Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) (48675 Views)

Female Chorister Discovered To Be A Man After Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Man Electrocuted To Death In Aba Few Weeks To Traditional Wedding (Graphic Pic) / Lady Electrocuted To Death By High Tension Cable In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by CaptMarvel(m): 11:47am On Aug 22, 2023
Everything was iron and this people have the guts to raise it under an high tension wire, even seeing that the billboard is almost as high to where the tension wire, they still went ahead to raise... Unmnhnm

May we not be victim of our own ignorance, Amen. Rip to the dead.

Bulk mailer and email extractor available, contact me please.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 11:48am On Aug 22, 2023
No PPE. I can't waste my RIP on ignorant fools....
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Postinor: 11:50am On Aug 22, 2023
jmoore:
People will keep perishing for lack of knowledge.

So none of them had eyes to see the high tension wire?
all eyes on the judiciary 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 11:55am On Aug 22, 2023
Safety conscious is zero and insurance big zero. Full time employment zero, they rather look for boys they will pay peanuts
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Judolisco(m): 12:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
Na why ino dey work with people wey dey talk say... Eno go do anything
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Giltexo: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
They want to congratulate Wike for his ministerial appointment.... oooooooooh
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by phemmyfour: 12:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
jmoore:
People will keep perishing for lack of knowledge.

So none of them had eyes to see the high tension wire?
Honestly, they have no biz constructing anything under HT. Even to park my car besides 220v , I dey fear.

Safety is key before embarking on such risky task
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Bribri: 12:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
This death could have been avoided. Ordinary pressing iron wen shock me. my liver nearly twist. May we not experience IKU ORO.

1 Like

Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by sameks08(m): 12:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Something tragic happened to person pikin and one fool is there taking pictures
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by countryman13: 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
sarrki:
Five billboard installers electrocuted to death, several others critically injured, after the metal signpost they were trying to install, had contact with a high tension wire at Rumuosi axis of East West Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

- Journalist Kc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/rivers-five-electrocuted-four-hospitalised-while-erecting-billboard-police-begin-probe/%3famp
This is something that can be avoided 💯%. They should have requested for an outage from the DISCO involved on dt particular line and do their safely. May God help us
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Demurray: 1:07pm On Aug 22, 2023
That's how a friend died in the process of erecting svarfold , he was the on serving the rest of the installers, unknowingly connect the iron pipe to the high High Tension Wire,HTW, he electrocuted immediately while others on the svarfold injured .

RIP the the dead and quick recovery to the injured.

Man will sure taste death somehow, many we not die in a painful way, amen.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by oxygenator: 1:37pm On Aug 22, 2023
sarrki:
Five billboard installers electrocuted to death, several others critically injured, after the metal signpost they were trying to install, had contact with a high tension wire at Rumuosi axis of East West Road, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

- Journalist Kc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/rivers-five-electrocuted-four-hospitalised-while-erecting-billboard-police-begin-probe/%3famp

HBOT for electrical burns:

Let us remember that hyperbaric oxygen therapy -hbot can halt or reduce the severe damage high voltage electricity can cause on human body.

High voltage electrical burns continue to degrade tissues days after the initial impact.

To stop, reduce, protect and revers tissues from further damage HBOT is the best solution.
Ignoring this information is to do things the old way and having same poor results.

We are HBOT Providers in Port Harcourt.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by TheFacelessMan: 1:38pm On Aug 22, 2023
complexstuffs:

complex stuffs to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother
The guy is correct...

Why truth dey pain you like this na?

From eyes on the Judiciary now to dead eyes on the Judiciary grin cheesy
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Josephkabila12: 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2023
You know what, in Nigeria today establishment don't prioritize HSE ( health safety and environment). RIP
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by hansomb: 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
The victims were said to be private businessmen contracted to mount the billboard for a new generation CHURCH. .who no know no go know.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by KayB: 3:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
Tinubu head strong as they wanted to install oppressive banner like they did in Abuja. Lord of unity slammed them with cautionary knock. Una go learn by fire by force
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Latestlandlord: 3:30pm On Aug 22, 2023
Job Hazard Analysis n PPE would have prevented this.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kelvin1191(m): 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hope it's not living faith church. Same incident happened in benue state some years ago that claimed many lives including that of my friend Peace.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by kaludestiny10(m): 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
Saying RIP and moving on is not proper. Souls just perished like that due to negligence and non conformity with safety rules.
People need to be trained on safety rules.
Wainey:
Just say RIP and move on abeg.
U go explain tire.

Nigerians are not known to be safety conscious
No be still in this same Nigeria that people build shops under high tensions?
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by TheMaharajah: 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Though it is not suicide but it is suicide.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Drsmartphilips: 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
trying to install all eyes on judiciary
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by otokx(m): 6:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Certified illiteracy is endemic in Nigeria.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
Okoroawusa:
I hope they were not the ones that installed that useless "All Eyes on the judiciary" in Benin?
Did the story mention that.??

Why are you accusing them wrongly.??
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Sanctecosma(m): 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
A case of unsafe act and unsafe condition coupled with using wrong people for the right job.

RIP to the dead.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Emmanuel909090: 8:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Rip to the dead, it's a pity
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Franzinni: 9:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
Melonsmasher:

Shebi they should sue the high tension that they failed to avoid, abi sue the church that authorized them where the bill board should be mounted?
who owns the bill board ?
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by mdntiri(m): 9:41pm On Aug 22, 2023
9jatriot:
Is that not 11KV (high tension) that I am seeing there?

Just to put things in perspective for people. The normal voltage in your house that can kill is around 220V, now these guys were exposed to 11,000V.

That is instant death na... I do not want to imagine how their last moments were like.

Are the wires not insulated? Why should they cause a shock when they come in contact with a metal?
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by manchyme: 10:34pm On Aug 22, 2023
Iamcrazy:
It's not new that I'm not going to end the world. The idea by which the world will continue to exist is the only reason why many more things will happen. Terrible things, interesting things, all these are the result of their improvement and update of their wisdom and understanding. I will make them destroyed themselves by thier wisdom and inventions. They have tried so well that believe we reason alike and I'm been depriving them of becoming like me. Of trees could talk, humans will understand how useless and cruel that are. Some animals always thank God when they remember the kind of creature human beings are. Nigerians especially is one the hell on earth.

Careful, you might run mad someday
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by 9jatriot(m): 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
No, they are not insulated. That is why they are kept high above the ground.

mdntiri:

Are the wires not insulated? Why should they cause a shock when they come in contact with a metal?
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ilekokonit: 11:26pm On Aug 22, 2023
Their families should sue the new generation church or the company that directly gave them the job for vicarious liability.
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by Versal: 1:36am On Aug 23, 2023
Black man! so stupid. So, none of them saw the high tension wire there...
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Everything is about survival. So unconscious
White man will never get near a high tension.
Una own na survival survival
some even think that electrocution no de again cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Five Billboard Installers Electrocuted To Death In Port Harcourt (Photos) by mdntiri(m): 11:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
9jatriot:
No, they are not insulated. That is why they are kept high above the ground.

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Got Ruthlessly Harassed By Police This Night For Holding Vega 100 / Port Harcourt Soot Is No Joke Anymore. Let’s Call For Help!! FG, SG And LG � / 400 Level UNILORIN Student Commits Suicide After Two Failed Attempts (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.