Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,129 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full (63838 Views)

Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer / Many Nigerians Can No Longer Afford Beer - NB CEO, Hans Essaadi / Man Tells Chicken Seller To Cut The Wings Into 17 Pieces (Pix, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by iamtardey: 7:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
She’s doing better than our president
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by emmaodet: 7:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
adioolayi:
E don red finish!

Typical example of how powerful purchasing power is in price models for goods and services.

If you like, increase the prices of your commodities, saying price of PMS don increase...you will reach a level no one will buy...not because they don't need what you are selling...but because, they don't have that power to buy what you are selling.

In economics, it is called Alternative Forgone

A situation whereby people shy away from the main product and start demanding for the close substitute.
There is a price garri will get to, people will start shying away from it and won't see any problem in eating Amala, tuwo, fufu, semo.
Foreign rice becomes so expensive people start embracing local rice or beans or bread or yam or garri.
I remember when price of foreign vegetable oil and locally produced became so high, people started embracing my unbranded oil that I was struggling to sell on a good day due to lower price compared to the former

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Knetpro(m): 7:26pm On Aug 23, 2023
I do not blame them.

The economy is not smiling at all.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by GetSenseNow: 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
samuel9000:

Keep waiting for him to come and plant it for u......don't go and farm.

A lot of people are unable to farm because others who went were murdered in their farmlands by rampaging herdsmen. What have you to say about this?
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by occfx: 7:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
mdokaba1:
Considering the economic situation in the country, a roasted maize seller was spotted dividing a maize into half in order to sell to those who can not afford to buy a full maize, which sells for between 150 and 200 naira depending on the size.

Things are really tough for many.

The mama is a G... She understands jagaban. The jagaban tenure is really favoring her. Shege banza
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by occfx: 7:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Corn 150-200 smh. Modernization of agriculture must be prioritized for a nation with over 100M people

Fulani janjaweedds will just eliminate you in the farm. Let us tackle those idiots first... Ban all types of grazing and allow all man to carry weapons.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Stylz69(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
LOL

Una eye go see something!

I do not see a lot of posts from those patriots again!
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by tobstarizhia(m): 7:44pm On Aug 23, 2023
God! God! How many times did I call you! Why you send me come this monkey country? In fact, if you no send me go hell eh, e be like you go mad? I no Sha wan see your face at all for this life or the next. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Wodu89: 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2023
occfx:

Fulani janjaweedds will just eliminate you in the farm. Let us tackle those idiots first... Ban all types of grazing and allow all man to carry weapons.

Na. In the farm, I'm deadlier.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by poweredcom(m): 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Una never see anytim
N
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by CaptainFM1: 8:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
mdokaba1:
Considering the economic situation in the country, a roasted maize seller was spotted dividing a maize into half in order to sell to those who can not afford to buy a full maize, which sells for between 150 and 200 naira depending on the size.

Tinubunomics 101!
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
kokoA:
God bless her.. Country hard.

I know her, ₦50 for school children
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Babysho(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
adioolayi:
E don red finish!

Typical example of how powerful purchasing power is in price models for goods and services.

If you like, increase the prices of your commodities, saying price of PMS don increase...you will reach a level no one will buy...not because they don't need what you are selling...but because, they don't have that power to buy what you are selling.

Yahoo boys dey buy those inflated commodities steady. Na legal 9-5 workers dey hear am now
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by iamjavadem(m): 8:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
Exactly.
Judekenny:
I only see a typical business Woman

Please, We will Design a Professional Company Logo or Letterhead for Businesses for 2k only

pay on delivery
Drop us your Company name for your Logo
http://forms.gle/8RUuYNoiP91TARtu5
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Timmi: 8:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
mdokaba1:

I am quite sure you didn’t ask the woman and you just assume in order to justify your preconceived message. Even if she does, it’s a marketing strategy to sell her products. No need to wail over it.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by ufuosman(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nice one
Country hard
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by billyG(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Na by force to eat roasted agbado?popcorn no dey?
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Babysho(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Skyview01:
Why is food expensive in Nigeria?

We have good farm lands for farming and rain at the right season.

Can somebody tell me why farming is not prioritized in Nigeria?

Because there's oil money. They'll use it to buy food, thereby giving something that isn't special and grows everywhere in the world same value as oil. Is that not foolishness?

That was how one fool was arguing with me on here that he'd rather have us do oil than agriculture. I knew then that some Nigerians' bodies are moving faster than their brains due to the effects of colonialism.

The necessities of man is FOOD WATER and SHELTER not OIL. All over the world, countries get at least one or two right, maybe just some like the Nordic countries get all three right and it's no surprise these countries are the most peaceful in the world. When you have 2 or 3 of those necessities easily, everybody mind go rest. Na only Africa no get any one o.

Last necessity na air, thank God say e no dey our African leaders hand, na for museum white people for dey go look black people skeleton by now.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Streetdoctor: 8:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ozommadu:

Tinubu has destroyed this country and his never-do-well supporters are telling us to give him more 6months...to do what exactly??

Same brainless people that supported buhari for 8 wasted years, Tufiakwa
Really Brainless vagabonds

1 Like

Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Gagare1(m): 9:10pm On Aug 23, 2023
Bulk breaking. Common sales strategy.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by jimmyvic(m): 9:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wisdom
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Akharmony: 9:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
No we should go back to this era. . No this is very bad
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by pacehood(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
sapa nice lne
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by 7arrows: 9:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
mdokaba1:

Agbado republic
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Tonytonex(m): 9:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
mdokaba1:

That's a good business strategy
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by LOVEGINO(m): 9:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Even the agbado he promised to give his supporters and minions is no longer affordable
na time. Support ur nation.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Cantonese: 9:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
Oh oh oh my dear Nigeria. Under the eyes of the man who promised agbado, Nigerians cannot afford to purchase full corn of 100 naira. Una see wetin una wey vote APC cause. Anyway as for me and my family, no shaking.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Bimpe29: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
It's this bad, a roasted maize divided into a smaller part for those who can't buy the full maize. God send Your succour.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by emorse(m): 10:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Lifted07:
Ha! As funny as it may look, I pray it's not a foretaste of things to come for Nigeria. We warned you people Since 2014. But Nigeria has taught me in a hard way to mind my business - especially the way my tribesmen rooted for Tinubu in the name of our tribesman.
Let them enjoy their failing economy, my case is different!
Someone will label you IPOB for this bro. That's if they haven't done so already.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by emorse(m): 10:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Babysho:

Because there's oil money. They'll use it to buy food, thereby giving something that isn't special and grows everywhere in the world same value as oil. Is that not foolishness?

That was how one fool was arguing with me on here that he'd rather have us do oil than agriculture. I knew then that some Nigerians' bodies are moving faster than their brains due to the effects of colonialism.

The necessities of man is FOOD WATER and SHELTER not OIL. All over the world, countries get at least one or two right, maybe just some like the Nordic countries get all three right and it's no surprise these countries are the most peaceful in the world. When you have 2 or 3 of those necessities easily, everybody mind go rest. Na only Africa no get any one o.

Last necessity na air, thank God say e no dey our African leaders hand, na for museum white people for dey go look black people skeleton by now.
Oh dear cry cry cry cry cry
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by 1Dray(m): 10:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jedtam:
I'm very sure she has lot of children in that environment that patronize her. We had this during our time too. Nothing so serious.

Stop lying... This has never happened anywhere in Nigeria before.
Re: A Roaster Maize Seller Divides Maize In Half For Those Who Cannot Afford Full by Theophinio(m): 11:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Wodu89:
Corn 150-200 smh. Modernization of agriculture must be prioritized for a nation with over 100M people

You are in the spirit

With the right business techniques, you can rank in millions in turnover monthly under agro commodity sector

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Whale In Lagos(with Pics) / You Can Eat Only One Thing From This Plate / Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.