Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,996 members, 7,814,399 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor (1175 Views)

Glory Be To God I Have Gotten A Laptop / Have You Ever Gotten A Job Through Linkedin, Share Your Experience / How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by arejibadz(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2023
just like the subject any nigerian ever gotten a coding job from there?

1 Like

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 3:32pm On Aug 20, 2023
I have been trying but no luck.

Glassdoor and Indeed no luck yet.

2 Likes

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Devopsguy: 12:12pm On Aug 21, 2023
What is your stack?
Coder2Client:
I have been trying but no luck.

Glassdoor and Indeed no luck yet.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Devopsguy: 12:16pm On Aug 21, 2023
You guys should learn contemporary technologies like machine learning, AI, Devops, blockchain, etc. Not how to center a div and other front end crap that can be done better with generative AI.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 12:25pm On Aug 21, 2023
Devopsguy:
What is your stack?

Java Springboot

2 Likes

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by landiqa(m): 12:46pm On Aug 21, 2023
Devopsguy:
You guys should learn contemporary technologies like machine learning, AI, Devops, blockchain, etc. Not how to center a div and other front end crap that can be done better with generative AI.

What's the requirements for blockchain or machine learning?
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by qtguru(m): 1:15pm On Aug 21, 2023
arejibadz:

Sorry I didn't read your question properly , not for coding
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by niel63(m): 4:14pm On Aug 21, 2023
Devopsguy:

Devopsguy... when you guys demonise the very basic the process, I bow.
Learning how to center a div prepares you for setting up a pipeline.
The process still remains the process.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by preciouswoman66(m): 3:07am On Aug 22, 2023
Coder2Client:

Java Springboot

Hello, Coder2Client, since your search have you landed any interview?
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by DyingFetus: 10:12am On Aug 22, 2023
If you're good with DSA, try Turing or Crossover
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2023
preciouswoman66:

Hello, Coder2Client, since your search have you landed any interview?

I have not been consistent in my search, though. In a month I can Push a button once or twice. But when I am ready to leave my current job I will push harder.

Do you have any opening for my stack?

1 Like

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2023
DyingFetus:

Is Turing legit? I have never read any good thing about them. I passed Java test on their website but I didn't attempt the Angular test cos of review I read about them.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by preciouswoman66(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Coder2Client:

I have not been consistent in my search, though. In a month I can Push a button once or twice. But when I am ready to leave my current job I will push harder.

Okay.. No oo grin. I'm not a recuriter

I was asking cause I will soon start my job search, just focusing on open source contributions for now and freelancing
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
preciouswoman66:

I was asking cause I will soon start my job search, just focusing on open source contributions for now and freelancing

That's good.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
Coder2Client:

Is Turing legit? I have never read any good thing about them. I passed Java test on their website but I didn't attempt the Angular test cos of review I read about them.

There's no jobs on Turing. Crossover is legit
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

There's no jobs on Turing. Crossover is legit

I will give a try. I know that the job there will be competitive.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by InteliJ(f): 8:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Coder2Client:

Just curious, are you using your stack in your current job?
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Coder2Client(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
InteliJ:

Just curious, are you using your stack in your current job?

Yep.

If you want to build a complete app I am available. If you have existing Springboot project you want add features to, I am available.

2 Likes

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by InteliJ(f): 4:32am On Aug 23, 2023
Coder2Client:

Yep.

If you want to build a complete app I am available. If you have existing Springboot project you want add features to, I am available.
Thanks for your response chief, sorry I don't have a job for you. I'm still learning and needed motivation

I'm sorry, if I gave you the wrong impression

1 Like

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by alexnurreo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
preciouswoman66:

I’m a product designer and I just opened an Upwork account yesterday.. I think it will be a great idea if we connect and share ideas since we’re both delving into freelancing.

1 Like

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by o123456789(m): 12:44pm On Aug 26, 2023
arejibadz:
If you want a job with your coding skills alone it will be very hard, I advice you to add cyber security skills and go to any underground forum or the Tor network to get amazing job offers, but you may be likely working for a cyber crime group take note. If you want to work for a legitimate company check GuardSquare the makers of ProGuard they have job openings. https://www.guardsquare.com/careers
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by preciouswoman66(m): 2:20pm On Aug 26, 2023
alexnurreo:
I’m a product designer and I just opened an Upwork account yesterday.. I think it will be a great idea if we connect and share ideas since we’re both delving into freelancing.

Hi, I believe qtguru is one of the person you need in your journey into freelancing with Upwork
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by airsaylongcome: 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2023
DyingFetus:

Crossover.com is mad o. I worked with them briefly. The job itself wasn't very tasking. But the monitoring is beyond belief. I already had a main job and wanted to use them to gather money for a business I wanted to start up. I couldn't cope. While my main job paid by the hour just for being available, Crossover paid only when you had a task available. So you could be available for 2 hours without any available task and you don't get paid. Dem no tell me before I run! But it was good awoof money when the task pipeline was full. The market is lean now and Crossover don't have as much jobs as they used to have
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Devopsguy: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
Coder2Client:

Java Springboot
I wish you luck but you have to be grounded with the basics of data structures and algorithms. Also you have to have good knowledge of system designs, not to forget good portfolio projects that are hosted, good number of repositories on github/gitlab and so on because you are competing with a lot of good guys.
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Devopsguy: 6:40pm On Aug 29, 2023
landiqa:

What's the requirements for blockchain or machine learning?

for blockchain

1 basic programming skills on python/javascript (choose any)
2 Good knowledge of database like mysql/posgres/ oracle (choose any )
3 Good knowledge of solidity

[b][/b]for machine learning
1 python (including libraries like numpy, scipy, pandas )
2 mathematics (including linear algebra, probability and statistics, calculus )
3 database (relational database)
4 R programming language (optional)
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by Devopsguy: 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2023
niel63:

Devopsguy... when you guys demonise the very basic the process, I bow.
Learning how to center a div prepares you for setting up a pipeline.
The process still remains the process.
I understand but my point is that you need to upgrade before looking for a job with such sites because we have many disruptive technologies now. People need to cool down and prepare before looking for a job because companies are looking for ways to cut costs.

1 Like

Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by landiqa(m): 8:07pm On Aug 29, 2023
Devopsguy:

for blockchain

1 basic programming skills on python/javascript (choose any)
2 Good knowledge of database like mysql/posgres/ oracle (choose any )
3 Good knowledge of solidity

[b][/b]for machine learning
1 python (including libraries like numpy, scipy, pandas )
2 mathematics (including linear algebra, probability and statistics, calculus )
3 database (relational database)
4 R programming language (optional)

Thanks for the response
Re: Any One Ever Gotten A Job From Glassdoor by bossekc: 1:17am On Dec 23, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Crossover.com is mad o. I worked with them briefly. The job itself wasn't very tasking. But the monitoring is beyond belief. I already had a main job and wanted to use them to gather money for a business I wanted to start up. I couldn't cope. While my main job paid by the hour just for being available, Crossover paid only when you had a task available. So you could be available for 2 hours without any available task and you don't get paid. Dem no tell me before I run! But it was good awoof money when the task pipeline was full. The market is lean now and Crossover don't have as much jobs as they used to have

Which job did you get at crossover??

(1) (Reply)

If You Are Thinking Of Picking Computer Programming As A Career / C Help / Robocode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.