Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,034 members, 7,818,055 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

How To Protect Your Family - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Protect Your Family (94 Views)

Ukrainian Pastor Karen Zelfimein: 'God Is Sending Angels To Protect Us' / How To Protect Your Child's Innocence In This Morally Bankrupt World / Prepare Your Family For Rapture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Protect Your Family by Btruth: 1:56am On Aug 24, 2023
How to protect your family

Thu, 24 Aug 2023

‘“They are to take some of the blood and smear it on the sides and top of the doorframes of the houses ….”’ Exodus 12:7

On the night of the Passover, God told Moses that the angel of death would come and eliminate all the firstborn males in Egypt. Then He gave a specific plan of protection to the children of Israel. He said each household must take a lamb and spread its blood ‘on the sides and top of the doorframes of the houses’. Try to imagine that! On the night of judgment, they were saved when the angel of death looked at their houses because they were ‘under’ the blood, ‘surrounded’ by the blood, and ‘seen’ through the blood. Sometimes when we pray, we say, ‘Father, I come to You in the name of Jesus and on the merits of His shed blood, and I ask You to …’ Why do we pray that way? Because the Bible tells us that God responds to

a) the name of Jesus, whose sacrifice on our behalf He has fully accepted, and

b) the blood of Jesus, which satisfies all His claims against us—past, present, and future. Among the many things that you may be able to do for your family, none is more important or significant than praying for them every day. When you say, ‘Father, by an act of faith, I cover this member of my family with the precious blood of Jesus,’ you protect them from spiritually destructive influences that, if left to their own devices, can tear your family apart. You say, ‘I don’t quite understand all of that!’ You don’t have to. Just do it—and God will honour you and bless your family!

(1) (Reply)

Are You Merciful?? / Saturday August 26th 2023 Open Heavens Daily Devotional / Can Someone Gift Me A Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.