Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects (1146 Views)

Buhari And Fg’s 20,000 Abandoned Projects- NEWSWATCH / Wike Visit Abandoned Projects Ask Work To Commence Immediately / 480 Nigerian Soldiers Flee To Cameroon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by prettyG: 9:06am On Oct 14, 2011
I Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects - Zamfara Governor

Governor Abdulaziz Yari of Zamfara has said that his administration inherited 480 uncompleted projects worth N42 billion from his predecessor.

Yari said this in Gusau on Wednesday, and explained that the situation had slowed down the development of the state.

He said the project verification committee set up by his administration on assumption of duty had reported that N15.2 billon had been paid by the immediate past administration for projects whose levels of completion left much to be desired.

The governor, however, said that the government had taken a critical look at the projects, with a view to completing those that had direct relevance to the needs of the people.

Yari said further, that the government had already reviewed the Sokoto bye-pass from the initial cost of N1.2 billion awarded by the past administration, to N830 million.

He said that the administration had also completed the rehabilitation and expansion of Gusau Waterworks in their bid to improve water supply to Gusau and its environs.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/i-inherited-480-abandoned-projects-zamfara-governor
Re: Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by ektbear: 9:30am On Oct 14, 2011
na wa o
Re: Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by MMM2(m): 11:50am On Oct 14, 2011
huh
Re: Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by Gbenge77(m): 12:35pm On Oct 14, 2011
Amazing.
Re: Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by franko2: 2:31pm On Oct 14, 2011
well, u know politricians of our 9ja today, any trick in the book is valid,,,,,,,,

maybe he refers to each abandonned SUV as a PROJECT, otherwise, i wonder how zamfara manage to intiate 480 projects which have not been completed, the story is a fairy tale, could only have been minted in a 9ja government house
Re: Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by goggs(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2011
I agree. politicians are interesting
Re: Zamfara Gov. Claims To Have Inherited 480 Abandoned Projects by goggs(m): 12:06pm On Oct 15, 2011
I agree. politicians are interesting wink

(1) (Reply)

2 Murdered In Tafawa Balewa / “how Jonathan Blew Oil Subsidy Money In 2011” / Why Will GEJ Increase Fuel Price And Yet Not Give Us Electricity? How Do We Cope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.