Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,173 members, 7,829,191 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles (820 Views)

Kalu Donates Security Vehicles To Police, Urges Nigerians To Embrace Farming / Zamfara Government Donates Security Vehicles To Niger Republic To Fight Banditry / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn1bSrT_nbw
Enugu winning war against insecurity, open for business, Mbah assures
By Lawrence Njoku (Enugu)

22 August 2023 | 5:48 pm

Governor of Enugu State, Dr. Peter Mbah, has expressed satisfaction with the successes recorded so far in the fight against insecurity in the state, assuring that Enugu was open and safe for business.
The Governor also said that Enugu had kicked the illegal sit-at-home out of the state, assuring that the state’s security initiative, the Distress Response Squad (DRS) and its complementary Command and Control Centre would further secure the state when fully launched in a few weeks.
[b]This was even as the new Commissioner of Police, CP, Enugu State Command, Kanayo Uzuegbu, unveiled the pilot scheme of the government’s DRS initiative, warning criminal elements to repent or meet their waterloo.
Governor Mbah spoke when he received the new CP, who was on both a familiarisation and working visit to the Government House, Enugu, on Tuesday.
He said: “The Distress Response Squad (DRS), which pilot scheme will be commissioned today, is going to house over a hundred very highly sophisticated and technologically equipped vehicles when fully launched.
“We are going to have security surveillance cameras installed in all the vehicles of the DRS. Those security surveillance cameras will have the capability of facial recognition and number plate recognition.
“We are already constructing the Command and Control Centre, which will be ready for commissioning in few weeks. The idea is that we are able to monitor from that location what is going on across our cities and across all the communities in the state.
“We are doing this in partnership with the police and this is a demonstration of the state’s commitment to supporting the police in fighting crime. And I want to assure you that we are going to continue in that trend to ensure that together we rid criminality out of our state”.[/b]
Mbah, while also aligning with the new CP’s resolve to rid the state of every criminal element, said the state was investing heavily in technology to prevent and solve crimes, and urged those still inclined to crimes to embrace the new order or be prepared to meet the penalty.
“I align with you completely in informing the criminals that there is no room for them, there is no bush for them, and there is no forest for them to hide in Enugu State. We must continue to make our state secure to attract investors. We are calling on our young people to understand that a venture in criminality is merchandise in doom. They must come out plain, repent, drop their weapons, and allow us to build a state where they will be gainfully employed”, he asserted.
The governor assured the CP of government’s total support, saying his administration would “provide all the required resources necessary for us to attain a peaceful and fully secure Enugu State”.
[b]Speaking, CP Uzuegbu said he had already noted the various axis and roads in the state challenged by insecurity, and assured the people of their security as he had since gone to work to consolidate on what had been achieved.
“My vision and mission here is to ensure that people here in this state will sleep with their two eyes closed. I know that this is a home of tourism; I want to assure you that visitors who are here for tourism will be safe. I want a state where the people will come here and do their businesses every day of the week, invest and create job opportunities for our teeming population. I want to have a state where there is a sense of belonging and unity in diversity. This is my motto, my vision and mission.
“I am a man of war. All perpetrators of all kinds of criminalities should repent of their sin or be ready to meet their waterloo. I want them to rethink and repent because under my watch, Enugu State will be very hot for them. I will deal ruthlessly with those who are ruthless to the state. This I can assure you”, he emphasised.[/b]

https://guardian.ng/news/enugu-winning-war-against-insecurity-open-for-business-mbah-assures/

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
Pictures

This Mba must be Agbaya.

Whatever happens to Innoson or OMAA vehicles and other Nigerian indigenous vehicle companies?.

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
More

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
More photos

Cc Nlfpmod Dominique Mynd44 OAM4J

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Ozommadu: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
Peter Mba seems like a leader with vision abi he dey do eye service??

But he stole someone's mandate undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ozommadu:
Peter Mba seems like a leader with vision abi he dey do eye service??

But he stole someone's mandate undecided
Why Hyundai?. Whatever happens to Innoson?. There's another vehicle manufacturing company in Enugu state I think OMAA vehicles, why not encourage them by patronizing them
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Racoon(m): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Leave that work for road safety. Another policy with duplicity of function. Multiple identity data bases with Nigerian government but these have never been harness for a national identity data base to contain the deteriorating widespread insecurity.

BVN-NIN-SIM linkage was supposed to help out but Nigeria have a government sympathetic to bandits, Fulani and BH terrorists. Use drone technology or AI, they are foot dragging.

Hence these guys simply had leeways to operate freely in the northern fringes of this contraption while the South was under siege. Who is deceiving who? Insecurity will be forgotten when Nigeria is ready to eradicate it.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Why won't naira slum further. Imagine the amount of dollars needed to import those vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Ozommadu: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2023
Supremos:
Why Hyundai?. Whatever happens to Innoson?. There's another vehicle manufacturing company in Enugu state I think OMAA vehicles, why not encourage them by patronizing them

I talk am, eye service...roads don finish for enugu wey he supposed build?

I can't wait for the rightful owner to have his mandate

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ozommadu:

I talk am, eye service...roads don finish for enugu wey he supposed build?

I can't wait for the rightful owner to have his mandate
That guy face dey annoy me 😂😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
Leave that work for road safety. Another policy with duplicity of function. Multiple identity data bases with Nigerian government but these have never been harness for a national identity data base to contain the deteriorating widespread insecurity.

BVN-NIN-SIM linkage was supposed to help out but Nigeria have a government sympathetic to bandits, Fulani and BH terrorists. Use drone technology or AI, they are foot dragging.

Hence these guys simply had leeways to operate freely in the northern fringes of this contraption while the South was under siege. Who is deceiving who? Insecurity will be forgotten when Nigeria is ready to eradicate it.
I agree with you. We have lots of unimplemented policies
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by GeneralPula: 4:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
Leave that work for road safety. Another policy with duplicity of function.
The Governor also said that Enugu had kicked the illegal sit-at-home out of the state, assuring that the state’s security initiative, the Distress Response Squad (DRS)

To you, as long as it’s not Lp, it’s not good..

He should leave a DRS issue for road safety?

Do you know what a Distress response squad is? No, you don’t! You’re far away from home!
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by fuckJones(f): 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
ipob will go down

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by yarimo(m): 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Supremos:
Pictures

This Mba must be Agbaya.

Whatever happens to Innoson or OMAA vehicles and other Nigerian indigenous vehicle companies?.

they all manufacture sub standard cars

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Racoon(m): 6:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
GeneralPula:
He should leave a DRS issue for road safety? Do you know what a Distress response squad is? No, you don’t! You’re far away from home!
What about the SARS that translate to SWAT? What happened to that body? There is the Mobile Police, Anti-Terrorism Squad @ Enugu GRA, State Operation God-knows-what; all under the same police and many array of government agencies but all useless! Multiplicity of the same government responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by GeneralPula: 6:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
What about the SARS that translate to SWAT? What happened to that body? There is the Mobile Police, Anti-Terrorism Squad @ Enugu GRA, State Operation God-knows-what; all under the same police and many array of government agencies but all useless! Multiplicity of the same government responsibility.
Jargons..

Is SARZ and Distress response squad of the same functions?

Don't you know as DRS is to Enugu, so is RRS to Lagos. Now is RRS & SARZ of the same security roles?

Go read about the roles of;
DRS
SARZ
Road safety.

Then you'll understand how far away you're from making any sense here..

How can you say state government should leave a DRS created for distress situation for road safety?
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by GeneralPula: 6:22pm On Aug 23, 2023
fuckJones:
ipob will go down
They’re already countering against it..
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 9:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
GeneralPula:

Jargons..

Is SARZ and Distress response squad of the same functions?

Don't you know as DRS is to Enugu, so is RRS to Lagos. Now is RRS & SARZ of the same security roles?

Go read about the roles of;
DRS
SARZ
Road safety.

Then you'll understand how far away you're from making any sense here..

How can you say state government should leave a DRS created for distress situation for road safety?
Don't mind that guy
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
Racoon:
DRS is a nice initiative, but I'm against the idea of buying foreign vehicles when naira is in a shamble
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Longinyamapucci(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2023
Good one
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by christejames(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Unfortunately, you will still leave the Lion's Building undecided

You can not come in through the window to start cleansing the room off impurities!
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Generalmystic: 5:21am On Aug 24, 2023
Nice initiative by a mandate thief

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Generalmystic: 5:23am On Aug 24, 2023
yarimo:
you what have you manufactured before?

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 5:33am On Aug 24, 2023
yarimo:
why do you always like writing rubbish

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 5:33am On Aug 24, 2023
Generalmystic:

Don't mind him

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Generalmystic: 5:36am On Aug 24, 2023
Supremos:
Don't mind him
Yarimo is a typical example of a hater

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by yarimo(m): 11:55am On Aug 24, 2023
Generalmystic:
Yarimo is a typical example of a hater
but I am not from the east grin grin grin if you know you know

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by yarimo(m): 11:56am On Aug 24, 2023
Supremos:
why do you always like writing rubbish
it's rubbish to you, but not rubbish to who can afford car.

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by yarimo(m): 11:57am On Aug 24, 2023
Generalmystic:

sub standard is sub standard very simple

1 Like

Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by olatade(m): 11:58am On Aug 24, 2023
Technology is the way. It is like magic in real life.
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by Supremos: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
yarimo:
it's rubbish to you, but not rubbish to who can afford car.
So I don't have a car? 😂😂😂😂.

Ewu .
Re: Enugu State Govt Launches Facial & Plate Number Identification Security Vehicles by yarimo(m): 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
Supremos:
So I don't have a car? 😂😂😂😂.

Ewu .
IVM cars are not cars

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Should Try & Keep The Country Together. Let Us Go Farming - Buhari(vid / Pres, Bola Tinubu's Biggest Fan Complains / Restructuring: Yoruba Monarchs Call For Implementation Of 2014 Confab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.