Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Be In The Spirit Of God. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be In The Spirit Of God. (671 Views)

Woman Delivered From The 'spirit Of Madness' At Lagos Church (Photos) / God Delivered My Sister From The Spirit Of Insanity: My Testimony / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Be In The Spirit Of God. by plappville(f): 10:45am On Oct 14, 2011
Holiness Been filled with the spirit of GOD:We all know that to be holy means
separate ourself from evil, by not associating with evil.

The holiness of God is directly related to His righteousness, God alone is to
be worshipped. He alone is separate from evil, but He tolds us to be holy like Him.

In (I Peter 1:16 - 25) Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

As long as God never tells me to do something i'm unable to do, I will commit
myself to separate myself from EVIL and trust that He will enable me to do just that.

I must say that, in my own way of thought, eating, drinking or take even a
walkout with sinners makes me unlean but infact no.I come to discover That
been Holy doesn't mean we should not ve any friends that are not Christians.
I took a look at Jesus in this sense.

He is holy but yet spent time with the social and religious outcasts in His day.
Anyway, he couldn't ve talk to 1 man if he had not talk to a sinners, becos
There wasn’t a person on the earth that was not a sinner at the time except for JESUS.

I think when we associate with those pple our behavior needs to demostrate
that we are different from the people or the evil things surrounding us at that given moment.

Jesus didn’t see his hanging out with sinners as fun thing or just hanging sake.
His hanging with sinners was to reveal their sin, and bring them to repentance
so that they can follow GOD's word.
Or else how would he ve forced them to repent,if he had condomed their behavior?
He couldn’t!!! in his mind it was either repent or perish before God.

Jesus played a great role which made the Pharisees felt he was out of law.
But he is the savior he does things in the spirit.
What the Jews sees as unacceptable that is, wine and dine with impure ppl (sinners),
because it is risky as u may become impure when u do that.

Christ in his Holy being, and as his purpose was to save the lost, he did not abide to this law.
Should he ve put to practice the Jewish law and then abadon his aim?  a capital( NON).
THE SPIRIT OF GOD demostrating in him.

(Galatians 5:16-18) "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you would. But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law".

Halelluyaaa!!! hahahaha.

He tells the truth, as he is the truth himself. He teaches people nothing but the truth and didn’t care what they thought about it. If he offended any1 when he preached (as he often did offend the Pharisees), then oooh well, Jesus certainly didn’t care. He spoke to his disciples,

“And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of
judgment, than for that city.” ( Mark 6:11).

Christ basicaly said, preach to them, If they receive u and repent, great
work, they will be rewarded. If not, just shake off your shoes, and move on to the next “patient to heal. how do u preach to them? we ve to apply Jesus system, draw closer, befriend then voice it out.

Its like when the doctor checked u and discover your illness, gives u prescription
if u want to be healed u will go get your drugs and take them, if not, u just ve to die in that illness.
We go to the doctor to get cured/healed, we dont go for fun rather for purpose and intent.

JESUS hanging with sinners was to reveal their sin, and bring them to repentance.
so that they can follow GOD's word.
Or else how would he ve forced them to repent, if he had condomed their behavior?
He couldn’t!!! in his mind it was either repent or perish before God.

Jesus played a great role which made the Pharisees felt he was out of law.
But he is the savior he does things in the spirit.

What the Jews sees as unacceptable that is, wine and dine with impure ppl(sinners), because it is risky as u may become impure when u do that, Christ in his Holy being, and as his purpose was to save the lost, he did not abide to this law. Should he ve put to practice the Jewish law and then abadon his aim?(NON).THE SPIRIT OF GOD demostrating in him.

(Galatians 5:16-18) "But I say, walk by the Spirit, and do not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh; for these are opposed to each other, to prevent you from doing what you would. But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under the law".

Halelluyaaa!!! hahahaha.

He tells the truth, as he is the truth himself. He teaches people nothing but the truth and didn’t care what they thought about it.
If he offended them when he preached (as he often did offend the Pharisees), then oooh well,
Jesus certainly didn’t care. He spoke to his disciples,

“And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city.” ( Mark 6:11).

Christ basicaly said, preach to them, If they receive u and repent, great work, they will be rewarded. If not, just shake off your shoes, and move on to the next “patient to heal. how do u preach to them? we ve to apply Jesus system, draw closer, befriend then voice it out.

Its like when the doctor checked u and discover your illness, gives u prescription, if u want to be healed u will go get your drugs and take them, if not, u just ve to die in that illness.

If we must follow God’s law, we should also follow God’s spirit of love.
Jesus by himself has told us the exact reason why he was hunging with sinners.
When The Pharisees accused him of alway with sinners,See his responds in,

(Luck5:27-32) 27 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, 28 and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. 29 Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them. 30 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law who belonged to their sect complained to his disciples, "Why do you eat and drink with tax collectors and 'sinners'?" 31 Jesus answered them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 32 I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

Jesus certainly be friend to this man(LEVI) who was known as a Tax collectors, seen as impure/sinners, but Jesus was able to make LEVI repent. He took part in the buffet hosted by LEVI, this was how he became his disciple. known as (Matthew) in the bible. meaning: the gift of Jehova.

Thank GOD for his spirit. Brethren in Christ, he has showed us enough example, left for us to carry on.
We should be able to influence people as Christian, win win more souls for him, his blood is like a soap, everyone can afford buying soap to wash up, but yet u still see people dirty outside.
Lets eat with them so they can be wash with this free soap forever AMEN.
BE BLESSED.

(1) (Reply)

Church Promises Free Alcohol, Cigarette And Funky Music / True Christians Defend Your Religion! / What Is Pure Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.