Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:30 AM

Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan (16308 Views)

KAI Seizes Yams, Peppers From Traders Running Illegal Markets In Magodo (VIDEO) / Wike Bans Street Trading And Hawking In Abuja / Akwa Ibom Government Bans Street & Trafic Light Hawking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by NkanAkpanika: 11:37am On Jan 25, 2021
Akwa Ibom urges street traders, illegal markets to relocate to designated places.
Akwa Ibom State Government has advised all Street traders and operators of illegal markets especially around the plaza area, and other highbrow areas to relocate to designated trading places on or before February 1, 2021, or be prepared to face the wrath of the law.

The Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Charles Udoh who announced this weekend in a statement made available to newsmen in Uyo, noted that activities of Street traders and illegal markets impede the free flow of traffic and expose traders and the general public to road hazards.

Udoh explained that the eradication of street trading in the UCC was a key component of the recently approved Environmental Beautification Policy for the UCC.

READ ALSO: Delta approves over N1.260bn for roads reconstruction, rehabilitation
His words, “In line with Akwa Ibom State Government’s commitment to promoting a cleaner, hygienic and aesthetically resplendent environment, the Ministry of Environment is launching ‘Operation zero tolerance’ to street trading and illegal markets in the Uyo Capital City (UCC).

“The increasing wave of illegal activities of street traders, indiscriminate display of goods on road setbacks, walkways, and hawking on major roads; particularly around the Plaza Area, Wellington Bassey Road, Airport Road, Aka-Etinan Road junction and other highbrow areas in the metropolis has become a major cause for concern.

“These activities impede the free flow of traffic as well as expose traders and the general public to road hazards.

“Accordingly, all street traders, hawkers, and operators of illegal markets around the plaza area, airport road, Aka- Etinan junction, and other highbrow areas are advised to relocate to designated trading places on or before February 01, 2021, or be prepared to face the wrath of the law

The Commissioner noted that the announcement served as the last warning prelude to the enforcement of this order by the Enforcement team of the Ministry of Environment.

He said that the current administration was committed to “fast-tracking the vision of sustaining our state as an environmentally friendly and the preferred destination for tourists and investors. A beautiful environment starts with you. Let’s do it together”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2021/01/akwa-ibom-urges-street-traders-illegal-markets-to-relocate-to-designated-places/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by RedPanthar: 11:44am On Jan 25, 2021
The emergence of a new modern metropolitan, the new rising giant. Akwa ibom. Oga Udom we're seeing the foundation you're lying so far and know twits for the good of Akwaibomites and would spill to surrounding states, thus we thank you for.

While you pay utmost attention to infrastructural development please pay keen attention to human capital development as this is the real deal to phase out Street hawking. Akwa ibomites are in deep need for such strategic intervention.

While you carry out the phasing out Sir, I encourage you to apply utmost care and not be overly forceful as many of the low income earners trade majorly on credit and loans.

Lastly, even in Italy, Europe, there's Street hawking too. Pls do your research on this claim.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by NkanAkpanika: 12:11pm On Jan 25, 2021
RedPanthar:
The emergence of a new modern metropolitan, the new rising giant. Akwa ibom. Oga Udom we're seeing the foundation you're lying so far and know twits for the good of Akwaibomites and would spill to surrounding states, thus we thank you for.

While you pay utmost attention to infrastructural development please pay keen attention to human capital development as this is the real deal to phase out Street hawking. Akwa ibomites are in deep need for such strategic intervention.

While you carry out the phasing out Sir, I encourage you to apply utmost care and not be overly forceful as many of the low income earners trade majorly on credit and loans.

Lastly, even in Italy, Europe, there's Street hawking too. Pls do your research on this claim.
Spot on sir.
Lalasticlala FP

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Aconomist: 12:19pm On Jan 25, 2021
Great job Akwa Ibom. This was the strategy that made Rwanda so clean.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by NkanAkpanika: 12:21pm On Jan 25, 2021
Aconomist:
Great job Akwa Ibom. This was the strategy that made Rwanda so clean.
Yeah bro.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Sabadon(m): 12:31pm On Jan 25, 2021
Long overdue

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Timmyfemmy17: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
[quote][/quote]
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
hmmm u sure the scheme will still work
instead of them should be ban.. why not make life convenient for them by creating another alternative place for them

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by mosesbola(f): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
Goodmorning guys,

There's this WhatsApp TV ADELAW TV 08028346893 on my list that I have been following for sometime now.He claimed to trade Bitcoin.

I contacted him that I have some BTC for sale, he sent me his wallet and I transferred 630$ to his wallet and he refused replying my chats or picking my calls...

Anyone that knows him in person or have a reliable way of tracking this guy should contact me on 08122433431 I am ready to compensate you well..
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by chariisGRACE(m): 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
It's not about banning street hawking and the likes in Uyo metropolis...I hope an alternative will be provided for the traders that have been trading there before.

E be like say this Politicians them no understand wetin dey go on for street with the common man.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:32pm On Jan 25, 2021
The increasing wave of illegal activities of street traders, indiscriminate display of goods on road setbacks, walkways, and hawking on major roads; particularly around the Plaza Area, Wellington Bassey Road, Airport Road, Aka-Etinan Road junction and other highbrow areas in the metropolis has become a major cause for concern.
They should comply ASAP and don't turn this beautiful state to something else.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Abigirlsuen: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
Reporting from jail cells in SouthAfrica, Malaysia, Vietnam, Pakistan, India I very well know that DEVELOPERs are really developing the cells of these countries after being caught in all manners of despicable acts.
I don't know if ever their state government will ever orientate them in their notorious inglorious act that is causing the average Nigerians globally
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Risingblue008(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
F
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Valentizco: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
Yipa
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Omezif(m): 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
Good development but they should take it easy and carefully arrange things as they should be to avoid causing more hardship to the poors.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Saao(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2021
mosesbola:
Goodmorning guys,

There's this WhatsApp TV ADELAW TV 08028346893 on my list that I have been following for sometime now.He claimed to trade Bitcoin.

I contacted him that I have some BTC for sale, he sent me his wallet and I transferred 630$ to his wallet and he refused replying my chats or picking my calls...

Anyone that knows him in person or have a reliable way of tracking this guy should contact me on 08122433431 I am ready to compensate you well..
Jide Adelowo, why did you dropped your number? Acting like a woman?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Saao(m): 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
[quote author=Saao post=98426219] Jide Adelowo,
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by goshen26: 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
We want this in Lagos.

When you see the design of some roads on paper you will wonder when you visit same road live...

The Walk way designed with the road has been turned to okrika place

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by shankara7: 12:36pm On Jan 25, 2021
Street trading has always been illegal allover the country. The problem has always been enforcement.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by wellmax(m): 12:37pm On Jan 25, 2021
Akwa Ibom is still the main supplier of house girls in Nigeria.
Do something about it dear governor.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by NkanAkpanika: 12:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
Steaddii:
I pray this does not lead to crime
Definitely it won't.
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by PussyKing(m): 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2021
M
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by pocohantas(f): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
Turning to Lagos already.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by mosesbola(f): 12:41pm On Jan 25, 2021
Do you mean his name is jide adelowo?

Saao:
Jide Adelowo, why did you dropped your number? Acting like a woman?
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
Home Sweet home

No place like home

You're a king at home

If you're in Akwa Ibom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by ikorodureporta: 12:42pm On Jan 25, 2021
is it possible in Nigeria??
Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by berryPee(m): 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2021
Sai ami iya miss Akwa Abasi Ibom eti eti cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan by Okuda(m): 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
RedPanthar:

italy na country?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Won't Stop Criticizing Buhari – Fayose / Documents Counter Nigerian Army Denial Of Planned Deployment Of Troops In Gambia / Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.