Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

If I Am Caicedo Or Lavia, I'm Going To Liverpool — Chelsea Legend Blasts Duo - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / If I Am Caicedo Or Lavia, I'm Going To Liverpool — Chelsea Legend Blasts Duo (226 Views)

Ramos: I'm Going To Fight To Death For PSG In The Game Against Real Madrid / Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, & Spurs Battle To Sign Victor Osimhen / Loris Karius Sobs Uncontrollably, Apologises To Liverpool Fans (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If I Am Caicedo Or Lavia, I'm Going To Liverpool — Chelsea Legend Blasts Duo by tundetech5: 9:15am On Aug 24, 2023
Former Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Petit slams Caicedo and Lavia for rejecting Liverpool for Chelsea.

Retired footballer Emmanuel Petit has criticised the decision of Romeo Lavia and Moises Caicedo to join Chelsea over Liverpool, claiming that a transfer to the Reds was wiser in a sporting sense.

Petit played a similar position to the duo in his playing days and was a Chelsea player from 2001-2004.

What happened
Jurgen Klopp's side lost out on two of their key transfer targets, Caicedo and Lavia, in their bid to sign a defensive midfielder following the departure of Jordan Henderson and Fabinho to the Saudi Professional League.

The Blues themselves were keen on bringing in a player in the position and were successful in signing the duo, brushing off interest from the Merseysiders.

What Petit said
The former Arsenal midfielder believes that Liverpool have a better sporting project than Chelsea and hinted that a superior financial offer was why the duo opted for the move to West London.

He went on to state that if the decision had been his, he would have joined Liverpool and that there is less pressure to deal with at Anfield.

"Caicedo signed for Chelsea when he was linked with Liverpool, just like Romeo Lavia. I'm not going to say anything stupid, but we all know why they went to Chelsea,” He said, per Liverpool Echo.

Source: Pulse Sports Nigeria

https://www.pulsesports.ng/football/story/if-i-am-caicedo-or-lavia-im-going-to-liverpool-chelsea-legend-blasts-duo-2023082318410252703

Re: If I Am Caicedo Or Lavia, I'm Going To Liverpool — Chelsea Legend Blasts Duo by Lucasinho(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2023
Hmmm
Re: If I Am Caicedo Or Lavia, I'm Going To Liverpool — Chelsea Legend Blasts Duo by Solofresh2: 9:23am On Aug 24, 2023
We don't need them again grin
#YNWA
Re: If I Am Caicedo Or Lavia, I'm Going To Liverpool — Chelsea Legend Blasts Duo by Pierocash(m): 9:27am On Aug 24, 2023
Bad Belle. Chelsea has won more trophies than Liverpool in the past 20yrs. So how do you think Liverpool has a better sporting project than Chelsea

Chelsea's youth team has been winning the youth league and FA cup consistently for over a decade. Produced the highest young talents than any club in England and even Europe. Their female team has been winning the women's league consistently for more than 3-4 seasons in England.

So, in what area does Petit think that Liverpool has a more sporting project than Chelsea? Oga pack well

(1) (Reply)

Bukayo Saka: Arsenal Want To Win The League We've Learnt From Our Mistakes / Chelsea Vs AFC Wimbledon 2-1 Video Highlights (download) / Expo Sets Tone For 2023 Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10 Kilometer Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.