Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,873 members, 7,813,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji (678 Views)

Nigeria Is Two Countries In One: Backward North, Developing South - ElRufai / Nigeria Is Two Countries In One: Backward North, Developing South - El-rufai / Nigeria: Country Of Backward North, Developing South – El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by klintoski(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2023
The Chief Executive Officer, Odengene Air-Shuttle Services (OAS), Captain Evarest Nnaji has stated that the only chance the South East zone has in achieving its economic potentials is by exploring the opportunities available to it in the aviation sector.

Captain Nnaji stated this on Thursday at 'The Aviation Career Meet' held in Enugu.

The aviation guru who was also the keynote speaker and the special guest of honour at the event said the region has to focus on the aviation industry as the possibility of having a seaport is a tall dream that's near impossible.

He said that getting Onitsha River to be at par with the Atlantic ocean will involve a lot of work which the cost implications will scare any government away from embarking on.

The OAS Boss further stated that the physical national assets (oil and gas) under the sea that will be destroyed in effort to dig the river niger are enormous and no one is ready to spoil any of those assets.

He said that the second Niger bridge is a testament that the possibility of digging the river Niger and allowing a ship come in is foreclosed because those that designed the bridge knew that no ship is coming through it and the heights provided in the design says it all.

After enunciating this sad reality about have a sea port in South East, he encouraged the region to look towards the aviation industry, adding that some other countries of the world are existing without a seaport and doing well.

"Ndigbo must understand this and take aviation very seriously to develop this place. If you look at the fact that we have an airport with a 3km runway inside the city of Enugu State, this place can be the hub for huge international flights, carrying cargo and there's nothing you can't bring by air."

Chief Nnaji stated that there are aeroplanes in the world today that can take off from Enugu today and land in any part of the world and vise versa.

On the issue of cost, he said with the amount of turnover Air fleet gives when compared to using ship, using cargos for movement of goods gives more profit annually.

He also encouraged the students present at the event to think about taking up a carrier in the aviation industry because it offers them a better and brighter opportunity of earning descent salaries while revealing that an American University is ready to partner with Coal City University to offer a degree programme in aviation.

https://journalist101.com/2023/08/24/aviation-our-only-chance-of-developing-south-east-captain-evarest-nnaji/

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by TemplarLandry: 7:24am On Aug 25, 2023
grin
Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by ideatoprince18(m): 7:25am On Aug 25, 2023
Cc
Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Danisaint112(m): 7:27am On Aug 25, 2023
Good advice. I was telling someone this same thing the other day.

When one door closes another opens.
If Nigeria should break away today I always know my Igbos brothers will will find a way to adapt.

We need to shift this idea of having a sea port because the Nigeria government I know will never do it.

It took the Nigerian government good 18 years to complete the construction of the Second Niger Bridge.

Officially and seriously proposed in 2003 but construction began in 2014. What more for a port that serious consideration haven't been made?

We just need to shift from water to air and the east will be an international trade hub plus more Igbos will leave the most tribalist people region because of the sea port they have and go back to their Sound East.

12 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Danisaint112(m): 7:28am On Aug 25, 2023
TemplarLandry:
grin

Speechless right? Type nonsense and see.

11 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Wisereborn: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2023
So apart from aviation, the south east cannot be developed undecided

How to know a bad leader undecided

How many Nigerians can afford what you guys are building today Smh

1 Like

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by MEEVEET: 7:29am On Aug 25, 2023
Only option nope I don't think so

For me we have to tap into ICT by building international certified ICT training centers across our Igbo towns and villages

Second is the health sector from my last estimate South East produce about 8000 doctors per year ... If we can build 20 more medical universities, take advantage of medical collages across Nigeria by providing scholarships

We can certainly produce 25,000 doctors per year and 100,000 nurses per year... The idea should be sending 85% of them abroad to earn foreign currency and send back home

There are other options I can't mention here because of nde-ntu

1 Like

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by crossfm: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2023
Hehehe.

He spoke well.

If you block sea,you can't block air too grin.

But they also need to make it relatively affordable too.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Alchemy528: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2023
Danisaint112:
Good advice. When one door closes another opens.
If Nigeria should break away today I always know my Igbo brothers will find a way to adapt.
correct
Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Alchemy528: 7:32am On Aug 25, 2023
Proudly igbos

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Supremos: 8:39am On Aug 25, 2023
Sorry sir, you sound like an idiot. You should have made your point without foreclosing the possibility of Seaport in SE I don't like men of little and contrived mindset.

Make your point about the vision you have for the aviation industry in SE and end it there.

3 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by SmartPolician: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2023
Supremos:
Sorry sir, you sound like an idiot. You should have made your point without foreclosing the possibility of Seaport in SE I don't like men of little and contrived mindset.

Make your point about the vision you have for the aviation industry in SE and end it there.

If you think you know better, counter him with a superior logic. That's what intelligent people do and that's exactly what those guys who commented before you did and their comments were excellent.

You people should learn to conduct yourselves in public! Everything isn't nzogbu-nzogbu (like Charles Soludo calls it).

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by KingKO22: 9:31am On Aug 25, 2023
That's how a landlocked republic should reason

Abi na river port you want take develop your landlocked republic 😀🤣😂

KingKO is back 😂🤣😀

IPOB Mob on NL come and ban me again
Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Ttipsy(f): 9:41am On Aug 25, 2023
Onitsha isn’t only the city in SE region that has a sea access to the Atlantic, there you have Abia and IMO

And besides onitsha port now receives vessels. Knowing the size of river Niger bridge and dredging the river could lead to waste of natural gas and oil ??

How do we Africans reason

1 Like

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Ttipsy(f): 9:55am On Aug 25, 2023
He said that getting Onitsha River to be at par with the Atlantic ocean will involve a lot of work which the cost implications will scare any government away from embarking on.

The OAS Boss further stated that the physical national assets (oil and gas) under the sea that will be destroyed in effort to dig the river niger are enormous and no one is ready to spoil any of those assets.

He said that the second Niger bridge is a testament that the possibility of digging the river Niger and allowing a ship come in is foreclosed because those that designed the bridge knew that no ship is coming through it and the heights provided in the design says it all.

Interesting!!

1 Like

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Supremos: 10:11am On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:

If you think you know better, counter him with a superior logic. That's what intelligent people do and that's exactly what those guys who commented before you did and their comments were excellent.

You people should learn to conduct yourselves in public! Everything isn't nzogbu-nzogbu (like Charles Soludo calls it).
Unlike most of you 'educated' illiterates, who goes to war after telling his enemies where his weapons are stockpiled, I'm not that silly and daft.

Call for Igbo intelligia meeting, I will make my presentation, not coming to useless faceless forum to tell Igbo haters my workable plan for SE seaport.
Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Supremos: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2023
Ttipsy:
Onitsha isn’t only the city in SE region that has a sea access to the Atlantic, there you have Abia and IMO

And besides onitsha port now receives vessels. Knowing the size of river Niger bridge and dredging the river could lead to waste of natural gas and oil ??

How do we Africans reason
Exactly why I said that man is a clown 🤡
Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by NLegendforte: 10:14am On Aug 25, 2023
Supremos:

Exactly my mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by igwebuike01: 10:16am On Aug 25, 2023
KingKO22:

KingKO is back 😂🤣😀

But you are begging Ethiopia for National Carrier, a landlocked country. We are conquering the air and leaving you behind in your laxity

5 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by OneCandleAway(f): 10:34am On Aug 25, 2023
Supremos:
Unlike most of you 'educated' illiterates, who goes to war after telling his enemies where his weapons are stockpiled, I'm not that silly and daft.

Call for Igbo intelligia meeting, I will make my presentation, not coming to useless faceless forum to tell Igbo haters my workable plan for SE seaport.

You're calling someone an educated illiterate meanwhile you calling someone an' idiot' because he expressed his opinion makes you what exactly?

1 Like

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Supremos: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2023
OneCandleAway:

You're calling someone an educated illiterate meanwhile you calling someone an' idiot' because he expressed his opinion makes you what exactly?
His opinion hurts the economic interest of Ndigbo therefore I'm at liberty to loose my cool on him

1 Like

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by ayomidan: 12:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
🔌 introducing the Future of Energy Management: Smart Prepaid Meters and Vending Solutions for New Estates, Factory, Bakery, Staff Quarter, Developers, Hotel, Shopping Mall and all commercial area with a dedicated Transformer! 🔌

⚡ Ready to Unleash the Power of Prepaid Meters?
Don't miss out on the chance to lead your community or business into a new era of energy management. Experience the synergy of prepaid meters, vending solutions, and Dedicated Transformers working in harmony to elevate your success 🌍🔋

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
Some Igbo, as well read and intelligent as they are, can sometimes be a bit naive and unaware of the kind of powerful, malevolent forces lined up against them...covertly working against their business and political interests! They talk of business opportunities but ignore the political-economy of the country within which they have to operate! They don't know there are some really evil, jealous and powerful characters hiding in the shadows who are ready to frustrate their efforts just because they happen to be Igbo and because there's a glass ceiling Ndigbo are not permitted to smash and rise above! There are many examples to buttress this assertion....ranging from politics to business to issues on territory!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
KingKO22:

KingKO is back 😂🤣😀

5 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Maazieze(m): 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Why do some authorities talk out of their ass? Their is a port at onicha, recently its become economically active, their are challenges(Needs to be dredged yearly) but they can be dealt with other countries have done so, we can too.
Also how the hell does dredging a river undermined oil and gas exploitation, utter rubbish!

Also Bleep the psyop shit equating SE to all of alaigbo, we are more then that and always have been

2 Likes

Re: Aviation Our Only Chance Of Developing South East— Captain Evarest Nnaji by Maazieze(m): 2:08pm On Aug 25, 2023
igwebuike01:

But you are begging Ethiopia for National Carrier, a landlocked country. We are conquering the air and leaving you behind in your laxity

Chai dont remind me oh cry

(1) (Reply)

Seven (7) Promises Of New Interior Minister, Tunji-ojo / Gabon Coup: How The Nigerian Elections Have Generated Coups In West Africa / Typical Bro Tinubu Stood Intimidated By Younger Sister’s Richer Suitors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.