Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:18 PM

Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps (20377 Views)

Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo In NYSC Certificate Controversy / Senate Confirms Muazu Sambo As Minister-designate / Photos Of Uche Ogah's Investments, Companies (Buhari’s Minister-Designate) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by chokekachy: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2023
Tunji-Ojo was first elected to represent Akoko North East/Akoko North West Federal Constituency in 2019 where he chaired the House Committee on NDDC.

He was re-elected to the green chambers in 2023, a position he is resigning to take up the Minister of Interior role today.

On February 23, 2019, you gave me your mandate to represent you at the green chamber of the National Assembly in Abuja.

It was a huge confidence and trust reposed in me, and I had an unusual record of rewriting, reshaping, and redefining our stories, delivering effective and responsive representation when I toiled the length and breadth of the two local government areas of the Federal Constituency.

We rose above the attendant challenges, which used to serve as excuses for not delivering the good of the land to the people. Within the period, we changed the narratives. We rewrote the history of our land so that generations unborn will not only read about it but will also benefit from it. We raised the bar for representative democracy. Evidence of this commitment is scattered across the constituency.

From the Oyinmo by-pass road to the once-dreaded Arigidi Akoko to Okeagbe Akoko road to the forgotten Ase road to the Auga road and other roads, over 100 km of road projects were facilitated.

Several industrial boreholes were installed, and transformers were provided to all the communities for the use of our people. Our enterprising market women were empowered with grants to support their businesses, and our students enjoyed bursary provision to support their education. The agricultural and health sectors, as well as security, received attention through so many intervention projects. I have always held the belief that it is Akoko that will develop Akoko, and my actions have proved that postulation to be true.

In the midst of this, I did not forget the core legislative duties. In four years, I drafted bills and ensured they were passed by the National Assembly to change the economic and administrative landscape of our country.

You proved to me that hard work is the most important virtue if we are to achieve a society where the dividends of democracy are delivered to the people, especially at the grassroots. You rewarded me with a second term in office when you went to the polls on the 25th of February, 2023, where you returned me with over eighty percent of the votes cast. Nothing could be more humbling!

His Excellency, President 'Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR), has found your son worthy to serve in the federal cabinet in his quest to deliver on his #RenewedHope promises. I consider this a thing of pride for you, for Akoko, for Ondo State, and for the young Nigerians at home and abroad.

I thank His Excellency, Asiwaju 'Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for the opportunity to join his team as he leads the nation to freedom. I reaffirm my belief in his mandate, and I cannot wait to serve in the cabinet.

Today, as I bow out as your lawmaker, I thank you for your support, which I know will not droop.

While I will miss drafting bills and defending the Nigerian people on the floor of the house, I am delighted to take up this huge task ahead of me as we work towards giving back to Nigeria and Nigerians, both home and abroad.

Thanks.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid021kfrj5356j7sKwSL594N1qTtRXL1Zk4eizuP7xQKUjtLcguKbdDwcpQaS1AkTb3nl&id=100033775496972&mibextid=Nif5oz

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Taylor90: 9:23am On Aug 21, 2023
Good morning everybody

I no wan attack anybody today I don repent

May the peace of the lord be with you all

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by MrsTwrite(f): 9:29am On Aug 21, 2023
Perhaps he has gotten something better.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 21, 2023
He will resign and still be enjoying the benefits of a lawmaker.

4 Likes

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by slawomir: 9:34am On Aug 21, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Isoright

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by BarrElChapo(m): 9:35am On Aug 21, 2023
🤔
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Igboslayer: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2023
Wailing weepers will still come here to display their Aba made knowledge 💯💯💯💯

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Wealthoptulent(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2023
Make she do job well, if not HIM RESIGNATION REMAINS 1 MORE.
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Kenmatt(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2023
Naso nah!

Who wan come dey make Law way them no dey carry out?

E no better to come dey carry out Law way them no even make?
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Klasique911(m): 9:36am On Aug 21, 2023
So what will he now do if the tribunal nullifies Tinubu's election?

10 Likes

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by baike: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2023
Him for no resign before grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by UvleanX: 9:36am On Aug 21, 2023
grin
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Nursepepeye(f): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2023
chokekachy:
Tunji-Ojo was first elected to represent Akoko North East/Akoko North West Federal Constituency in 2019 where he chaired the House Committee on NDDC.

He was re-elected to the green chambers in 2023, a position he is resigning to take up the Minister of Interior role today.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid021kfrj5356j7sKwSL594N1qTtRXL1Zk4eizuP7xQKUjtLcguKbdDwcpQaS1AkTb3nl&id=100033775496972&mibextid=Nif5oz

so if tribunal com remove tilumbu , this one go loose everything be that

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by abiol0: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2023
good thing

2 Likes

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Hollyharjii: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2023
Congratulations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by iHateFraudsters: 9:37am On Aug 21, 2023
B4 nkor?

1 Like

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Kingosytex(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2023
From a house of rep member to a minister, this is an upgrade.
Let the looting begin undecided

5 Likes

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by circular(m): 9:38am On Aug 21, 2023
We wish you well in your ministerial appointment. Dave Umahi should be next

2 Likes

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 21, 2023
Asiwaju recognizes the youth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by masseratti: 9:39am On Aug 21, 2023
Still don't understand why leave an elective post and take up an appointment?
FOR anyone that owns a filling station and is interested in buying PMS petrol and diesel AGO at a very good discounted price in a depot in Lagos.. Pls call 081..633..01355.
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 9:39am On Aug 21, 2023
Politicians are only concerned for their stomach.

Meanwhile, I pity him when we will reclaim our stolen mandate. He will lose in both ways

1 Like

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by SMARTMOTORS(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2023
So who will take over the seat?.... The 2 runner up?

1 Like

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by pendragonbladgo(m): 9:40am On Aug 21, 2023
Young and zealous to work!

1 Like

Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Chibuzoripob: 9:40am On Aug 21, 2023
cool
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by Naijanascam: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2023
Otilo
Re: Minister-Designate, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo Resigns From The House Of Reps by PlayerMeji: 9:41am On Aug 21, 2023
Wailers, over to you!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose At PDP South-West Reconciliation Committee Meeting In Ekiti (Photos) / UN Report On Violent Conflicts In Nigeria Disappointing –presidency / Insecurity: Shiekh Gumi Is A Front For Bandits, Arrest Him Now – Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.