Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July (10816 Views)

Publish Monthly Allocation To States, LGAs – Falana Tells AGF / Northwest Demands Lion Share Of Revenue Allocation To States, LGAs / NNPC: We Spent ₦966 Billion On Pipeline Repairs Between 2010 And 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Toyeebh(m): 6:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Good move sir, may God bless Nigeria
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Obzy: 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
Masses should monitor these funds.
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Mosba: 6:39pm On Aug 23, 2023
ecolime:
In other countries, states are productive and they all contribute to the centre. For Naija, na for all of them to gather every month dey share money.

All you need is understanding of tax laws. States can contribute to central here too if our laws says so.
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by diplomat058(m): 6:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
greatiyk4u:
Like like play, 3 months is gone, money shared 3 times now plus the audio subsidy savings where is the impact?

Tinubu hit the ground running and RAN AWAY

What exactly are you ranting about? Chai...the life of a pandora 0bingo isn't funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by greatiyk4u(m): 6:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
diplomat058:

What exactly are you ranting about? Chai...the life of a pandora 0bingo isn't funny cheesy

Do you have comprehension deficiencies?
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by aklid(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
And not related
In other news making headlines
Hit headlines around the world is
Yevgeny prigozhin russias mercenary boss is dead Said he crashed in a 10passenger plane in Russia
Putin I see what u did there 👀👀 he played with your presidency and now he played with his life💀
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by sammhi(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-states-lgas-shared-n966bn-in-july-wale-edun-calls-for-discipline-in-money-supply/amp
Mad country ...
FG 52% while 36 states shares 48% ...
Madness!
FG should be getting 35% or at most 40%...
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Juanmike(m): 6:48pm On Aug 23, 2023
*Loot
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by SmartPolician: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
Georgeweah:
money dey dis country oo

That money is nothing. It's about $1 billion shared by 36 states and FG. It can do nothing, bros. One state in America like Maryland budgets over $60 billion per annum, meaning $5 billion per month. One state! Nigeria is an extremely poor country!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Angelfrost(m): 6:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
Okay... How much did each state get, and what was the money used specifically for?!!

Answer those questions with evidence, and see this nation start off on the path to greatness.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by jumper524(m): 7:00pm On Aug 23, 2023
Funny how these post made front page twice.
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Angelfrost(m): 7:01pm On Aug 23, 2023
SmartPolician:

That money is nothing. It's about $1 billion shared by 36 states and FG. It can do nothing, bros. One state in America like Maryland budgets over $40 billion per annum. One state! Nigeria is an extremely poor country!

Yet, a hefty chunk of this "nothing" still ends up in the accounts of governors and their cronies.

The poverty excuse is difficult to stomach in the face of such ridiculous corruption.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by SmartPolician: 7:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
Angelfrost:

Yet, a hefty chunk of this "nothing" still ends up in the accounts of governors and their cronies.

The poverty excuse is difficult to stomach in the face of such ridiculous corruption.

My point is, we can do better. Nigeria has so much untapped potential, but the worst of us keep leading us, thereby making the country a caricature of a country.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Angelfrost(m): 7:14pm On Aug 23, 2023
SmartPolician:

My point is, we can do better. Nigeria has so much untapped potential, but the worst of us keep leading us, thereby making the country a caricature of a country.

The "better" has to start from morally upright and good leadership.

Even if we magically start earning 5 times more than our current revenue, the nation will still remain like this.

Why?!! Corruption in its most fantastic and incredulous form.

If a governor can embezzle 8 Billion out of a state allocation of 10 Billion, imagine what he would do to higher amounts.

We truly don't have much but the little we have is still not being honestly and religiously used for the benefit of the citizens.

Look at Lagos for example... Do you know how Lagos would be in the Universe if even half of her revenue is actually used for the development and advancement of that state?!! We are talking a city South Africans will envy for life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Ttipsy(f): 7:23pm On Aug 23, 2023
One Nigeria

This is the only reason for Nigerias unity
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Karleb(m): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2023
One person will now come to nairaland to tell me Seyi Makinde pays teachers salary with taxes from okada and maruwa. grin grin

In all these, local government are the most useless tier of government. These people collect monthly allocations and we don't even know.

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Ayoade19(m): 7:29pm On Aug 23, 2023
Favouret:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen
Acct: Oyom Ubi
G.TBank

This fool keeps opening account everyday and be spamming here

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Knetpro(m): 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ok
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by BoldBrainz(m): 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
greatiyk4u:
Like like play, 3 months is gone, money shared 3 times now plus the audio subsidy savings where is the impact?

Tinubu hit the ground running and RAN AWAY

For once, let's be circumspect in our dealings.

In the 3 months Tinubu has been at Aso rock, close to 3 trillion naira has been shared between the three tiers of government. Yet for some ridiculously weird reason, state governors (whether old or newly elected, with exceptions of a few) have done basically nothing to ameliorate the pains and angst being felt by citizens of the country.

There's no Nigerian state that doesn't generate internal revenue. Add that to whatever shares are being gotten from the federal coffers, and there's the need for us to be asking proper questions.

We've all been reading and seeing headlines on a daily basis. Adeleke of Osun, Otti of Abia, Soludo of Anambra, Zulum of Borno, Sanwo-Olu of Lagos, Obaseki of Edo and Umoh of Akwa Ibom, seem to be the only governors who have been making recent efforts at governance and delivering dividends to the masses.

I don't know what the rest of the governors are up to. The sloth in the government house of my Cross River state seems to be the worst in this category. There's literally nothing happening since he assumed office three months ago. I don't live in my state but I get weekly updates as regards happenings and nothing seems to be taking shape.

Tinubu may not be getting everything right, but why does it seem like we're all too centered on the Federal government and neglecting to prod the efficiency of the governors who are closer to us? If I was back home, I'll mobilise a crowd and picket the home of my Local government chairman so the bastard answers some questions. Tinubu cannot deliver governance down to the LGAs. This is basically why democratic governance has to be spread so efforts get to the grassroots.

These things are starting to really irk to the bone marrow!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by rafcrown(m): 7:40pm On Aug 23, 2023
I LIKE THE WORG SHARED.SHARED BY ??
ENOUGH MONEY TO DO REASOANBLE THINGS IF NOT POCKETED.
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by AjaoEstater(m): 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
De facto the LGAs are under States' control but, De jure stand-alone making them third tier of the Federation after FG, and States. I will like to see them put under States de jure (just like in the USA) anyways LCDAs are directly controlled by States same with wards, communities, neighbourhoods, first/second/third tiers villages, small/medium/large towns, small/medium/large cities and metropolis are all under the 36 States control.

God Bless Nigeria
Long Live Nigeria

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by teepain: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2023
SmartPolician:

That money is nothing. It's about $1 billion shared by 36 states and FG. It can do nothing, bros. One state in America like Maryland budgets over $40 billion per annum. One state! Nigeria is an extremely poor country!

What you stated is the fact when consideration is given to the fact that there a whole lot of other revenue sources that are yet to be harnessed.
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Nyne: 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
9B that went straight into people’s pocket.

EFCC can never handle this corruption thing alone. The thieves are bigger than EFCC. And EFCC can easily be manipulated. We need more bodies . The youths are ready to track monies. The elders should go home and relax and see how things will begin to change for the better. Ordinary roads, they cannot do . But there’s a governor that’s shamelessly wearing a watch of 160M, That’s just one of his watches, and his oga was sharing Garri and beans to the masses. Garri that wouldn’t last a week. A Governor that’s supposed to be working for the people

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by MrsTwrite(f): 8:02pm On Aug 23, 2023
Hmmmm... We dey really suffer for this country.
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by greatiyk4u(m): 8:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
BoldBrainz:

For once, let's be circumspect in our dealings.

In the 3 months Tinubu has been at Aso rock, close to 3 trillion naira has been shared between the three tiers of government. Yet for some ridiculously weird reason, state governors (whether old or newly elected, with exceptions of a few) have done basically nothing to ameliorate the pains and angst being felt by citizens of the country.

There's no Nigerian state that doesn't generate internal revenue. Add that to whatever shares are being gotten from the federal coffers, and there's the need for us to be asking proper questions.

We've all been reading and seeing headlines on a daily basis. Adeleke of Osun, Otti of Abia, Soludo of Anambra, Zulum of Borno, Sanwo-Olu of Lagos, Obaseki of Edo and Umoh of Akwa Ibom, seem to be the only governors who have been making recent efforts at governance and delivering dividends to the masses.

I don't know what the rest of the governors are up to. The sloth in the government house of my Cross River state seems to be the worst in this category. There's literally nothing happening since he assumed office three months ago. I don't live in my state but I get weekly updates as regards happenings and nothing seems to be taking shape.

Tinubu may not be getting everything right, but why does it seem like we're all too centered on the Federal government and neglecting to prod the efficiency of the governors who are closer to us? If I was back home, I'll mobilise a crowd and picket the home of my Local government chairman so the bastard answers some questions. Tinubu cannot deliver governance down to the LGAs. This is basically why democratic governance has to be spread so efforts get to the grassroots.

These things are starting to really irk to the bone marrow!

The chuck of the blame has always been on the President and Tinubu promised to change the narrative via his magical prowess.

Fg receives the higher share of the money and we are yet to see what they have been able to do.

Remember, if fg sneezes, the states and LGs catch cold
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Brownbetsport24: 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
Salary wey never don finish
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by sunray(m): 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2023
Exchange difference shared? This is strange to me. It makes me doubt the competence of the accountants responsible for this exercise. The international accounting standards does not state that forex difference should be shared. Rather, I think government should have done well to create a reserve to accommodate the volatility of the dollar against naira

2 Likes

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by osayuwamwen(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
You are very correct, this is what most people don't know they just keep shouting Nigeria has money this overall money is not even up to a quarter of what some foreign countries spend on a single projet when them they complete in 1year
SmartPolician:

1 Like

Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by Franzinni: 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
How ? I guess on 2023 Prado convoy cus black man sense nah limited liability
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by liamjakes247: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
All allocations to peoples at the top, billions all thru. None to masses, allocate some thing even if it’s 50M to 50 guys wey most people know to deliver or do some mad ICT training for some trench kid like me wey wan be full stacking web and app developers, been yearning to get expertise for this all my life… if opportunities like this devops reach like 10 trench kids like me wey desire to get this skill, tell me country no go soft
Re: FG, States, LGAs Shared ₦966 Billion In July by ButterBerry: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
APC online Agent will avoid this.
They're the most foolish individuals in any part of the world.

A fool at 25 is a fool till infinity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APCy Aspirants In Ondo Lobby First Lady, Tinubu’s Daughter Ahead Of Primary / My Assets As PMB And Vice Have Declared Asset Too / Saraki Files Fresh Motion To Disqualify CCT Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.