Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,176 members, 7,815,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Why You Should Pay More Attention To Your CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why You Should Pay More Attention To Your CV (119 Views)

Hustles In Nigeria That Pay More Than Some White Collar Jobs / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV / Why Recruiters Are Deleting Your CV On Sight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Pay More Attention To Your CV by KaideeGee(m): 11:59pm On Aug 21, 2023
"Embarking on a Journey: Revealing the Magic of Crafting Your Ideal CV."

Hello, fellow job seekers! As a career consultant who has successfully negotiated the ups and downs of the business world, I'm excited to reveal the alluring significance of developing a CV that truly stands out. So let's start this magical journey together by grabbing a cup of coffee.

1. Your CV: A Snapshot of Your Narrative
Consider your resume as your own story if you've ever been enthralled by a good one. Writing down the chapters of your professional journey is similar to creating your CV. I can still see the days when my resume was just a list of positions; however, once I started adding my personality and passion to it, doors started to open.

2. Moment of Magic: That First Impression
Picture yourself entering a lavish ballroom with everyone looking at you. Your resume is your entry pass to the ballroom. It's at this point that recruiters will quickly scan your application and determine whether you will be their "dance partner.". I had to learn the hard way the importance of that first impression when I first started my career. My updated CV gave me the opportunity to make a good first impression and opened doors I never thought possible.

3. Making a Personal Brand: Unveiling Your True Self.
Recall that you are more than just a name on a piece of paper; you are a singular combination of abilities, experiences, and aspirations. I first experienced the power of authenticity when I began tailoring my CV for each position and incorporating facets of my personality. Your personal brand acts as a spell that draws people in and makes you memorable.

4. Enchanted by Accomplishments, Not Just Roles
Anyone can play a part, but accomplishments add the sparkle. I remember the exact moment when I turned my to-do list into a display of my accomplishments. Numbers, percentages, and examples of how I had an impact made my resume stand out in the eyes of potential employers.

5. The Digital Enchanted Forest Navigation
Understanding the digital sphere is crucial in a world of algorithms and keywords. It was difficult to tailor my CV to outperform the algorithms and stand out as a beacon in the digital forest. However, as soon as I figured out the code, my CV began showing up in the right searches, which led to the opening of previously closed doors.

6. How to Face Your Fears in an Interview.
My dragons to slay in the past were job interviews. However, I later understood that interviews are simply conversations in which you can share your story. My relatability and humanity increased as a result of sharing my experiences, both successes and failures. It was similar to facing those dragons with an authentic sword.

7. Claim Your Worth: The Elixir of Negotiation.
Ah, negotiations—the key to obtaining your just rewards. I still recall the excitement of negotiating my pay and benefits and becoming aware of my ability to control my own course in life. It's not just about the numbers; you also need to know your worth and know how to assert it when you ask for it.

8. Using Online Portfolios to Cast Spells.
Online portfolios are comparable to casting spells that enchant employers in the current digital era. A journey of self-discovery led me to develop my own portfolio. It is a reflection of who I am because I put all of my projects, passions, and personality into it. It developed into my own personal online space where I could demonstrate my magic.

9. The Search for a New Realm: Changing Careers.
It felt like setting out on an epic journey when I changed careers. My dreams were from another world, but I had abilities from one. However, I mastered the art of crafting a tale that demonstrated my adaptability and the priceless lessons I had learned along the way. I can demonstrate that I was prepared for a new adventure by using a sword of versatility.

10. Leaving Footprints: The Magic of Personal Branding.
Your online presence is similar to making sandprints.
I came to understand that I was leaving a legacy as I developed my personal brand by sharing my perspectives, experiences, and guidance. Opportunities came my way as a result of how well-known and authentically skilled I was.

So, fellow job seekers, keep in mind that writing your CV requires more than just words on paper. In order to tell your story, make connections, and open doors, you must create a magical document. Accept your individuality, inject your passion, and let your resume be the magic wand that summons opportunities beyond your wildest expectations. Let's move on to your next enchanted journey.

If you are interested in Creating your professional CV at a giveaway price of 3k, Chat us up on WhatsApp (08121661458). Hurry while offer still lasts.

(1) (Reply)

Senior Public Relations And Communications Officer Job At Afrilabs / Home Online Adult Education Tutor Required In Lagos / Bakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.