Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days (49460 Views)

Police Arrest Grandmother For Locking Up Her 3 Grandchildren In Lagos / Living With The Guilt Of Abortion / Woman Wakes Her Husband Up With N500k On His Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by PastorFire4Fire: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2023
maasoap:

That's exactly what he needed grin grin grin

And that is exactly the start of a journey to a broken home.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Anonymoususher: 10:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
You did right by arresting him

Seee I am a guy ooo but I detest men that do that. I never saw my dad hit my mom for one day and once of it all, we lost our sister to an abusive husband.

We kept begging her to leave that Bastard but she refused until he sucked the life out of her.

We couldn't do anything because his family is high and mighty.

So you did very well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by agrovick(m): 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
We Nigerian men are never beating the allegations, dude has no job the least he could do is make life easier for his wife by helping around the house since she is working but he is going around drinking like a fish.

Surprisingly we see someone like this poster trying to downplay the wife's impact, I wonder what your comment will be in a scenario where he wife is not doing the traditional home caring role while the husband works

Dogalmighty17:
You arrested and lucked up your husband for 2 days? No one is dumb here ma. No right thinking woman just suddenly locks up her husband. Was there food in the kitchen for him when he came home? Did you cook for yourself and just the children?

There are other crises resolution and mediation channels available to resolve issues within spouses. Did you explore any of them?

You most probably had nurtured this thought of locking your husband up for a while. You also most probably have mocked him in your actions and your words.

Madam, you don buy market o! I assure you of this, your husband will never forgive you. The day that man gets a job and finds his feet you will be the one begging for divorce.

I am not making excuses for him. Your husband is going through serious depression. No man wants to not be able to provide for his family. The present economy doesn't help at all. You could have handled the situation better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Verysmart101: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2023
Samantha124:
I'm sorry to say this, but your husband is childish.

If he was my husband and he starts emotionally blackmailing me like that by refusing to leave those police cells... I was going to leave him there until the police kick him out, or until he decides to leave.

As long as I'd have apologized to him and explained the reason why I got him arrested, I'd have left him there with his childish tantrums.

Maybe it's because I don't tolerate nonsense.

For Ur mind it's easier said right.U will realise Ur a human trust me in no distant time

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by malcom1X: 10:51pm On Aug 22, 2023
Damilolly:
OP, when he was beating you, you should have just taken the beaten and hoped for the best.

At least he didn't kill you. If he'd killed you and then is sentenced to prison for life the children would've been left to be orphans.

You've made that difficult now cos he knows you'll call the police if he turns violent again so his plan is scuttled. So what is he to do??

You've chosen you and your children's safety and maintaining law and order in the society over allowing him test how good a punching bag you are. Maybe disconnect the phone and ask him to re-do the exercise.

The man wanted sex and she has been refusing hkm sex.
It was a fight because she knew what the man wanted and she refused.

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by malcom1X: 10:52pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ensa777:

What if he had killed her?you think she too isn't depressed.You think she's taking her duty and her man's primary duty happily?

Madam,stop apologizing and ignore him.What you did was to send a message to his drunken head.He won't try it next time.
Whereas other men will seek solution to their joblessness,he's here compounding the problem.
Buru ogbenye buru amusu grin

Why are you commenting this way?

Are you married?
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by BennyDGreat: 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Samantha124:
But it's okay for her husband to take action out of anger? Okay.

Don't get me wrong. The man was under influence of alcohol and can never behave in a rational way.

No matter what's done now, only God can restore her marriage because it's a very slippery affair at the moment
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by acevic: 10:53pm On Aug 22, 2023
Person wey kpai no dey write thread.
Don’t wait for your husband to kill you before una try set things straight as a family.
If he beat you and destroyed your belongings then you did no wrong getting him arrested.
If he’s angry for being arrested after beating you up then he needs some time away to reflect on himself and sort things out.
He’s just being egotistical and proud. If he’s a good man, he will come around. If not, then continue to live your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by agrovick(m): 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
If all you've said is the truth, don't ever feel bad for arresting him. If you can explore alternatives that help you keep your distance away from him else God forbid you end up being beaten to death.

Losing a job is not the end of the road but failing to help out at home while your wife works is crap behaviour.

Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

My husband lost his job two years ago and ever since he has been so reluctant on getting another.. not to brag but I can say I have been the one keeping the family going ever since the job incidence (not like I ever complained) .

What I noticed about him is he now drinks and smokes and he is always hissing (obviously he is not happy and I try to always console him just to elate his Spirit)

Fast forward to last two months.. I got back from work and I was very tired.. I had to go pick the kids from school , bathe them, feed them and to make matters worst I wasn't feeling too alright .. (when I got home he (my husband) wasn't at home)

When I was done with the kids and fixing the house I was so tired I thought to myself to take a lil nap that was how I slept off (and this was around 9pm) ..

He got back around 10pm obviously drunk and smelling like a skunk.. he went straight to the kitchen. That was how the whole problem started.. first was insult.. then my phone, smashed it on the ground later my clothes he started tearing them .. saying all those things he was destroying was why I was feeling untouchable that he knows I have male friends sleeping with me..

I tried securing my items so he doesn't destroy more things that was how he pounced on me..

The next day I got him arrested he spent two days there.. but now I feel so guilty... He doesn't talk to me anymore.. I have apologized times without number

I don't just know what to do...

Nb: even while he was there I was still taking food to him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkiee: 10:54pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
While you have been on all pages ranting on and on without paying half attention to Op's desires. Worst enemies indeed grin
You keep insinuating that OP's desire to have her marriage back means she now has to live as a punching bag in the marriage. I obviously disagree as I don't believe there exists any reality — or cultural excuse for that matter — where a sane woman who knows to call the cops when attacked, would consider settling into a toxic relationship as her only option. undecided
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
Stop lying just so you can paint the man as a victim, she arrested him because he was beating her up, not because he was suspecting her of cheating.

1. Would you have sex with a drunkard that reeks alcohol and doesn't bother helping around the house after you had a long day at work?

2. Would you be okay with your wife breaking your dishes and beating you up just because you didn't cook after a long day at work while she was at home doing nothing?

Stop lying just so you
malcom1X:

The husband lost his job, she refused him sex. You get the picture?

The husband now thinks she's cheating.. then she arrested the husband for two days...

The marriage is gone, she doesn't know.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by NoToPile: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
The same set of people who supported a Nairalander locking his wife up when she refused to report that her younger brother molested their daughter are the same people blaming the woman for locking up the violent husband.

Anyway na wetin some women eye they see for marriage be that.

Once you know you will always be at fault as a woman in this Naija you will have peace. It is never skew in your favor o matter how it's tossed.

See them awon Hypocrites gbogbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkiee: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ilekokonit:
He now sees you as capable of killing him 'cos a lot of men have been beaten to death in prisons by hardened criminals and convicted murderers and you also never know if he was sexually assaulted in prison or almost beaten to death in prison.
I have a friend in London who told his wife before marriage that the day she calls the cops on him is the day the marriage will end because he is quite stubborn and will not go with the police quietly and in the ensuing struggle, they may end up breaking his neck or killing him in custody and he also told her that for her to call the cops to arrest, handcuff and bundle him down and out in front of his kids means that there is no way he will continue in that marriage as to do otherwise would be to set a bad example for his son in what he should tolerate.
Your only option is to get someone from your family that he respects to plead with him on your behalf 'cos if you try telling his family, they will blame you for jailing their son.On another level for him to feel that its your phone or nice clothes that were making you feel untouchable, there may be something about the way you argue with him or look down or talk down to him that is making him feel less of a man. If so, please make amends IF you still want the marriage.
Hogwash! undecided
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by PrettyRX: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2023
Don't let his emotional blackmail make you feel guilty. What if he smashed your head, for him to be that violent he could have used a knife on you. What you did was right to defend yourself and children.
If you didn't do that, no amount of family meeting will change him, because even the family will still blame you for his actions (patriarchy).

If you still want the marriage, give him space for sometime then seek counselling from a professional (not pastors or family). Pls be safe, life first before MRS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Styluss: 10:58pm On Aug 22, 2023
No, Femicide cases is low in Nigeria because they dont end up dead. We are not killers and not so many couples engage in domestic violence. Marriages are still sacred and respected in most of the regions over here. My babe do not believe in marriage either, it begs for concern if marriage is even necessary in SA.

Samantha124:
I like the fact that you said if it's worth reporting, because most of you guys don't see GBV as worth reporting there... It's a normal thing for you guys.

Your women die in silence everyday because it's not worth reporting.

Of course femicide cases would be low in your country because you don't see it as WORTH REPORTING!!!

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by donborg(m): 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

My husband lost his job two years ago and ever since he has been so reluctant on getting another.. not to brag but I can say I have been the one keeping the family going ever since the job incidence (not like I ever complained) .

What I noticed about him is he now drinks and smokes and he is always hissing (obviously he is not happy and I try to always console him just to elate his Spirit)

Fast forward to last two months.. I got back from work and I was very tired.. I had to go pick the kids from school , bathe them, feed them and to make matters worst I wasn't feeling too alright .. (when I got home he (my husband) wasn't at home)

When I was done with the kids and fixing the house I was so tired I thought to myself to take a lil nap that was how I slept off (and this was around 9pm) ..

He got back around 10pm obviously drunk and smelling like a skunk.. he went straight to the kitchen. That was how the whole problem started.. first was insult.. then my phone, smashed it on the ground later my clothes he started tearing them .. saying all those things he was destroying was why I was feeling untouchable that he knows I have male friends sleeping with me..

I tried securing my items so he doesn't destroy more things that was how he pounced on me..

The next day I got him arrested he spent two days there.. but now I feel so guilty... He doesn't talk to me anymore.. I have apologized times without number

After arresting him, you shouldn't have begged him. You should have demanded he apologized to you and signed a letter of undertaking not to touch you. Then you leave the house for him for sometime till he comes and beggs you to come back to the house..

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
If she leaves that house, the husband would have nowhere else to go because she's the one paying for rent.

Would you prefer that she leaves the house so that the husband will end up living under the bridge?
Verysmart101:

Oh my goodness.I thought u were so matured until u wrote this shit.How can u arrest Ur own husband and u still live with him in the same house? Aren't u intelligent at all? She admitted the man did wat he did on the influence of alcohol and u open mouth waaaa dey cap nonsense from Ur empty brain.Shame on u honestly

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by malcom1X: 11:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
if paradventure you found a friend or sister in Op situation willing to sacrifice everything all in the name of marriage to an irresponsible man. I expected you to talk her out of it. She doesn't deserve to be in that mess called marriage

So now for person to loose his job shows he's irresponsible?

Like he decided to loose his job?

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 11:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Femicide cases are low there because your families see reporting them as a thing of shame... The same way you guys are bashing the op for reporting her husband for GBV.

If you guys are not killers, then how come I see cases of Nigerian women being killed by their boyfriends and husbands on this forum almost everyday?

In your country it's even worse because even single ladies get used for rituals, while others get abducted and forced into marriages.
Styluss:
No, Femicide cases is low in Nigeria because they dont end up dead. We are not killers and not so many couples engage in domestic violence. Marriages are still sacred and respected in most of the regions over here. My babe do not believe in marriage either, it begs for concern if marriage is even necessary in SA.

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by agrovick(m): 11:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
What if the wife died during this beating episode, would you have made this same comment?

Yes, he is going through stuff because of his current situation, does that warrant him beating his wife

dreamxhaser:

You think it's easy

The man was going through a lot. I've seen young boys passing through family issues start taking drugs not to talk of a grown man who lost his job.

Do you know what the community must have been saying and treated him?

You are not nice with your comment, neither is his wife that locked him up. From her story, she's obviously a good wife, but she got it wrong at that point. Just because she's been good dosen't mean we should overlook the bad she did.

Dammm, that man might never forget this. I am certain the moment he gets his shit right (which he eventually will) he will remind her of this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
You keep insinuating that OP's desire to have her marriage back means she now has to live as a punching bag in the marriage. I obviously disagree as I don't believe there exists any reality — or cultural excuse for that matter — where a sane woman who knows to call the cops when attacked, would consider settling into a toxic relationship as her only option. undecided
You see where you got it all wrong. I really hate it when people throw tantrums on baseless assumptions. Is this all you can deduce from all my posts? grin oh lawd!

Are you saying Op should keep on arresting her husband if she wants to remain married?

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Ilekokonit: 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by litaninja(m): 11:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Very good. This is one side of the story.

Let us all wait for the other side. Mr. Husband, please get on NL and provide this.

Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hiding behind alcohol is not an excuse.

If he really was remorseful, he'd have apologized to her instead of using emotional blackmail afterwards.

Or are you going to tell me that he was also under the influence of alcohol when he started emotionally blackmailing her?
BennyDGreat:

Don't get me wrong. The man was under influence of alcohol and can never behave in a rational way.

No matter what's done now, only God can restore her marriage because it's a very slippery affair at the moment

1 Like

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Nobody: 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
You're right, I am a human and not a punching bag.
Verysmart101:

For Ur mind it's easier said right.U will realise Ur a human trust me in no distant time
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Christian07(m): 11:11pm On Aug 22, 2023
Things dey happen sha..all of this happened real fast
I pray things are settled to normal

Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Verysmart101: 11:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:

This your comment is really unfair...

This has nothing to do with his financial status.. for two years i tried everything within my strength to make him not feel like he was jobless.. at a point i connected him to a job but he turned it down cos he feels that position is too low for him..

But thanks for your contributions

Madam i hope u don't nag or insult him because of his condition? Cos women broke shaming or nagging at their husbands mostly pushes them into taking alcohol to avoid over-thinking. Well Ur husband will be more desperate to make it than ever before because the line was crossed.U need patience cos he will never forget wat happend trust me.I pray he will forgive you if he gets back to his feet because this thing really hurts his ego.Keep showing him u are truely remoseful so he would calm down.He would be fine it's just time
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Kobojunkiee: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Persephone1:
You see where you got it all wrong. I really hate it when people throw tantrums on baseless assumptions. Is this all you can deduce from all my posts? grin oh lawd! Are you saying Op should keep on arresting her husband if she wants to remain married?
Clearly, you did not grasp my response at all. undecided

Again, you keep insinuating that OP's desire to have her marriage back means she now has to live as a punching bag in the marriage. I obviously disagree as I don't believe there exists any reality — or cultural excuse for that matter — where a sane woman who knows to call the cops when attacked, would consider settling into a toxic relationship as her only option. undecided
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by lawrenzooo: 11:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So, the man could not have at least helped out his wife at home who had been playing superwoman all the two years he was without work. Na beer parlor him know to make connections for? undecided
I didn't at any point say he should not help, don't quote me out of context. the comment I quoted implied that he still had money to go and drink which might not be the case
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Verysmart101: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
UnfairLife7:
rather put, the man has lost a precious woman who fed him for two years without his penny. Even if the man become billionaire today he can't find someone like Op.

Keep quiet there. U talk as if you are God. The kind of fake confidence u all exhibit is alarming. He lost a woman who arrests husbands at will period
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by MuMuOnBail: 11:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
Na wa ooo

The day that any jobless Igbo-smoking, Cocaine sniffing drunkard husband lay his stupid hands on any female member of my family he should type his Will and laminate his death certificate.

Only weak men lay their hands on a woman. No matter the situation. Women are naturally p*ussies so beating them make you a p*ussy too.

Just few days ago, A lady was foolishly killed by her husband for what? Because She saved her father's phone number as 'MY LOVE'. Mumu provoke, beat im wife kill!

You did right arresting that Fool. If he refuse to leave the police station, let him die there.

You are better off without him and I promise you, we have better, long and muscular d*cks with veins here in NL that will service and also pamper you better with money too.
Re: The Guilt Of Locking My Husband Up For Two Days by Mercury12(m): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2023
Verokeena:
Good afternoon Nl family
Please pardon my epistle

forget about your marriage it has officially ended in his mind. He just need to get a new job and either show you the door or move out to go live with another woman. Mind you did did accused you of cheating.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (39) (Reply)

Which Is The Happiest Day In A Woman's Life? / Bank Manager Impregnates Mother, Daughter In Delta / Una Wey Una Mama No Born Plenty Pikin No Know Wetin God Do For Una.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.