Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me (3029 Views)

33 Years Old Graduate Beg For Job / Housekeeper & Cleaner Needed / My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2023
Good day nairalanders, I'm a very old member of this forum and I've been more of a reader than a topic creator.
I came home from work today and I felt very empty.
A university graduate of over 23 years with a 2 year restaurant store keeper experience. The restaurant I worked at folded up after tejusoho market at Yaba was opened. Since then I've been dropping my CV at different companies to get employed. But I didn't get any call from where I submitted my CV. I decided to start a teaching job which I did for close to 8 years. I worked as a teacher in a private school located around agbado area, ogun state. But I got tired because I wasn't appreciated and more so the salary wasn't taking care of my needs. So I was introduced to a hotel job as a housekeeper. I accepted the job and since then I've been a house keeper cleaning rooms. This I have been doing for over 5years now with a 35000naira monthly pay
I now look at myself with little grey hairs on my head. Thinking.... IS THIS WHAT I WAS MADE FOR? IS THIS WHY I SCHOOLED FOR 4YEARS.

Im just so bitter. Even the hotel where I work, the store keeper position where I have an experience is being manned by a secondary school cert holder.

God please when will I get there.
I'm writing this because I know there are good hearts in this forum. Please help me get a job. I have a 2 year old kid and my wife is pregnant. Please help me.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Kobicove(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2023
thugluvfem:
Good day nairalanders, I'm a very old member of this forum and I've been more of a reader than a topic creator.
A university graduate of over 23 years with a 2 year restaurant store keeper experience. The restaurant I worked at folded up after tejusoho market at Yaba was opened. Since then I've been dropping my CV at different companies to get employed. But I didn't get any call from where I submitted my CV. I decided to start a teaching job which I did for close to 8 years. I worked as a teacher in a private school located around agbado area, ogun state. But I got tired because I wasn't appreciated and more so the salary wasn't taking care of my needs. So I was introduced to a hotel job as a housekeeper. I accepted the job and since then I've been a house keeper cleaning rooms. This I have been doing for over 5years now with a 35000naira monthly pay
I now look at myself with little grey hairs on my head. Thinking.... IS THIS WHAT I WAS MADE FOR? IS THIS WHY I SCHOOLED FOR 4YEARS.

Im just so bitter. Even the hotel where I work, the store keeper position where I have an experience is being manned by a secondary school cert holder.

I'm writing this because I know there are good hearts in this forum. Please help me get a job. I have a 2 year old kid and my wife is pregnant. Please help me.

To be honest with you your best chance of getting a new job will be at a school since your core skills and experience are centered around teaching because that is what you have done the longest since you started working

4 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Chummynoni(m): 4:10pm On Aug 20, 2023
I pray you find the help you need 🙏🏾

10 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Pmedia7787: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2023
You need to praise yourself,for the fact that you still have it in mind to forge ahead
Life has it processes and you are just passing through,
I was far worse at 23,
I just finished my secondary school,

So, what next...plan your life,
Look to the.next goal you need to.achieve and do everything to get it,
Take your goals one after the other,
If your male..think along softskills and technical skill because somehow..you will need both
Infact .I would say you are in perfect standing,
Look inward at what you know is the best for you now and pursue it,
I started pursuing mine at 28...so I would say you are not late

3 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by starpower(m): 5:19pm On Aug 20, 2023
Post qualification. That might help

2 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2023
I don't mean I was 23yrs when I got my job. I mean I graduated 23yrs ago since 2008. I'm close to 40yrs now and I'm a cleaner

11 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by UnfairLife7(m): 5:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
It is well

I'm a 2.1 graduate earning 20k as a class room teacher. I can't even afford decent meal daily. Lots of graduates out there indulge in cyber fraud and other illegal means of making money.

If we talk, Emilokan gangs wouldn't allow us breathe as if they're more Nigerian than others

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 5:26pm On Aug 20, 2023
I'm graduated from imo state university in 2008 with a B. SC in Psychology. And Im a member of Charterd Institute of personnel management. I just feel I've invested more in myself to be a cleaner or more so going back to teaching. The Highest a teacher gets in my area is 30,000naira which is even lower compared to the cleaning job I'm doing

2 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 5:29pm On Aug 20, 2023
I can work as a logistics officer in a wholesale company with a lesser pay. This way, I can gain experience overtime and grow a carrier in department. Hopefully the next job after that can be better

2 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Natural2Heal: 5:35pm On Aug 20, 2023
thugluvfem:

What did you study in the university and the grade? Are you 23 years old or what is your age? If you are 23 years, then you are still very young to apply for graduate trainee position
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2023
I was born 1986. So that graduate trainee isn't an option
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
Natural2Heal:

What did you study in the university and the grade? Are you 23 years old or what is your age? If you are 23 years, then you are still very young to apply for graduate trainee position

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Olawrites: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2023
Men is really alone in this world.
If this is a woman you'd have gotten help from men. But men to men no you won't get.

My advice is look for a laptop learn any online skills, sell your service to businesses.

Or look for a product (car, phone, gadget, etc) and sell online, take pictures and post online, make your commission after each sell and also strike a deal with the owner on each sell. You can do this with your smartphone. At the end you'll make 100k above monthly at least.

Man has no helper in this country only women.

Take your destiny by force

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by thugluvfem(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2023
Olawrites:
Men is really alone in this world.
If this is a woman you'd have gotten help from men. But men to men no you won't get.

My advice is look for a laptop learn any online skills, sell your service to businesses.

Or look for a product (car, phone, gadget, etc) and sell online, take pictures and post online, make your commission after each sell and also strike a deal with the owner on each sell. You can do this with your smartphone. At the end you'll make 100k above monthly at least.

Man has no helper in this country only women.

Take your destiny by force

I just ALWAYS keep my hopes high.
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Natural2Heal: 6:18pm On Aug 20, 2023
thugluvfem:

Is your wife a graduate too? She can look for a job to support the family.
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by TrustNone: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2023
Hmm
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by GodWrites: 6:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
thugluvfem:

People like you deserve suffering. You have no tangible job, yet you rushed to get married. That zeal for marriage, if you had used it to look for a job, you would have been in a better place. My mates are getting married let me join them. As if life is a competition. I only pity the poor kid. Give up the child for adoption. That innocent baby doesn't deserve to suffer hardship due to your mistakes.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Dubetex96(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2023
GodWrites:

People like you deserve suffering. You have no tangible job, yet you rushed to get married. That zeal for marriage, if you had used it to look for a job, you would have been in a better place. My mates are getting married let me join them. As if life is a competition. I only pity the poor kid. Give up the child for adoption. That innocent baby doesn't deserve to suffer hardship due to your mistakes.

This write up is unnecessary man have to take risk wether it favours him fine if it goes south beautiful. In essence if you have job for him reach out men lift their fellow men not talking down on him. Shallom

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by zyphr(m): 6:56pm On Aug 20, 2023
Why do you keep emphasizing the need to get a JOB? How about being more self reliant. The job you do currently should afford you time to learn a trade. There are simple trades you can learn with a short while such a house wiring, plumbing and painting.
Also, there is money in food and transport business. Since you don't have money to do food business, you can get into transport by learning how to drive a car/Keke.

With knowledge of car driving, you can get an uber car for weekly remittance which will make you earn far higher than your current earning. Same applies to Keke. It takes less than a week to learn how to ride Keke.

2 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by CarlosTheJackal: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2023
thugluvfem:
I'm graduated from imo state university in 2008 with a B. SC in Psychology. And Im a member of Charterd Institute of personnel management. I just feel I've invested more in myself to be a cleaner or more so going back to teaching. The Highest a teacher gets in my area is 30,000naira which is even lower compared to the cleaning job I'm doing
Why do you think of running your own business
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by CarlosTheJackal: 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2023
thugluvfem:
Why do you think of running your own business .
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by AgentGoat: 7:09pm On Aug 20, 2023
Are you saying you graduated at the age of 14?

2 Likes

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Ezmans: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2023
This world no balance at all person like me that doesn't have waec is a millionaire while graduates a still looking for job

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Thortp(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2023
It will be fine bro. I don't know why I feel so confident.

1. Update your CV.
2. Search for "Philips Consult" and other agencies to submit your cv to them.

I know people who got jobs via agencies.

And please, don't forget to pray to God and speak positive things to yourself always.
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Charismatic107: 8:06pm On Aug 20, 2023
People are going through a lot, Dear Op don't give up things will definitely be alright.
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by candygist: 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2023
GodWrites:

Oya clap for yourself
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by victor2008(m): 8:22pm On Aug 20, 2023
Bro, take heart,my advice look for small loan go into business like

👉Buying and supply of eggs
👉 Laundry
👉 Cway/bottle water/pure water supply
👉 POS @ inter-state park

Or
👉Creating content on YouTube
👉 Affiliate marketing
👉Crypto arbritrage etc

Or
Learn a trade that does take more than one year to learn
👉Barbing/ nail technician
👉 Confectioners
👉 Decorations etc

If u need info DM for further assistance, can't spill all the beans here bro, bye

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by LikeAking: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2023
Poverty is evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by maivd: 9:05pm On Aug 20, 2023
Go to youtube and type the following channels and follow the teachings...xbmarketing,smartmoneytactics and h-educate.....follow them religiously. Hope you have a laptop.
Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by wittywriter: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2023
Ezmans:
This world no balance at all person like me that doesn't have waec is a millionaire while graduates a still looking for job
There's still chances he will become a billionaire before you do... wink

maivd:
Go to youtube and type the following channels and follow the teachings...xbmarketing,smartmoneytactics and h-educate.....follow them religiously. Hope you have a laptop.
Nice one. ...
LikeAking:
Poverty is evil.
Charismatic107:
People are going through a lot, Dear Op don't give up things will definitely be alright.

zyphr:
Why do you keep emphasizing the need to get a JOB? How about being more self reliant. The job you do currently should afford you time to learn a trade. There are simple trades you can learn with a short while such a house wiring, plumbing and painting.
Also, there is money in food and transport business. Since you don't have money to do food business, you can get into transport by learning how to drive a car/Keke.

With knowledge of car driving, you can get an uber car for weekly remittance which will make you earn far higher than your current earning. Same applies to Keke. It takes less than a week to learn how to ride Keke.

UnfairLife7:
It is well

I'm a 2.1 graduate earning 20k as a class room teacher. I can't even afford decent meal daily. Lots of graduates out there indulge in cyber fraud and other illegal means of making money.

If we talk, Emilokan gangs wouldn't allow us breathe as if they're more Nigerian than others
Lolz your moniker though...btw why not get involved in e-teaching.

UnfairLife7:
e-teaching? How do i go about that?
Create an online portfolio of yourself stating the core subjects you are best at helping students become excellent in.
Next is choose a social medium to assemble your prospects(students) i.e zoom or whatsapp then create or outsource a very attractive e-community flyer.
Share on all SM platforms.

You can drop your digits or quote me in a dead thread if you need an expert setup...let's not derail this thread.

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by Obainoman6: 10:25pm On Aug 20, 2023
Dubetex96:

This write up is unnecessary man have to take risk wether it favours him fine if it goes south beautiful. In essence if you have job for him reach out men lift their fellow men not talking down on him. Shallom

but he's saying the truth na, imagine living in penury face me i face you drinking gari you no get conscience you even carried woman and join, now you have brought a child to come and join your suffer world this guy deserves to be hangged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 23 Year Old Graduate Working As A Housekeeper(cleaner) Pls Help Me by LeopardX: 10:33pm On Aug 20, 2023
I'm so sorry about your predicament. I hope it gets better for you and everyone of us.

Fok!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nnlg Test In Port Harcourt / What Is Access Bank Aptitude Test Like? / Fresh Graduate Jobs In A Multinational Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.