Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos (1049 Views)

KSU Fresh Graduate Killed By Cow Few Days After His Pictures Went Viral (pics) / A Pure Water Seller Signs On A Fresh Graduate's Shirt (Photo) / Fresh Graduate Wore "Cheated In Every Exam" T-shirt (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by Msntv: 9:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
Pius Kaire, a recent graduate of the department of Combined Biological Sciences, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, dies after an attack by highway robbers on the outskirts of Markurdi, while traveling with a group of people.
https://myschoolnews.ng/uploads/images/202308/image_750x_64e4ef1452d5c.jpg

In a Press release by the Central executive Council of The Sowers, it was revealed that the incident took place on the 19th of August, 2023 at approximately 11:40pm as a group of seven who from Enugu, were on their way to their annual Church program to be held in Jos.

The criminals who disguised as police men flagged down the vehicle and attacked, forcefully taking away their phones, money and other valuable possession.

After the incident, Miss Kaire was found lying in a pool of her own blood having sustained a neck wound which left her in an unconscious state. She was rushed to the hospital to receive immediate medical attention which was unsuccessful due to failed power supply. She was subsequently transferred to two other hospitals but her life could not be saved as she was confirmed dead by one of the doctors.

The report added that the family of the deceased have been informed about the saddening news of their daughter's death, provisions have also been made to offer financial assistance to Kaire's family and that of the others who were involved in the incident. The Central Executive Council of the House of Sowers, offered to sponsor the expenses for the burial.

As at the time of this report, the Sowers awaits feedback from the family as regards the burial arrangements. They encouraged the parents of the deceased asking them to remain steadfast in their faith. The council also promised that the church will honour Kaire by ensuring full participation in the burial proceedings and also ensure a fitting farewell.
SOUREC: https://myschoolnews.ng/unn-fresh-graduate-attacked-killed-en-route-to-jos

Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by id4sho(m): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2023
Sad one
Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by crossfm: 6:40am On Aug 23, 2023
Nigeria just happened to her.

Benue state is now the den of death.

The level of insecurity in Benue state is alarming,I wonder why attention is no been given to that state.

It seems the life of Benue people doesn't matter to the federal government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by Samsunny99: 7:23am On Aug 23, 2023
What a country
No where is save
Travelling is now a deadly risk
Living becoming a heavy task
Nigeria Nigeria Nigeria
You will never happen to me
Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by AroOkigbo(m): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2023
Did I just read 11:40 pm?? shocked
Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by Nemesis0147(m): 8:22am On Aug 23, 2023
AroOkigbo:
Did I just read 11:40 pm?? shocked
na make you see risk wey people dy take.
How can you be on that route by that time?
Benue of all places…I’m sure the accident happened in that otukpo to makudi death trap or alade that they call highway….I dy dread if I dy pass there during day time sef…no be!

2 Likes

Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by Baronthecelebri: 8:28am On Aug 23, 2023
Wahala
Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by Cjizzy(m): 11:01am On Aug 23, 2023
11:40pm?
Why would they take such risk?
I mean its risky travelling that route in the day how much more at night.
RIP to the dead and my heartfelt condolences to her loved ones

1 Like

Re: UNN Fresh Graduate Attacked, Killed En Route To Jos by DonBenny77(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2023
Some deaths are avoidable. How can you travel interstate at almost midnight considering the insecurity in this country?
They would say it's a religious program so nothing can go wrong.
Make una try dey get sense

(1) (Reply)

Not Yet Gotten Admission?: This Is A Chance / Hmnn: Nigerian Lecturers / Effect Of Chloroquine On Liver Enzymes And Serum Creatinine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.