Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja (37111 Views)

Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking / Kwara Bans Street Campaigns, Rallies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Islie: 7:03am On Aug 23, 2023
People Selling Corn, Others In Abuja Are Responsible For Insecurity In Nigeria's Capital —FCT Minister, Wike

He said Abuja should be kept clean, adding, "If you are in charge of sanitation, will call you at any time of the day.

The Minister of Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has announced a ban on street trading in Abuja, saying that people who sell corn and engage in other street hawking are responsible for insecurity and criminalities in the nation’s capital city.

Wike, the immediate past governor of Rivers State, made the announcement on Tuesday while reading the management staff of the Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) and Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) the riot act.

He urged them to be committed to doing the "right things".

"The important thing we must do is to ensure that Abuja is back to what it ought to be. I moved around Abuja and found out there is total darkness in most of the places.

"What we need to do is to ensure light comes back as soon as possible.”

He said Abuja should be kept clean, adding, "If you are in charge of sanitation, will call you at any time of the day.

“We shouldn’t allow motor parks all over the place. Something must be done as soon as possible. If you cannot meet up my standard, say it now so that we can change you."

Wike noted that even though times are hard, that should not be an excuse for lawlessness in the capital city.

He said, "Street trading is prohibited. People selling corn will drop their waste indiscriminately and these are the things that cause insecurity,l. Criminals come to buy and use the opportunity to spy and give information to criminals. It is imperative we clear street hawkers.

“Development control is a serious crisis area, we have to stop. Why are there illegal structures and shanties everywhere? We will demolish any illegal structures. No matter how highly placed, the structure will come down.”

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/22/people-selling-corn-others-abuja-are-responsible-insecurity-nigerias-capital-fct

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by helinues: 7:07am On Aug 23, 2023
Only if this is not a twisted article, SR can deliberately be a joke sometimes

141 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by AdaojoTheUrchin: 7:09am On Aug 23, 2023
The spirit wey dey pursue you to kill will continue to push you to step on toes.

You are bloody Southerner and will be dealt with soon. Arewa no kuku like you before. You go soon turn to orphan.. grin

53 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by TemplarLandry: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2023
smiley
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by turmacs(f): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:
The spirit wey dey pursue you to kill will continue to push you to step on toes.

You are bloody Southerner and will be dealt with soon. Arewa no kuku like you before. You go soon turn to orphan.. grin
You think sey na by all these one's, he will thoroughly deal with your nonsenses there..weda una like am or not.. It's like you don't know who wike is. you think he is your average southerner... when he is done with you people, that civilization you have refused to accept up North, you guys will begin to champion it. tongue

276 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by patrislayqueen: 7:12am On Aug 23, 2023
They never see me coming grin

Meanwhile, GAS CARBURETOR CONVERTER is still much available...15k only for today Pay on delivery.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by UmehzEmmanuel(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2023
I love office holders who walk the talk and seek to sanitize whatever system they find themselves in.

But Wike is already on a leash with his monumental acts of corrupt practices and abuse of office.

A typical toothless political bulldog.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by callmevirus(m): 7:12am On Aug 23, 2023
Very good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Yousuph007(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2023
The leader of colos association of Africa 😂

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by FuckTheMod: 7:13am On Aug 23, 2023
grin

No nonsense Wicked WIKE grin grin grin

Wike should have been given defence minister grin

or

Power (electricity) minister.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by EnglishUsa: 7:13am On Aug 23, 2023
Buhari's house in Abuja this morning

32 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Umueme: 7:13am On Aug 23, 2023
Nice

Wicked Wike will work in Abuja. He has hit the ground running. Which is more than we can say for some people

maticar:

Hit the ground running?
By making some statements is hitting the ground?
Tinumbu made same and see as una dey suffer already

Una dey suffer? You suffering doesn't mean we all are. Carry your suffering alone oga. I'm not a tinubu supporter though so don't cross me this morning

16 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by fasho01(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2023
Chai.. So soon? Like your boss said let the poor breathe please Mr Wike

3 Likes

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by nkemoma(m): 7:13am On Aug 23, 2023
Government of the clowns, for the clowns and by the clowns.

They'll just wake up and take 1 drastic decision, not minding its immediate effect.. that is how one punk at his inauguration belted out like a goat .. subsidy is gonnnnne... Now see the ripple effect..

My advise... Brace up cos crime is going to be on the increase the Ember period.

Avoid late nights and move in groups if you can

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Wainey: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
Wike will soon ban everyone in Abuja

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by ideatoprince18(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
May Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja favor me and my family

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by wittywriter: 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
As e dey hot by DJ busy body wike-d on the beat.

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Yibo(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
This is purely targeted to Ibos

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by PortHarcourtcit(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
ABUJA DaDDY 001, some people with RED CAP chiefs will be running kitikiti-katakata by now... Yen yen yen Bla Bla Bla dem say ABUJA no be Rivers state... How they try to console there selves with conspiracy theories is legendary... Tueh tufiakwa... Dem say Nigeria na unity begers yet they want Ikwerre land by fire by thunder... Ipob terrorists and there sympathizers must be flushed out completely because they are virus in my beloved country 🇳🇬❤️🇳🇬
Demolishion man DADDY WIKS is coming IPOB miscreants run run run... I love NIGERIA 🇳🇬❤️✌️

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by seunlayi(m): 7:14am On Aug 23, 2023
The Beginning of the Downfall of Wike - Part. 1

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Ceasarceasar: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Why do u guys worshipped northerners?

This is disgusting honestly

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by BulabaPowder: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
Introducing ogogoro to Abuja.

Gworo teeth must kwere

Road side corn dey bring insecurities ne ?

Ok

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by verybadmouth(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
Confused people will complain now

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by pTomz(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
He no for like calm down fess?
Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Anthony0094(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
even people wey day sell agbado? 😄😄😄

e go favour me and my family grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by seunlayi(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
Wike is making people see why he can't ever be Nigeria president . He is trying to punish abuja out reply for not voting for his master

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Postinor: 7:15am On Aug 23, 2023
Wike the killer of ipob pigs,ride on, anything to make the children of hate and perdition weep is accepted

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by Googledotcom: 7:16am On Aug 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

didn't you vote for APC ? Why come here to complain ?

1 Like

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by phorget(m): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2023
😀

Why did he mention only agbado sellers, I hope this wont get some people offended?😎

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by FuckTheMod: 7:16am On Aug 23, 2023
AdaojoTheUrchin:

Or deh
What's this one saying?
Na Arewa get Abuja? Or na Arewa get Nigeria?

If Arewas don't like him, he doesn't like nor give a Fucƙ about them too.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja by obembet(f): 7:16am On Aug 23, 2023
Work don start grin

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Arraign Whistle-Blower Over False Information On Ekweremadu's House / Oshiomhole’s Mother: I Advised My Son To Marry A Foreigner / Ex-CSO, Obua, At National Hospital Critically Ill (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.