Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account (26560 Views)

Thief Caught 8 Months After He Stole Phone & Withdrew N500K From Victim Account / Man Withdrew ₦750k From Victim's Account After Shooting His Eye In Abia / Maid Who Stole N1.6m Six Hours After Employment Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Fidelarinze9(m): 2:52am On Sep 20, 2021
Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/6752956/how-abuja-yahoo-boy-slept#up

Operatives at the Kubwa Police Division in Abuja have demanded N180,000 to help a female victim recover N1.3 million stolen from her account by a suspected internet fraudster.

THE WHISTLER had earlier reported Angel’s ordeal at the hands of one Frank, a suspected fraudster who illegally withdrew N1.3 million from the victim’s bank account using a SIM card linked to the account.

They had met physically at Soul Lounge nightclub in Kubwa after exchanging contacts through a ‘hookup’ mobile application in August.

It was meant to be a one-night encounter, but the duo ended up keeping each other’s company for eight days at the BChezz Hotel in Kubwa, Abuja.

She narrated how Frank used a mobile point of sale (POS) operator near the hotel to wipe her entire savings from her account.

The victim planned on using the money to rent a shop and start a hair and wig business.

Angel told THE WHISTLER that she approached the police division to help track down Frank and recover her money.

The victim, who looked dejected when our correspondent met her at the Kubwa police division, said the police had arrested the POS operator, Michael, but later released him.

“This guy (the POS operator) told me he had no idea about what Frank did, saying that Frank told him that we were planning on getting married, can you imagine?” said the victim.

According to Angel, investigations showed that the POS operator was still communicating with Frank after the incident.

She said Michael was released by the police on bail on September 6, three days after he was arrested.

“My IPO (investigating police officer) said they released him to go print out his bank statement.

“But, how can the police release Michael on bail without telling me? The only available suspect? Because my IPO is Igala and him too? they are doing a tribal thing. I don’t understand how the police are handling this case,” Angel said.

Meanwhile, a senior officer at the division told our correspondent that the POS operator was released because he was not culpable of any offence as he was only doing his business.

“There is no need to keep him when he was only doing his business. So, all she can do is to allow the police to do their work by tracking him (Frank),” the officer said.

In a phone interview on August 10, Angel told THE WHISTLER that the IPO demanded N180,000 to track Frank and had demanded upfront payment of N60,000, while N120,000 would be paid upon the arrest of the suspect.

Besides that, the victim said the IPO also pressured her to allow him visit her at home.

Asked if she would pay the N180,000 demanded by the police, she said: “There is nothing to talk about; they already let the immediate suspect go. I honestly can’t trust them.

“Somebody that is a suspect, you released him to go before I came and you are telling me to come back. So, what if at the end of the day they help me to find this guy, will they still release him behind my back if he gives them money?

“The boy (Frank) has told me already that police cannot catch him, and he is right”.

Subsequently, the police told the victim that a Navy personnel was willing to help track Frank’s geolocation for N8,500.

This came after they reduced the original amount to N50,000, but noted that she might only recover N500,000 if they helped to arrest the suspect.

“…maybe they are thinking I still have money and they want to help me to spend it when I don’t have any other money,” she said, adding that she had only given the police N8,000 so far.

https://thewhistler.ng/police-demand-n180000-to-track-yahoo-boy-who-stole-n1-3m-from-victims-bank-account/

5 Likes

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by expertman(m): 3:37am On Sep 20, 2021
Seriously Nigerian Police and money issues .

My candid advice is talk to a lawyer let the lawyer write to the commissioner of police and also copy the deputy commissioner of police in charge of SCID Anti Fraud unit .

Note : to write Petition it cost just 10k.

Or better still get a human right organization to write the petition for you and submit to the state police your self by going to the IPO office and give him the letter make sure u give the IPO 5k so that he can take it to deputy police commissioners office for approval.

After the approval they will ask you just 15k for tracking and have just 10extra for mobilization fee in case suspect in no longer within the state.

This is the surest way out else the police will extort you and even meet the suspect behind your back and demand money from him and close the file.

Also make sure you see the SP in charge of that unit most of the time D1 and D4 handle the such case make sure you see the superintendent Officer in charge of the unit and submit the approval copy of the petition to him.

Cos most times police handle cases without their boss knowing and such cases will end up in regret to the petitioner.

My wife is a police officer so I know the module of operandi.

That way u did be safe.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Nobody: 5:38am On Sep 20, 2021
That is why a mob will rather take laws into their own hand by giving a jungle justice to a criminal than carry him to the police station.
They didn't inform the complainant.All they are interested in is bail money.
Are Nigerians suppose to pay for tracking of suspect?Is it not tax payers money that the police use in buying the tracking device?

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by GOFRONT(m): 6:20am On Sep 20, 2021
Chaiii...

Frank why??

Why chop her kpekus......then chop her money join.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Yommychrz(m): 6:21am On Sep 20, 2021
One just have to be careful on street...na who people go maga dem dey look for...u can’t just fucking trust anyoy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Benki003(m): 6:27am On Sep 20, 2021
When I saw this first I thought it was me, but then I remember that I don't stay in abj

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by adecz: 6:42am On Sep 20, 2021
⏩That's how police do since time
Imoriver. They demand for at least
10% of the sum to be recovered.

❎Somebody try chop my 250k many
years back. The we negotiated with
the police & finally agreed on 20k.

⏩After some weeks of my tracking the
suspect, I cornered him somewhere &
quickly alerted the police who immediately
picked him up.

His boss & relations intervened & my
money got paid in less than 48 hours.✌️✌️✌️

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by aminusodiq(m): 7:04am On Sep 20, 2021
Oloshoism gone wrong

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2021
Joysticks:
That is why a mob will rather take laws into their own hand by giving a jungle justice to a criminal than carry him to the police station.
They didn't inform the complainant.All they are interested in is bail money.
Are Nigerians suppose to pay for tracking of suspect?Is it not tax payers money that the police use in buying the tracking device?
Yes, this 18000 is small, police use civilian for their tracking, government acquired for NIA and SSS but did not do it for police. Police used service provider before, police ended paid millions to their account, early last year , they were disconnected.

5 Likes

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by LaSenior: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by FactBoyz: 10:51am On Sep 20, 2021
angry

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by ruggedtimi(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
grin grin somebody car got snatched at gun point with his girlfriend's phone....now police called that they were able to contact the girlfriend's number, police say the car snatchers are asking for N250k to return a Camry worth 3.5m. Nigeria p*lice na joke Sha....80% of time when police will take your case serious is if commissioner of police or higher police ranking officer is aware of the case and has interest in it , a prominent politician is involved or so much pressure from the media.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by CelestineNelson: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
E no concing me...because the reason why they meet is even wrong and stupid in the first place..so make she bear her cross... With 20k every day for 8days wey the guy promise her...Ladies stop chasing anything you see with money, your futur is at stake oo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by ValCon888: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
The Yahoo boy has eaten his own. It's time for the police to eat their own.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
This is not good at all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
Back in the days, Yahoo Yahoo was a detested thing to venture into

Recently, it is now a celebrated means of survival by the ignorant and lazy Nigerian youths

However be it, the said #180k demanded by the police to track the alleged Yahoo boy is not in any way to scam the victim further but to enable the police procure some tracking equipment to victimize the victim further

You can verify the above assertion from the NPF tailor and partners in crimes

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Authoreety: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
You dant know dem

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by 900warriorz: 10:52am On Sep 20, 2021
This kain Angel wey them scam her kpekus and aza no fit be from heaven oo

If una follow the story well, na her greed get her into this deepshit....you never chee chomtin, Naija police go use you shine

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by BruncleZuma: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
grin grin cheesy grin

Dem go still collect percentage make the crook no follow dem go station.

[img]https://c./7HUogy7rXs4AAAAC/feel-me-think-about-it.gif[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Sonnobax15(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
NIGERIA still get a long way to go......Ok,what if dem no find am,will the police return the money back to the woman.... Because I've heard of situations like that..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by elganzar(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
I hope she doesn't fall for the second yahoo guys...

There's no solid proof her words are true __ I'm also wondering why the POS guy has not been apprehended...

She's a victim, buh I pray the guy gets away with it!!!

4 Likes

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Wuluwurum(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Chai

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
I just finished reading the main gist..

DPO Don go install cashapp for phone Just now.. Nawao.. DPO one follow Frank cashout?

Bro code..

I pity that POS guy.. Even if he was not aware of the stuff.. But I just pity him.. He will be the first to be tortured by the police

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by EmmaLege: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
haa ole grin

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by janedonez(m): 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
Phew

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by jieta: 10:53am On Sep 20, 2021
We are still in same situation of tracking. We paid fourty thousand for the tracking of two numbers to the police. Is been two weeks now still no hope.

Note: the person dupe us of close to four hundred thousand.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by espn(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2021
Make we rest...This is a case of 2 irresponsible adult.
1 OLOSHO and 1 FRAUDSTER.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by stunnert(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2021
Nigeria I hail oo

1 Like

Re: Police Demand N180,000 To Track Yahoo Boy Who Stole N1.3m From Victim’s Account by Godfullsam(m): 10:54am On Sep 20, 2021
Double wahala grin

She should just count her losses and move on..

They will collect the 180k and won't be able to track anything.

They will be telling her; come today, come tomorrow until she gets tired.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ANSU Student, Ndirika Michael, Killed By Anti-cult,students Destroy Quaters / Woman Bites Off Widow’s Finger, Swallowed It (pic) / Cook Who Specializes In Forex Scam And Cloning Of ATM Cards Arrested (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.