Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,986 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? (8303 Views)

Bracket - International Baby [VIDEO] / Video: Bracket – Beautiful Baby Ft. Flavour / Psquare Signs With Universal Music Group In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 4:24pm On Oct 13, 2011
Just playing 'Me and You' online and I dare say this is the BEST song in Nigeria this Year period. (Guess its a 2011 song abi?). Why are they not getting that publicity they deserve? Those guys are the best melodious singers in Nigeria, though I don't care about that Yori Yori nonsense. They have the best music in Nigeria and they are not getting much shine. smh. Anybody that thinks otherwise should post a music that is better than 'me and you' so far. Its time you people start promoting talent than those talentless hip hop wanna sing people you vibe you and I always see here - whizkid, psquare, ice prince and the rest. After you will say your music is not appreciated overseas when you adore crap
Nigerians and their music taste.
My 2 cents
* Bracket, if you are reading this, step up on your videos too*
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 4:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 5:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
they have good voices but (READ MY LIPS) they NEED music writers.
them and wizkid, great voices.

btw this i get the feelin this album is for babes.

best music in 9ja? SMH.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 5:44pm On Oct 13, 2011
amblors:

they have good voices but (READ MY LIPS) they NEED music writers.
them and wizkid, great voices.

btw this i get the feelin this album is for babes.

best music in 9ja? SMH.
Lmao. Guy you are tripping. Which Nigerian music is for guys? All Nigerian music out now are for 'babes'. Don't even go there. All Nigerian music caters for babes and don't even call MI and the rest. When i want to listen to hip hop, I know where to find it. You can't call those things hip hop. My opinion is since Nigerian music is mainly singing and those type of songs - Psquare, dbanj, whiz kid and the rest, they should be on top because they have the talent more than others
amblors:

best music in 9ja? SMH.

I don't want to argue please, I just asked you to slip in a music that is better. simple. No argument
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 5:48pm On Oct 13, 2011
ok if you don't recognize the nigerian 'hip hop' community

perhaps you would recog people like Asa, Bez, Adol, 2face (or you think he's not a good singer too), hell OJB's good. You heard music from Age Beeka? that's worldclass music.

bracket makes music for people to dance to.
i havn't heard anything reflective from em,
mayb i'm not listening,mayb u'll tell me beta.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Fred87(m): 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
let em kip d money,buh they crap, eeezz
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 5:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
You see how I clearly skipped Tuface's name there. He is good. There is no contesting that but I don't think he has a music this year. The last from him was only me and the rest. Am just referring to all the new music out right now. You can put asa in there too but apart from that, nobody does it better.
Thanks for your opinion though
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 6:16pm On Oct 13, 2011
Mr. Globe:

You see how I clearly skipped Tuface's name there. He is good. There is no contesting that but I don't think he has a music this year. The last from him was only me and the rest. Am just referring to all the new music out right now. You can put asa in there too but apart from that, nobody does it better.
Thanks for your opinion though

sorry man, i didn't realize you were talking about this year.
n i tot you were referring to "Girl ft Wizkid".
I didn't really like that song "Me & You" i won't like it any better now. but dem try.

i'll prefer to listen to music like this --

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEf7pNAHbFs[/flash]

or music like --

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KtGh0G5tlM[/flash]

or music like

[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU0EM87Nf30[/flash]

and many more.
anyways that's me

i respect your choice,
but bracket won't b in my top 10 list of naija musician.
they're plenty more talented people out there.

btw Yori Yori made em famous
i believe thier new album will sell loads.
i guess they're getting their due but e no reach to pass em off as one of the best.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 13, 2011
Mr. Globe:
Just playing 'Me and You' online and I dare say this is the BEST song in Nigeria this Year period. (Guess its a 2011 song abi?). Why are they not getting that publicity they deserve? Those guys are the best melodious singers in Nigeria, though I don't care about that Yori Yori nonsense. They have the best music in Nigeria and they are not getting much shine. smh. Anybody that thinks otherwise should post a music that is better than 'me and you' so far. Its time you people start promoting talent than those talentless hip hop wanna sing people you vibe you and I always see here - whizkid, psquare, ice prince and the rest. After you will say your music is not appreciated overseas when you adore crap
Nigerians and their music taste.
My 2 cents
* Bracket, if you are reading this, step up on your videos too*

Chukwu gozie i. The only reason my last Bracket thread got attention was because the song featured Wizkid lol. Without Wiz, they're still amazing. "Cupid Stories"? Amazing album. I seriously feel Yori Yori was overrated. The "Remember" remix is 50 times better, yet I don't hear it anywhere.

Bracket has good videos though. The quality for "Muah Muah" and "Me And You" was amazing. Even "Remember" was great, and that was filmed at Obudu Cattle Ranch I believe. They're some of the few ones using beautiful African girls in their videos. Others like P-Square insist on using oyibos and other overseas girls lol.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2011
@ogugua, you dan land? he he.

you also rate em as naija's finest?
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 13, 2011
Lol. Not as Naija's finest. They never reach that level, but they are underrated.

The boys really do try and you can hear it in their latest album. A big improvement, lyrically, from the first album. They still have a long way to go though. You can always expect good videos from Bracket. The "Yori Yori" and "No Time" videos were from when money no dey their pockets lol. Everything after that, especially "Ada Owerri", has been top class.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by amblors(m): 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^^
well said.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
wink
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by rapjunkie(m): 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2011
Best group in Nigeria?. . .  shocked shocked shocked shocked

make i just  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2011
90% Nigerians = poor taste of music period. You must not know sh**t about music for putting them out of your top 10. Ada owerri - classic African soul music. Me and you - Nice African soul music with a bit of pop sound. When, I want to listen to Nigerian music, minus asa and maybe tuface, those are the type of songs I play. You people that dont no nothing about music can stay running after those talentless whizkid, iceprince, psquare, mohits gimmicks. Thats why the American market dont care for anything from Nigeria cuz its fake anyways.
Nigerian Music:
Tuface
Asa
Bracket.
Talentwise. Those guys need some big marketing Naira. They are good. If you like call yourself whizkidjunkie abi rapjunkie and the rest. You need to know music to enjoy music.
My 2 cents
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Ajibel(m): 3:26am On Oct 14, 2011
D'banjs oliver twist and Give it to me by d'prince is preferable

, even 'back then' by davido,i like that better than brackets' but its not that i hate them

. . . . Best what? Wtf
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by yoji: 4:51am On Oct 14, 2011
@ poster- the track -more you by BEZ is by far better than me and you by bracket. Listen to d song, watch the video and feel it. And since it came out this year, it qualifies to compete.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 14, 2011
Mr. Globe:
90% Nigerians = poor taste of music period. You must not know sh**t about music for putting them out of your top 10. Ada owerri - classic African soul music. Me and you - Nice African soul music with a bit of pop sound. When, I want to listen to Nigerian music, minus asa and maybe tuface, those are the type of songs I play. You people that dont no nothing about music can stay running after those talentless whizkid, iceprince, psquare, mohits gimmicks. Thats why the American market dont care for anything from Nigeria cuz its fake anyways.
Nigerian Music:
Tuface
Asa
Bracket.
Talentwise. Those guys need some big marketing Naira. They are good. If you like call yourself whizkidjunkie abi rapjunkie and the rest. You need to know music to enjoy music.
My 2 cents

Bros I'm right behind you. Mo' Hits is a business lol. D'banj is severely overrated. I'm baffled as to how he's gotten so far. Oliver Twist is popular because of the video competition. Mr. Endowed is famous because the remix featured Snoop Dogg (I prefer the original). If I say I prefer Bracket over P-Square, some people will lash me. Paul and Peter cannot sing. Don't get me wrong. I have seen them perform live and they're amazing, along with their music. I've purchased all their albums, but their voices are not it.

The true voice of Bracket is from Vast. That guy can sing. He and Wande Coal are my favorite singers out of Naija. Vast's voice is too sweet. He can sing me to sleep any night.

"Me And U" sounds like "Yori Yori" you know. I've always called it Yori Yori 2.0 lol. Me and U is a bajillion times better than Yori Yori, but you won't hear it at parties. Very sad.

To my relief, "Girl" was played at the independence party I attended and, to my relief, people actually knew the lyrics. That's out here in California, so there's hope lol.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 7:25am On Oct 14, 2011
^ Well said. Let me find the 'Girl' single.
Oliver twist better than 'Me and You'? Somebody said that? Smh.
Give it to me beat was dope. It wasn't the song. It was the beat.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by ogwulumba: 9:25am On Oct 14, 2011
I think bracket are rili not get much publicity. Maybe cus they r still students and hv not moved 2 lagos whr it's bubling cool
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by freecocoa(f): 9:31am On Oct 14, 2011
Me and you is one of my favorite songs of 2011.
 But to say Bracket is the best group in naija is what I won't agree with,no doubt they are talented and have very good voices,one thing I know is that they are underrated,if I'm to make a list of my top ten artistes,they'll be somewhere around 7 or 8.

Someone said bracket's songs are for ladies,lol,please tell me one naija artiste whose songs is for guys,all naija songs boils down to how they fell in love with one chick with big nyash and the likes.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 9:49am On Oct 14, 2011
bracket?for real? bracket and wande coal have the best voices?i dont think so.there are others, though not too popular. what happened to obiwon, GT d guitarman, samsung, timi dakolo,etc.saying bracket and wande coal have the best voices is far fetched. undecided.what do u men know about music anyway? angry
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by myk2mic: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2011
amblors:

ok if you don't recognize the nigerian 'hip hop' community

perhaps you would recog people like Asa, Bez, Adol, 2face (or you think he's not a good singer too), hell OJB's good. You heard music from Age Beeka? that's worldclass music.

bracket makes music for people to dance to.
i havn't heard anything reflective from em,
mayb i'm not listening,mayb u'll tell me beta.
what ever happened to that guy, he would/should have been the best in niaja by now, guess he came at a time when naija music was still struggling to get acceptance amongst nigerians.he was good.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Blazing88(f): 10:02am On Oct 14, 2011
best group for what nau? P-SQUARE ALLLLLLLL THE WAYYYYYYY
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Tinynita(f): 10:40am On Oct 14, 2011
P Square is over rated.
They r nt good musicians.
They gat no good lyrics.
Their rhyme is like dat of kids i.e saying words lyk heh heh, ahh ahh, diee diee, highh highh and oda tins kids sing in their song.
They keep doing d same tin in all their album.
Their duet ain't good.
Bracket is beta than them anytime anyday.
Bracket rocks while P Square sucks
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by frederal(m): 10:53am On Oct 14, 2011
I agree with you, Bracket is good. Tuface d best.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by stanleybiggie(m): 11:14am On Oct 14, 2011
P square then bracket
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MrGlobe(m): 11:21am On Oct 14, 2011
@Tinynita couldn't have said it any better. Ok, so the guys are still in school and they are not based in lagos yet? Hmmm
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by MMM2(m): 11:58am On Oct 14, 2011
terryG angry
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Natasha2(f): 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
good I thought I was the only one who thinks Psquare sings trash  cheesy same goes for dbanj as for bracket they've got beautiful voices but best groupie? I don't know about that, though I don't relate to jaywon's song I'll have to admit he has a very nice voice too

I love brakets remember than any other track they've released I didn't enjoy the mueh mueh maybe because they said it too much  grin grin
and least I forget please whoever knows p square should tell them to stop repeating the same words over and over and over again in their songs  cheesy
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by Orikinla(m): 12:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
It is only in the land of dummies like Nigeria that any clown who can mime becomes a hip hop star. The live shows of the so called Nigerian hip hop stars are not better than shows by high school pupils in performace class in America. What most them call songs do not qualify as songs but slogans and jargons voiced by autotune and laid over pirated and modified music from American and European Pop and Hip hop singers. Lip syching is not Song writing. The best groups in Nigeria have bands and they play live plugged or unplugged and they know themselves and those who know music know them. And not your hip hop clowns who keep on recycling lyrics of their ditties on the sexuality of their Bimbos and pay hungry and greedy DJs and VJs to play them in constant rotation on radio and TV and they soon claim hip hop stardom among their fellow clowns and morons who cannot pass auditions for Project Fame or Naija Sings. Their live shows are amateurish and pathetic.
Re: Is Bracket The Best Group In Nigeria? by engrj(m): 12:28pm On Oct 14, 2011
no

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download Raba Raba MP3 – Upper X Ft M-honeyz Ft Texy / Lyrics: Bad Belle By M.I Abaga Ft Moti Cakes / DJ Spinall Ft. Wizkid - "Nowo" (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.