Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai (802 Views)

Toyosi Was "Wrongfully Restrained" by the Suspects - Police Release Statement / My Brother Was Kidnapped, Beaten And Robbed In Lagos On His Way To Work / Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 7:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
My brother was detained since yesterday at a Police station in Ilero, Kajola Local Gov. area of Oyo state since yesterday when he was invited for questioning about a phone theft that happened at a filling station where he was working before.

When he was working there, he said a guy phone was stolen and since the its charge at owner's risk. He told them to go and track it. Now, he has stopped working there since last month bcoz he wanted to return back to school, not until yesterday he told me that they tracked the phone and found it on the new guy that was posted to his former place of work hand and the guy was arrested.

Actually what happen was that, this new guy is working with the same boss my brother worked for but he is in Coca-Cola depot axis and my brother is in a filling station and its different town. But sometimes their do send that new guy with another guy to go and meet my brother in the filling station to collect money from him or other msg. So the new guy is also familiar with the filling station very well.

So when he was now arrested and he was questioned how he stole the phone, he said he saw it in the office 5days ago when he was parking some stuffs and he now insert his Sim inside and start using it till yesterday that he was arrested. The police invited their boss, and later my brother was called to come and give his statement on the issue. On getting there, they detained him since yesterday. I was able to talk to him yesterday and he was like they just tell him to sit down since morning and now they are about to lock him up. I called my parent and when they got there this morning the police told them to come back I the evening to see the D.P.O.

Tonight now I called my Dad and I was told the police said both my brother and the new guy that was caught with the phone should go and bring 110k for bail and 35k for tracking refund. my brother and the guy will divide the money and pay. I asked why? And my Dad said they said because he was the one at work when the phone was stolen.

They are now threatening my Dad to find the money or they charge them to court tomorrow.

Why did they involve my brother despict knowing the truth?
Is this how Police are corrupt?

So this is how my brother will just pay almost 80k for what he didn't know?

Don't mind my typo pls. You should the mood I am as I'm typing this
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Hezzy4pf: 7:55pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sunnybabe:
My brother was detained since yesterday at a Police station in Ilero, Kajola Local Gov. area of Oyo state since yesterday when he was invited for questioning about a phone theft that happened at a filling station where he was working before.

When he was working there, he said a guy phone was stolen and since the its charge at owner's risk. He told them to go and track it. Now, he has stopped working there since last month bcoz he wanted to return back to school, not until yesterday he told me that they tracked the phone and found it on the new guy that was posted to his former place of work hand and the guy was arrested.

Actually what happen was that, this new guy is working with the same boss my brother worked for but he is in Coca-Cola depot axis and my brother is in a filling station and its different town. But sometimes their do send that new guy with another guy to go and meet my brother in the filling station to collect money from him or other msg. So the new guy is also familiar with the filling station very well.

So when he was now arrested and he was questioned how he stole the phone, he said he saw it in the office 5days ago when he was parking some stuffs and he now insert his Sim inside and start using it till yesterday that he was arrested. The police invited their boss, and later my brother was called to come and give his statement on the issue. On getting there, they detained him since yesterday. I was able to talk to him yesterday and he was like they just tell him to sit down since morning and now they are about to lock him up. I called my parent and when they got there this morning the police told them to come back I the evening to see the D.P.O.

Tonight now I called my Dad and I was told the police said both my brother and the new guy that was caught with the phone should go and bring 110k for bail and 35k for tracking refund. my brother and the guy will divide the money and pay. I asked why? And my Dad said they said because he was the one at work when the phone was stolen.

They are now threatening my Dad to find the money or they charge them to court tomorrow.

Why did they involve my brother despict knowing the truth?
Is this how Police are corrupt?

So this is how my brother will just pay almost 80k for what he didn't know?

Don't mind my typo pls. You should the mood I am as I'm typing this

https://www.fiverr.com/s/pxE1A8
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by jonero4(m): 7:59pm On Aug 23, 2023
How much do u trust ur brother?
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2023
jonero4:
How much do u trust ur brother?

He has 2 phones with him.

Iphone XR which I helped him buy 3month ago and the one he was using before since 2020 which was infinix smart 5

Both phones was bought by me and I even helped him to add money when buying both phones then.

So why will he steal iphone 6s and keep it inside the office and he didn't even take it along when he left the place since last month

4 Likes

Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by illicit(m): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
Bail is not free
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by frankadrian: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
I suggest raise the money, get him bailed. You don't want to leave a person with NPF.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Franzinni: 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
If it was your brother that stole it and was questioned initially and told them to go track it, why will he now leave it behind when he left ? And also the new guy that found it and decided to start using it, his story is weak. Hmm police are trying to cash out that one is clear and unfortunately we don't have faith in the integrity of law enforcement in Nigeria so you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I was in your shoes I'll rather die the matter and pay them the raba. Becasue that court threat no be play o. But I guess those proper qualified can guide you more fruitfully ... Best of luck to you.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by izonborn098(m): 8:13pm On Aug 23, 2023
A man said he saw a phone in a shop or whatever and insert his sim card into it and begin to use it.... What evidence is the police looking for again or are u the one not telling us everything.....
Well i am not suprised'' nigerian uniform men, all of them are criminal.....
Reasons i don't relate with anyhow people....

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Cyphar(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
When npf don dey involve.... If them ask you to pay bail even when dey know you are innocent, pls pay it..... Only God knows what the dude must have been through since he has been there.... God will provide

I was following my friend to his place of work on bike when dey stopped us... Searched our phone. The next thing was asking my Friend to go behind canter..... Why we asked and we were told he is a yahoo boy because they saw something they could not explain......

To cut the story short ..... He paid 15k for bail around 6pm.... Police are not... And will not be my friend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 8:15pm On Aug 23, 2023
Franzinni:
If it was your brother that stole it and was questioned initially and told them to go track it, why will he now leave it behind when he left ? And also the new guy that found it and decided to start using it, his story is weak. Hmm police are trying to cash out that one is clear and unfortunately we don't have faith in the integrity of law enforcement in Nigeria so you are stuck between a rock and a hard place. If I was in your shoes I'll rather die the matter and pay them the raba. Becasue that court threat no be play o. But I guess those proper qualified can guide you more fruitfully ... Best of luck to you.
even my brother asked the dad of the guy that owns the phone in front of the police, that was he not the one that told them to track it. The the Dad confirmed that it was him. But I just don't know what the police are trying to cook again.

My Dad too said court case won't be easy even though he is innocent and it may take long before he get vindicated.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
Cyphar:
When npf don dey involve.... If them ask you to pay bail even when dey know you are innocent, pls pay it..... Only God knows what the dude must have been through since he has been there.... God will provide

Amen. Thanks bro.

Seriously, my Dad was like the D.P.O was just ranting and threatening them that if they don't pay 150k that the matter will reach court tomorrow before they now start begging and he bring it down to 110k.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 8:20pm On Aug 23, 2023
frankadrian:
I suggest raise the money, get him bailed. You don't want to leave a person with NPF.
as in, as rugged as my brother is, when he was allow to call me this morning, he just start crying.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Chibuzoripob: 8:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
grin sad grin grin Nig Police,Oyo state dey track phone undecided grin? Iphone 6s @35k cheesy shocked,when indeed one Adisa found it miraculously in the ⛽️ station and jagunlabi quickly inserted his Sim dey denge pose sad.I remembered the day I reported my stolen 📱 @ Lagos command,Oba Akinjobi.The officer I met told me to go and report at the nearest police e station. I reach Area F ikeja,they asked me for the receipt, imei.Your truly was happy.Second day,I reach station,I gave the receipt to the 2 madame I met.They asked for tracking money angry sad undecided..I asked them where nearest 🏧 dey? The 👉 one POS/ATM inside LASUTH.Nah so I disappeared from that place forgot phone grin grin grin
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by frankadrian: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sunnybabe:
as in, as rugged as my brother is, when he was allow to call me this morning, he just start crying.

Make una find way free am oh bro
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Blake755: 9:17pm On Aug 23, 2023
Get a lawyer police fears lawyer more than anything
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Chibuzoripob: 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
sad cheesy grin grin? Ur bro should thank his star.Nah mini HELL FIRE be that. And thank God,nor be SARS days sad sad.Keep 🙏 u nor see police case
Sunnybabe:
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Nemesis0147(m): 9:37pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sunnybabe:
npf are devils….please bail your brother abeg..
Don’t be surprised that if you guys chose to go to court,,they will rewrite the statement for your brother and ask him to sign….you don’t want to know what they will write there…just bail him abeg
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Meteng: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
If you know the number of innocent people that they’ve implicated, you’ll try and find money and bail your brother. Or you want them to take him to court and sentence him? Those people don’t have conscience
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 11:50pm On Aug 23, 2023
izonborn098:
A man said he saw a phone in a shop or whatever and insert his sim card into it and begin to use it.... What evidence is the police looking for again or are u the one not telling us everything.....
Well i am not suprised'' nigerian uniform men, all of them are criminal.....
Reasons i don't relate with anyhow people....
na why the matter dey shock me as my brother told me that they have lock him up yesterday evening be that, coz the guy that they caught the phone in his hand did not mention having any transaction with my brother. The only thing the police were saying was he was the attendant then when the phone was stolen and also the new guy said he saw the phone inside the filling station and start using it.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Sunnybabe(m): 11:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
Nemesis0147:
npf are devils….please bail your brother abeg..
Don’t be surprised that if you guys chose to go to court,,they will rewrite the statement for your brother and ask him to sign….you don’t want to know what they will write there…just bail him abeg
those people has indeed evil.. I told my dad to tell my brother to do transfer for them (so that I can have evidence) , the D.P.O said he should transfer for his former boss who is also doing POS business and they collected cash from his boss.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by fyzaila: 11:57pm On Aug 23, 2023
Sunnybabe:
na why the matter dey shock me as my brother told me that they have lock him up yesterday evening be that, coz the guy that they caught the phone in his hand did not mention having any transaction with my brother. The only thing the police were saying was he was the attendant then when the phone was stolen and also the new guy said he saw the phone inside the filling station and start using it.

Post your story on twitter now X and tag all the police handles like, the state Dpo, Area commander, even IGP self. I think on their twitter page, they have some numbers there, use that to contact them.

You can even search for one guy's encounter with police story here on Nairaland. I remember he is dispatch rider who was detained unlawfully by the police too

Don't pay any dime.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by 89Elpazziano(m): 12:12am On Aug 24, 2023
Tell your brother make him sharperly cappo up inside there, then use men beat craze commot from that guy body for such stupid act. Na that guy thief the phone come dey talk say em see am for counter. Anyway OP God would see you through this and no too think am cause it shall pass.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by Aaaaarghmed(m): 1:29am On Aug 24, 2023
I will forever hate Naija police.99 percent are fraudsters an rippers
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by epondudu: 5:43am On Aug 24, 2023
Never go to the station without a lawyer. And if you can get a lawyer don't right statements unless you are the criminal... Lawyers on this forum can help with the particular section of the constitution.
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by adecz: 5:48am On Aug 24, 2023
Better to spend that money on a
lawyer than waste it on the police.

Police will beg una because what they
did to your brother was wrong.

They just want to catch cruise and make
make money from una to survive this
tough times..
Re: My Brother Was Wrongfully Detained Since Yesterday And Police Demand 80k For Bai by stacyadams: 8:33am On Aug 24, 2023
Sunnybabe:

He has 2 phones with him.

Iphone XR which I helped him buy 3month ago and the one he was using before since 2020 which was infinix smart 5

Both phones was bought by me and I even helped him to add money when buying both phones then.

So why will he steal iphone 6s and keep it inside the office and he didn't even take it along when he left the place since last month
sell the iphone and bail him out ...if they take him to court ,na awaiting trial till further notice....if na 50k u get ,go beg them...

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Kidnappers Who Buried Man Alive In Rivers / How Moniepoint MFB ‘assisted’ Fraudsters To Steal Customer’s N9.6 Million / 56 Years Old Nigerian Arrested For Drug Worth 400m In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.