop the thnic and religious biases and support individuals that have a strong desire to change the narrative

Dangote is a crook

If CBN is investigated.iger the past 8-12 years, we will realize that the country has long been sold to Dangote
Good of u but u spoilt it with this

'Stop voting people whom the northern canal draws close to'
it all started during the time of Jonathan . Emefiele only continue from where they stopped. Only God knows if Jonathan is aware and if he is it means......hmmmm baba is working from home grin grin grin grin
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by JaneYave(f): 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

You're cute
'Thank you' says the ChubbyQueen🙏
.. and You like international politics 😄

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN: Frequently Ask Question / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / Hawker Dances With Her Goods On Her Head (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.