Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN (34990 Views)

Emefiele Accused Of Secretly Selling $3.4 Billion To Dangote In One Transaction / Flutterwave Triples Valuation To Over $3 Billion In A Year, Raises $250 Million / Onyema Denies US Fraud Allegations, Says All Money Transferred Went Through CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by AskNgige2: 8:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
Zico5:
Nigeria is a country full of criminals, supervised by criminals and judged and criticized by the same set of criminals cos they are not part of the crimes.
Eggxactly..

Our president is also a criminal...

He fight where it ddnt favor him
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by JaneYave(f): 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
Kukutente23:

I don't get
I meant it is a brilliant answer. You enlightened me. Thank you
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Satazaa: 8:42pm On Aug 20, 2023
pocom35:

LOL ..isn't that the support he should get for embarking on a $20bn project ..no human no earth has ever done in Africa.. and you think he can do that with his bare hands.. you look at the state of the economy.... we both know that one of the things that brought this far is the lack of a refinery.. now someone comes to correct not by building one to meet half of out needs but all and surplus for exports..and you think he doesn't require incentive to do it?

don't get me wrong though ..his crime here isn't stealing forex but acquiring them wrongly ..after all he was putting them all into the Nigerian economy by investing in all his project..

politicians have stolen 20x and stacked them foreign banks ...Abacha is a sample, they are not hated as much as someone taking the risk to better the country.. What a warped logic you are saying, in short you are saying that an armed robber who kills and maim people and steal thier cash and magnanimously spray that cash on bystanders should be pardoned and given national honours abi, are you sure you are okay?

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Barcalee: 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2023
So what will happen now? Nothing I guess!🤷🤷🤷
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Menclothing: 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
tishbite42:
Na wa o
Fulanis and Yorubas wan wreck this country kpata kpata
Money is paid by CBN gov
This started 10 years ago under Jonathan
Dangote is the richest man in Nigeria more than 20 years now

All tribes in Nigeria commit crime
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by seunodediranivy: 9:14pm On Aug 20, 2023
hmmmm, Nigeria my noble country, I can now see why operation is being suspended at Dangote refinery that was billed to start operation in July,

A single head milking on the heads of millions of people.

The question now is that were the previous regimes not aware of these financial infractions against Dangote?.

I believe heads would rolled over this issue.

Time shall tell.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Kukutente23: 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2023
JaneYave:
I meant it is a brilliant answer. You enlightened me. Thank you
I'm just curious why the answer was so important to you.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by maiunguwar: 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2023
aybabz101:
I had an arguement with someone on this platform that Dangote is one of the worst things to have happened to Nigeria. Exploiting his connections with the rogue government officials to siphon the Nigerian population....his cement is another thing...

He cant compete fairly...all his other ventures especially in the food industry was a totall failure....his successfull businesses are the cement and sugar industries which technically are a monopolistic industries in Nigeria

His refinery was practically built by the Nigerian government....he was given tax rebate, free from customs duties and dollar sold to him at a very cheap rate, far below the official CBN rate....

The man is a leech and Nigeria really needs to get rid of him
Dangote refinery should be nationalized by government

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Ttrabaye: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2023
seeker121:
Nothing will come out of this report am pretty sure it will be thrown away without second thoughts.
The best thing is to japa from this clime if not your mental health will be seriously affected if you want to keep thinking about how corruption has eaten deep into our system smh.

You're very right but the cost of JAPA ain't funny , two Schools in US gimme tuition free Scholarship but the cost of visa and SEVIS made me to let it slide
I still receive one admission on Friday self , $44K grant with no visa application!
Maybe I'm sadden but may the Lord give them all they deserve for destroying Naija

Still applying day and night for fully funded Scholarship Sha
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Ttrabaye: 10:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
[quote author=Satazaa post=125245064][/quote]

Two wrong doesn't make a right tho , we can't use urine to wash a cloth stained with faeces

My view 🔥 , no vex bossman
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Reference(m): 11:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
In other climes when the Reserve Bank coughs the economy goes down in a pandemic.

Here their talk is just like chloroquine to modern day malaria. Ineffective due to abuse.

And it will take decades of ethical behaviour for it to take control of the economy, decades of trust.

Today it is involved in sharing bags of rice in the so called palliative program. So shameful. Tomorrow it may open a franchise of Taco Bell.

The love of money has destroyed Nigeria completely.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by seeker121(m): 1:25am On Aug 21, 2023
May God make it easier bro this is not a country we want like seriously.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by koladata(m): 2:47am On Aug 21, 2023
don try it , they will only market your product towards the last day when your money is about to expire, you will get crazy calls on that day alone, if you are lucky they might buy but then, one day or two days towards the end of your package is not enough , trust me. Go and use your money to market on facebook or instagram.

You can give it a try though so you gain the experience , but i did 40k package like three times before my eye clear
Onefornaija24:

DO Jiji ADS WORK for gadgets like phones and laptops?

Is the VIP advert package worth paying for on Jiji?
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by ChiefOkporghe: 8:29am On Aug 21, 2023
franchasofficia:
Who doesn't know that Aliko Dangote became the unmerited Billionaire he is today through CBN FOREX waivers he uses to do his usual Dollar round-tripping that makes him billions weekly?

Let me explain this for the lay men and women on this forum.

Aliko Dangote will go to CBN in the guise of helping to grow Nigeria's economy to collect waiver to buy Dollar at CBN official rate of say 450 naira per $1 and then Dangote will buy like $500million dollars at $1 = 450naira.

Then he will go to black market to sell it at $1 = 750 naira and make 300 naira per $1.

Multiply 300naira by 500,000 that's Dangote's profit in one single FX transaction and he will use all these free money he makes to crash cement price to push Lafarge Cement and others from the market using illegal price slash.

This is how Dangote and many other unmerited Nigerian Billionaires became illegal Billionaires they are while the few hardworking Nigerians labor daily for peanuts.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by ChiefOkporghe: 8:30am On Aug 21, 2023
Wodu89:
And Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

Dangote had long been dangerously and ferociously cannibalizing the country. A few elites have been longing for it's end.

From severe monopolistic advantages to unhinged access to subsidized forex rates and all sorts, the country was bending it's back backwards for this individual. It's hi time Dangote left Nigerian economy alone.

I had longed complained about Dangote and CBN regarding this :

On a continued basis over the years and contrary to the approvals, Emefiele’s CBN continued illegally supplying money from Nigeria’s treasury at cheaper rates to Dangote Group

This is the height of it :

To further highlight the brazenness of these actions, it recently came to light that the suspended CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, had borrowed USD 1 billion from Afrexim Bank in the second quarter of 2023, USD 750 million of which was illegally funneled to Dangote at a concessionary rate. These funds were subsequently transferred to Dangote’s account abroad just as previously done in the past

We borrowed $1 Billion at let's say 600 Naira per dollar, then had it stolen and gifted to Dangote at 200 Naira per dollar in the name of industrialization of the country.

Stop voting people whom the northern canal draws close to. Much of these kinds of truths would not surface when you continue doing so. This is what Chief Adebanjo had been crying over for years.

Many youths are wasting away and are mere dead beings in walking human shells. Stop the thnic and religious biases and support individuals that have a strong desire to change the narrative

Dangote is a crook

If CBN is investigated.iger the past 8-12 years, we will realize that the country has long been sold to Dangote
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by JaneYave(f): 9:33am On Aug 21, 2023
Kukutente23:

I'm just curious why the answer was so important to you.
it was exact. Really on point 👍
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Kukutente23: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2023
JaneYave:
it was exact. Really on point 👍
Come are you whining me?
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 21, 2023
Mrniceguy001:

Is it not 🚫 Nigeria again? Nothing will still happen to him because No evidence 🧾 grin

Nigeria my kwantree
His foreign accounts will be investigated.But he will be spare by Tinubu because Tinubu may have benefited from him.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Nordy: 11:58am On Aug 21, 2023
Long overdue but expecting Amoda to investigate him is just a waist of time. Bola is an interested party, he has a vested interest in the Oil and gas segment, that will be protected by all means possible.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Thomasankara(m): 1:35pm On Aug 21, 2023
[/color]I just laugh when people idolized Dangote. To me,he's just an average man that leveraged on the financial impunity that reigns in Nigeria. He's among the principalities holding Nigeria down and he will never let Nigeria divide, because if Nigeria does, his fortune will drastically dwindle. It was here I told one illiterate that Dangote is bleeding Nigeria economy,but he didn't want his mentality to be liberated. Welcome to Dangote republic of Nigeria💎💎🏦🏦💵💵🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬[color=#770077]
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by 123papas(m): 7:43am On Aug 22, 2023
Liberalize and incentivize crude oil refining in Nigeria.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by Greatzeus(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2023
I dedicate the song " Untouchable" by DMX to the lawyer for wasting his time, asking the President to investigate Dangote.
Re: Tinubu Receives Petition Against Dangote Over $3.4 Billion Siphoned Through CBN by kanupapilo: 9:27am On Feb 15
tommy589:
Interesting

They really grabbed Nigeria by the balls
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN: Frequently Ask Question / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / Hawker Dances With Her Goods On Her Head (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.