Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Suicide Is Not The Way Out - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Suicide Is Not The Way Out (146 Views)

Is IVF The Only Way Out??? (A Must Read) / "Mummy Calm Down" - Boy Negotiates His Way Out Of Beating By His Mother / I Know They Say Suicide Is Not An Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Suicide Is Not The Way Out by Cheeryfeet: 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Hello all. How are you doing. I have been on this Nairaland family for years but have always been a comment reader with my popcorn 😁 and I can say it's been fun. The good the bad and the very ugly I can say are all here.

Anyways I have a focus today, I want to speak to someone, anyone who might be going through depression, anxiety, worry, fears or burdens, or even debt. I want to say to you to just hold on, keep believing no matter what the situation may seem like. Anyone who is alive has a chance of coming out strong.
Suicide is not, cannot, can never be a way out. It has never been and it will never be.
What ever it is you are facing currently I want to give you a guarantee that one day some day it will suddenly be over, will there be scars? Yes, will there be pains? Yes. Will there be shame, humiliation, disappointments, betrayals, abandonment? Yes and yes. You will lose friends, family, companions, etc. But it's better to lose them than to lose your self.
Do not give up on you.
I was heavily indebted ( still in) addicted to gambling, reckless financial management, selling things I should not have sold, misappropriated monies entrusted to me, climaxed with owing over 25 online loan apps. Owing family and friends everywhere. Finally D-Day came, it all came calling, loan apps started harassing me , threatening me, friends came for their money, family came haunting also, sold our church bus, it was discovered, to top it all, loan apps started sending fraudulent messages to my contacts, not one loan app but multiple. With pictures and all. I thought I would die. I kept contemplating suicide. Was living in shame, the world became gloomy. Everyone got a text, parents, pastors, landlord, children's teacher, friends, former classmates, neighbors etc, no where to hide. It was terrible.
But something happened. One day after I just got another message from the loan app embarrassment, a thought suddenly came to me, "that these blows( embarrassing texts) will keep coming, but someday, it will suddenly stop. So it's now your ability to endure the punch while it comes and wait it out till it's over". I got strength from that thought process, so as the next texts were coming, I braced for impact and that was how my recovery journey started, and I began to pay few of the loans, suddenly the texts stopped.
It all sized. Am I still owing them? Yes. Am I paying back yes. It's a recovery process. I lost a lot of people but I have found peace with God. My desire is to encourage someone. Don't give up. You will be fine.
Cherry feet

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Look What I Saw Inside The Shoe Dye I Bought / Percentage Of College Relationships That End In Marriage / Long Sleeve Wedding Dresses: A Timeless Classic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.