Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,332 members, 7,819,137 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution (684 Views)

Government Palliative Worsening Food Inflation - CBN Governor, Cardoso / Fuel Subsidy: Our Members Are Marginalised In Palliative Distribution โ€“ PWDs Cry / This Young Girl Get Annoyed Over Government Palliative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by lekanolas: 6:19am On Aug 25, 2023
There was pandemonium on Wednesday at the Oshodi/Isolo local government secretariat, venue of the palliative distribution organized by the chairman of the local government, Kehinde Oloyede Almaroof.

Thousands of people had thronged the venue to receive food items from the the council chairman to cushion the effect of the fuel subsidy removal, however the situation turned chaotic, almost leading to a stampede.
The palliatives, which included gift packs, yams, eggs, plantain among other items, were to be shared among the residents of the council area irrespective of their political, religious, or tribal affiliations.

Each gift pack was said to have included a package of rice, beans groundnut oil and tomato paste.

It was gathered from eyewitnesses that people started arriving the venue as early as 6.30am for the event billed to start by 9am.

The event, tagged โ€œGreater Oshodi Food Bankโ€, however, did not start until a few minutes to 11am .
It was learnt that trouble started immediately after the first set of people, mostly elderly people, received their rations as there was no proper information on how the distribution was going to be done.

The restive and compressed crowd got excited and people at the tail of the line started pushing for fear that the items might not go round.

The organisers were swiftly overwhelmed and then it all kicked off, several women fell to the ground and suffered injuries while others ran over them.

The confusion lasted for two hours as security guards including military officers beat back hundreds of people rushing to take their own packs.

A security official in the council, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, confirmed that there were casualties during the rush .

He was, however, silent on whether there were fatalities among the casualties.

https://newsday.com.ng/chaos-confusion-mar-oshodi-isolo-local-government-palliative-distribution/
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Naijanascam: 6:59am On Aug 25, 2023
They love Creating Foodlums instead of creating jobs ...... because a busy individual don't have time for meaningless discussions regarding tribe and religion........

Modern day slaves

6 Likes

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by AfonjaEmir: 7:15am On Aug 25, 2023
This is the Lagos that Tinubu built.. cool
This is the Lagos IGBOs sell 'Gala' in... cool
This is the Dubai /New York of Agbado... cool
This is a Glorified slum for piglets .. cool
The area is MC Oluomo Headquarters... cool
Na Yoruba full that axis... cool

This is Lagos... cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by crossfm: 7:19am On Aug 25, 2023
This is not funny.

The economy is not smiling at all. I don't blame these people fighting for palliative at all.

The cost of foodstuffs is too much. My fear is that the level of crime will rise geometrically.

With the way dollar is rising,I don't see this hardship stopping anytime soon.

We are in this together,both the so called wailers and hailers.

The elections are over, it's time we start saying the truth and stop playing politics with people's blood.
Hunger know no political party.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by LadyRosa(f): 7:19am On Aug 25, 2023
Na wa o!
grin grin grin grin grin
We will teach Obi a lesson, but your mama don get her head smashed over 3 cups of stone filled rice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Wisereborn: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2023
Destiny destroyer palliatives undecided

Seyi Tinubu, this is how your father intend to build Nigeria

This is his "blue print ๐Ÿ‘ฃ ๐Ÿพ" undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Newdawn30: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2023
H
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by franchasofficia: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2023
APC Yoruba political bandits and OPC Terrorists will not let peace reign in Lagos, Police should shoot them at sight shocked

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Racoon(m): 7:55am On Aug 25, 2023
So much trouble every across this nation.
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Racoon(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2023
It was learnt that trouble started immediately after the first set of people, mostly elderly people, received their rations as there was no proper information on how the distribution was going to be done.
As usual they will later conjure an illegality and called it the social register they used in perpetuating this criminality. God save Nigeria from the hands of these wicked elites and leaders.
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by pandoragirigory: 7:58am On Aug 25, 2023
Why always oshodi/Isolo and Amuwo odofin? why always Biafra because of their vile nature.

People that was given Eba and egusi soup as palliatives are already here mourning and weeping over Peter girigory Obi woefully lost election

They will blither and bleat for the next 16years
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Nightwolf1: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Why always oshodi/Isolo and Amuwo odofin? why always Biafra because of their vile nature.

People that was given Eba and egusi soup as palliatives are already here mourning and weeping over Peter girigory Obi woefully lost election

Go and collect your 3 cups of rice and 2 cubes of maggi to palliate your hunger disheveled self.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

2 Likes

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by pandoragirigory: 8:06am On Aug 25, 2023
Nightwolf1:

Go and collect your 3 cups of rice and 2 cubes of maggi to palliate your hunger disheveled self.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
Everyone is not your mother and father, help me collect it and give to your mother, my gift to her.
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by BoldBrainz(m): 8:08am On Aug 25, 2023
See Lagosians..๐Ÿ˜‚! God abeg, see Tinubu's economic blue print and midas touch!

I thought this is supposed to be the Dubai of Nigeria where Tinubu created excess wealth and indigenes are richer than even governments of other states?

Juss imagine the scramble for cups of rice and Ijebu garri!

1 Like

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Nightwolf1: 8:15am On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Everyone is not your mother and father, help me collect it and give to your mother, my gift to her.

Your saliva dripping grandfather who died a wretched pilferer from Tinubu's public policy somersault in Lagos state is a testament of penury hovering over your entire clan. little wonder they are rushing to death over 1 cup of rice.

Heck your father, who was an albino, while stealing cables from the runway @ the Murtala Mohammed airport, was electrocuted to mortuary standards. he died like a dyslexic pangolin from Ojota ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

4 Likes

Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by pandoragirigory: 8:36am On Aug 25, 2023
Nightwolf1:

Your saliva dripping grandfather who died a wretched pilferer from Tinubu's public policy somersault in Lagos state is a testament of penury hovering over your entire clan. little wonder they are rushing to death over 1 cup of rice.

Heck your father, who was an albino, while stealing cables from the runway @ the Murtala Mohammed airport, was electrocuted to mortuary standards. he died like a dyslexic pangolin from Ojota ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
I am very sure you will tell the story of how your father died, you never disappoint especially when your depression is unabated , the stories of your family members are pathetic and unfortunate, I now know the reasons you are unconsolable bereaved, you don't want to end up like your grandfather whom you said died miserably wretched and your father whom you said died poverty-strickened , your generational retrogression and wretchedness is really insurmountable on you, you need prayers, well I don't pity criminals, I don't know the reason you tell me about your family members that you said died, well I am listening, tell me more about your mother and father
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by cunny88(m): 8:55am On Aug 25, 2023
What sort of journalism is this. Something happened in Lagos and there's no single pics to prove it?
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Chithauri(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2023
LadyRosa:
Na wa o!
grin grin grin grin grin
We will teach Obi a lesson, but your mama don get her head smashed over 3 cups of stone filled rice.

continue to cry u better put eye for judiciary wey don dey give ElluPee wotowoto
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by greatermax77(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2023
May all the people that supported this evil continue to surfer and cue up for palliatives.
Nonsense country where ethnicity and religion is considered more than merit
They will keep begging for food until their eyes will clear
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Ofunaofu: 10:33am On Aug 25, 2023
Chaos, confusion mar Tinubu's 100 grains of rice per household palliative
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by accordadoga25(f): 10:36am On Aug 25, 2023
Hehehe
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by olril17(m): 11:54am On Aug 25, 2023
lekanolas:
There was pandemonium on Wednesday at the Oshodi/Isolo local government secretariat, venue of the palliative distribution organized by the chairman of the local government, Kehinde Oloyede Almaroof.

Thousands of people had thronged the venue to receive food items from the the council chairman to cushion the effect of the fuel subsidy removal, however the situation turned chaotic, almost leading to a stampede.
The palliatives, which included gift packs, yams, eggs, plantain among other items, were to be shared among the residents of the council area irrespective of their political, religious, or tribal affiliations.

Each gift pack was said to have included a package of rice, beans groundnut oil and tomato paste.

It was gathered from eyewitnesses that people started arriving the venue as early as 6.30am for the event billed to start by 9am.

The event, tagged โ€œGreater Oshodi Food Bankโ€, however, did not start until a few minutes to 11am .

The restive and compressed crowd got excited and people at the tail of the line started pushing for fear that the items might not go round.

The organisers were swiftly overwhelmed and then it all kicked off, several women fell to the ground and suffered injuries while others ran over them.

The confusion lasted for two hours as security guards including military officers beat back hundreds of people rushing to take their own packs.

A security official in the council, who spoke to our correspondent on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak on the matter, confirmed that there were casualties during the rush .

He was, however, silent on whether there were fatalities among the casualties.

https://newsday.com.ng/chaos-confusion-mar-oshodi-isolo-local-government-palliative-distribution/
Yoruba ronu oo๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
Renewed shegey
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Nightwolf1: 12:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:
I am very sure you will tell the story of how your father died, you never disappoint especially when your depression is unabated , the stories of your family members are pathetic and unfortunate, I now know the reasons you are unconsolable bereaved, you don't want to end up like your grandfather whom you said died miserably wretched and your father whom you said died poverty-strickened , your generational retrogression and wretchedness is really insurmountable on you, you need prayers, well I don't pity criminals, I don't know the reason you tell me about your family members that you said died, well I am listening, tell me more about your mother and father

Need I remind you that you are a product of incest from an imbecilic mother with strabismus eyes?๐Ÿคฃ

The mad man you call father was actually a motor park tout in Orile who is best known for stealing cake bean with utmost precision.

You product of generational bastards, swinging left to right like your one legged grandfather, should do well to grab your ration of 3 cups of beans from the palliative arena before you die miserably like your crooked father.

And you can keep grinning like a roasted hegoat. your sanity is nosediving in inverse proportion to the increasingly humongous unsterilized pig milk u drink everyday.

Useless bastard.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by olril17(m): 12:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:

A yee ee tii bajee walai talai ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Onii shakan rejee๐Ÿ˜Ž
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by olril17(m): 12:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nightwolf1:

Need I remind you that you are a product of incest from an imbecilic mother with strabismus eyes?๐Ÿคฃ

The mad man you call father was actually a motor park tout in Orile who is best known for stealing cake bean with utmost precision.

You product of generational bastards, swinging left to right like your one legged grandfather, should do well to grab your ration of 3 cups of beans from the palliative arena before you die miserably like your crooked father.

And you can keep grinning like a roasted hegoat. your sanity is nosediving in inverse proportion to the increasingly humongous unsterilized pig milk u drink everyday.

Useless bastard.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Touche๐Ÿคค๐Ÿคค
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by Ofunaofu: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
cunny88:
What sort of journalism is this. Something happened in Lagos and there's no single pics to prove it?

You want to see the confusion and chaotic videos and pictures of how Tinubu's 100 grains of rice per household is being marred
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by pandoragirigory: 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
olril17:

A yee ee tii bajee walai talai ๐Ÿ˜ญ
Onii shakan rejee๐Ÿ˜Ž
That is for you, your family members and your generations, as you have pronounced nothing good will ever come out of your life again, everything you touch will fight against you.
Re: Chaos, Confusion Mar Oshodi/isolo Local Government Palliative Distribution by LadyRosa(f): 3:15pm On Aug 29, 2023
Chithauri:
continue to cry u better put eye for judiciary wey don dey give ElluPee wotowoto

Na you dey cry oga

(1) (Reply)

Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South Eastโ€” Captain Evarest Nnaji / Group Seeks Dino Melaye's Arrest Over Alleged Murder After US Damning Report / Laolu Akande Has A Right To Speak Freely: Nigerians React To Ogundamisi's Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.