Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,419 members, 7,830,113 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Just Bought A Stolen Phone! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Just Bought A Stolen Phone! (4266 Views)

How Can I Track Or Block A Stolen Phone? / How Can I Track A Stolen Phone.. HELP!! / How To Disable A Stolen Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Abolodje: 12:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
Send me the phone, it’s mine

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Baronthecelebri: 1:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
You made a mistake,if you want to buy second hand phone,go to shops.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by seanwilliam(m): 1:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
WeirdAlien:
This could get you caught in the middle of serious felony case of armed robbery or kidnapping. That could change your life forever.
If you are absolutely sure you can reach the seller again, consider reporting to police. Else just destroy it and throw it away.
very very very underrated comment.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by flokii: 1:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
CJIDEX:
Ogbaman, contact the seller and appreciate him then tell him u don't mind if he can get you something similar cos u want to surprise ur gf or ur mum for birthday. Get a police involved and play along.

Shalom

The best thing for the OP to do is to get to the nearest Police command with a legal person preferrably a lawyer to report his suspicions on the phone and give a statement to clear his name.. I'm sure the police ogas he'll meet there will understand and they'll be the one to lure the seller not the OP.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by nnamdi640: 2:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
Aviod buying second hand phone from unregistered stores or from an individual no matter what they tell you about the phone
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by ghettochild(m): 2:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Fret not..
Just find an engineer to change the imei of the phone.....you won't av to worry

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by ghettochild(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2023
And most times people don't have time n funds to trace fones unless if a murder is involved.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Brokeness(m): 3:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
patrislayqueen:
You go explain tire grin

Still no evidence

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by MrBONE2(m): 4:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
[center][/center]
ghettochild:
Fret not..
Just find an engineer to change the imei of the phone.....you won't av to worry

grin

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by youngrichnigga: 4:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
If the seller has an address or you paid into his account he can still be arrested by the police if you can prove he gave you the receipt. Btw, how did you know it's a stolen phone? cool cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Yemike(m): 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
I'm still waiting to know exactly how OP knew it was a stolen phone undecided

5 Likes

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Bigseven(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Return to the buyer or go report yourself for SARS office
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Simdyofficial(f): 6:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
Facing something similar now. I bought a phone from ikeja. I have the receipt but the person I gave the phone was tracked. I never knew it was stolen cux I bought it from a store. I have msg the seller cux today the phone was tracked and the person arrested. They want me to show up. But am afraid. I already sent the receipt
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Tatspace001(m): 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hey you can get this for just 5k with one year subscription, number in my siggy, WhatsApp, calls and everything.

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by SamOchuko: 7:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
4teenblaq:
I am devastated at the moment, just realized I bought a stolen phone..

What should I do?

Look for one bush go throw the phone put or better still drop in in the river, not go put yourself for had I known cause eye go turn your if police track that phone to you.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by frugal(m): 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
4teenblaq:

What should I do?

Go file an official report with the police.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Peppysco: 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hmmm, the OP may not really know the gravity of what he's toying with if indeed it's a stolen phone. This same issue is what cost the popular Remi Aluko his sights, the dude is dead blind because of the tortures received from the DSS because he was given a stolen phone by a fan.
Dear OP and other Nairalanders, if at all, do not buy a used phone from a stranger, even friends self.

1 Like

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Westerhoffe(m): 9:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
Reason you should never buy a used phone… no even all these so called UK Used… they're mostly stolen phones.

Just save enough and get yourself a brand new phone… even is it's just 5" screen, you'd know you're the real and first owner.

2 Likes

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by grandstar(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
4teenblaq:

What should I do?

I would advise you to simply sell it to someone who wont mind buying a stolen phone.

You are scared of always looking over your shoulder, others no send. You also do not want the police involved.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Jeon(m): 10:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
This why second hand items, like phones should be avoid at all cost.

First Reach out to the seller.
Don't just involve police lik that. Nigerian police are not smiling.

11 Likes

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Jeon(m): 10:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Pierocash:
Go and swap it for another phone

Op,if you want to do this, better go to the swapping center that's far from your location.

11 Likes

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Stone03: 11:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
If you bought it in a phone market, you can report to the union. They will tactically get the seller and your money may be refunded to you.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by GiftedHands47(m): 9:44am On Aug 26, 2023
4teenblaq:

What should I do?

Go and report yourself and the phone to the nearest police post or station
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by ojonugba2014(m): 12:57am On Aug 27, 2023
I sells phone too oga.

U have 3 options.
1. Go ND swap that phone in a location very far from you,
2. Or sell off the phone to all this awoof dealer who don't mind buying stolen items ( not someone who knows you or your resident ooo)
3. since the phone is Itel phone ( it can be rooted ND the IMEI for tracking it can be changed) not adviceable, because after rooting,I am 90% sure that it will hv negative effect on it, like WiFi not working again or unable to off wifi or data,your phone my be re-booting,booting issue, etc. Imagine after u took this risk ND the phone is not a stolen phone.
4. Just go ND report yourself in the nearest police station. ( Don't go alone)

The phone might not be even a stolen phone,ND it might be

So think ND act fast, the early the better.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by 4teenblaq: 4:05pm On Sep 20, 2023
ojonugba2014:
I sells phone too oga.

U have 3 options.
1. Go ND swap that phone in a location very far from you,
2. Or sell off the phone to all this awoof dealer who don't mind buying stolen items ( not someone who knows you or your resident ooo)
3. since the phone is Itel phone ( it can be rooted ND the IMEI for tracking it can be changed) not adviceable, because after rooting,I am 90% sure that it will hv negative effect on it, like WiFi not working again or unable to off wifi or data,your phone my be re-booting,booting issue, etc. Imagine after u took this risk ND the phone is not a stolen phone.
4. Just go ND report yourself in the nearest police station. ( Don't go alone)

The phone might not be even a stolen phone,ND it might be

So think ND act fast, the early the better.

Hmmm.. is like you are right...

I even met the person that sold it to me... I told him my fears, he gave me assurance that there is no cause for alarm that the phone belongs to him .. I don't know I have just decided to trust the man, let's see how things play out... it is a month now, I am still using the phone.
Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by ShenTeh(m): 7:45am On Sep 21, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Reason you should never buy a used phone… no even all these so called UK Used… they're mostly stolen phones.

Just save enough and get yourself a brand new phone… even is it's just 5" screen, you'd know you're the real and first owner.

Most underrated comment.

Even if na 'palasa', buy it new.

All those who are saying 'if you are buying a used phone make sure you are buying from a registered shop bla bla bla', e be like say you never enter case with Nigerian security forces abi?

Did you think that once you show the police or DSS your receipt they would pat you on the head and say goodbye?

Just buy new. No try dey show say you pass as you be.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Just Bought A Stolen Phone! by Westerhoffe(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2023
ShenTeh:

Most underrated comment.

Even if na 'palasa', buy it new.

All those who are saying 'if you are buying a used phone make sure you are buying from a registered shop bla bla bla', e be like say you never enter case with Nigerian security forces abi?

Did you think that once you show the police or DSS your receipt they would pat you on the head and say goodbye?

Just buy new. No try dey show say you pass as you be.

Gbam!

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / CHECK OUT: 7 Dangerous Apps Google Has Just Removed From Play Store - IMPORTANT / What Are The Latest Phones In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.