Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,481 members, 7,830,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious (1070 Views)

₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS / NBS Latest Report Says Nigeria Economy Grew By 1.95% In Q1 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by proeast(m): 9:03am On Aug 25, 2023
Almost every institution in Nigeria has failed or is currently at the brink of failing. The country is fast becoming a joke. Till date, no one can estimate what our population is due to our politicized and failed institutions.

How on Earth can NBS, our supposed elite data collection centre assault our sensibilities in the manner they did yesterday? This guys released what they called their latest data on Nigeria's labour situation and claimed that unemployment fell by 4.1%. The same economy that is experiencing unprecedented job losses in all sectors?!

Millions of jobs have been lost since Tinubu took over as president, and more SME's continue to close down in droves due to extremely high cost of production and abysmally low purchasing power of Nigerians.

Does this government plan to run on propaganda on everything, even when it flies in the face of common sense?!

The same so-called data institutions often claim that some states are generating billions in IGR yet same states can't even pay salaries of civil servants or repair ordinary roads.

Nigeria really needs a hard-reset so we can begin afresh and build a decent soceity we can all be proud of.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by TemplarLandry: 9:06am On Aug 25, 2023
cool
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by pandoragirigory: 9:08am On Aug 25, 2023
Peter girigory Obi people are still grieving and bereaved over election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by MadamExcellency: 9:13am On Aug 25, 2023
What the report is saying is that if the National Inflation was 40%, it has fallen by 4.1 to 35.9% for the month or quarter under review.

It is like the current rate of inflation was lesser than the rates of the accumulated figures hence the average fell downwards. We are still in the woods, but nothing drastic happened last month as it relates to employment in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by SocialJustice: 9:15am On Aug 25, 2023
People like you are the reason I have withdrawn from being an obidient. You guys are causing more harm than good with your hatred for government. I wish you all the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by onez: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2023
OP, you are not far from the truth. Do you know another lie?, that our inflation is 22%. Our inflation is nothing less than 40%. We keep lying and lying and window dressing a bad situation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by helinues: 9:18am On Aug 25, 2023
Anything not in you guys favour must have been tampered with.

Don't some of you know when to STFU?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by proeast(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2023
SocialJustice:
People like you are the reason I have withdrawn from being an obidient. You guys are causing more harm than good with your hatred for government. I wish you all the best.

Continue deceiving yourself. You were Obidient yet you reason like a typical Tinubu tribalistic supporter. What has my post got to do with Obidients?

Lol, even those of you that prayed "may Tinubu government favour me and my family" are now starving to death grin grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by Arda1000(m): 9:24am On Aug 25, 2023
I will advise you to stop taking Nigeria matter to the heart they are will tag u Ipob,obi etc so better leave Nigeria to the Apc miscreants

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by SocialJustice: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2023
proeast:

Continue deceiving yourself. You were Obidient yet you reason like a typical Tinubu tribalistic supporter. What has my post got to do with Obidients?

Lol, even those of you that prayed "may Tinubu government favour me and my family" are now starving to death grin grin
You can vomit whatever rubbish you want, reality will speak for itself.
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by KingKO22: 9:28am On Aug 25, 2023
Ndi IPOB are in severe pain πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€

Any bad news about Nigeria makes them happy and vice versa

This suppose good news is now giving our headless mobs sleepless nights

Pandora Obituary truly inherited MNK terrorist followers
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by MadamExcellency: 9:29am On Aug 25, 2023
helinues:
Anything not in your guy's favour must have been tampered with.

There is nothing like favour when it comes to inflation without a salary or income increase.

I am in the corporate world, in the market and on the streets, I can't pinpoint or relate to any commodity with a price reduction in the last two months. I want to be educated or informed about the commodities and services that their prices reduced in the specific time under review.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by proeast(m): 9:30am On Aug 25, 2023
helinues:
Anything not in you guys favour must have been tampered with.

Nigeria Labour Congress, Atedo Peterside and others have condemned the rubbish from NBS. However, Tinubu and his brainwashed supporters are still deceiving themselves.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by mdimefields: 9:32am On Aug 25, 2023
Arda1000:
I will advise you to stop taking Nigeria matter to the heart they are will tag Ipob,obi etc so better leave Nigeria to the Apc miscreants
If only our Igbo brothers will listen. If only we will just sit on the sideline and observe, while focusing our energy back home. Nigerians should be the one rating their government whether good or bad, na them sabi.
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by mdimefields: 9:35am On Aug 25, 2023
KingKO22:
Ndi IPOB are in severe pain πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€

Any bad news about Nigeria makes them happy and vice versa

This suppose good news is now giving our headless mobs sleepless nights

Pandora Obituary truly inherited MNK terrorist followers
You see the reason you shouldn't be opening threads on Nigerian government, they will tag you IPOB and all manner of labels, without engaging you intelligently. proeast, I hope you are getting this. You cannot critic a tribal government regardless your intention. Rapu india kaha zuzuwa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by Arda1000(m): 9:44am On Aug 25, 2023
mdimefields:

If only our Igbo brothers will listen. If only we will just sit on the sideline and observe, while focusing our energy back home. Nigerians should be the one rating their government whether good or bad, na them sabi.

Agreed and since anyone speaking up is tagged Igbo,Obi,Ipob etc it might look like it’s us feeling the heat more lol so let’s sit back and enjoy the view aye grin

3 Likes

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by GeneralDae: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2023
MadamExcellency:
What the report is saying is that if the National Inflation was 40%, it has fallen by 4.1 to 35.9% for the month or quarter under review.

It is like the current rate of inflation was lesser than the rates of the accumulated figures hence the average fell downwards. We are still in the woods, but nothing drastic happened last month as it relates to employment in Nigeria.
The report said by ILO standards, Nigerian unemployment is 4.1%.
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by mdimefields: 9:55am On Aug 25, 2023
Arda1000:

Agreed and since anyone speaking up is tagged Igbo,Obi,Ipob etc it might look like it’s us feeling the heat more lol so let’s sit back and enjoy the view aye grin
You are very correct
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by igwebuike01: 10:08am On Aug 25, 2023
They have taken their SW propaganda to national level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by proeast(m): 10:11am On Aug 25, 2023
mdimefields:

You see the reason you shouldn't be opening threads on Nigerian government, they will tag you IPOB and all manner of labels, without engaging you intelligently. proeast, I hope you are getting this. You cannot critic a tribal government regardless your intention. Rapu india kaha zuzuwa

See, my brother, I understand the game these misguided ones are playing. They're using tribalism and hate as distraction from the real issues. They're doing all that nonsense to intimidate well meaning Nigerians into giving up.

If only we aren't sharing same country with them, it would have made sense to allow them in their idiotic acts. But unfortunately, their recklessness will still affect everyone if we keep mute.

3 Likes

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by jcross19: 11:28am On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Peter girigory Obi people are still grieving and bereaved over election
so someone must complain about this hardship in town anymore? You are beating a child and ask the child not to cry! What kind of human being God filled Nigeria with? Heartless and devil incarnate that tribalism has eaten deep in them! Next they tagged you upon or obedient!
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by StarRiderr: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2023
mdimefields:

But come to think of it ooo does it mean that all this people that always support anything from APC and Tinubu's propaganda are not in this Country or are they topical morons nawa for this country ooo

2 Likes

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by pandoragirigory: 11:48am On Aug 25, 2023
jcross19:
so someone must complain about this hardship in town anymore? You are beating a child and ask the child not to cry! What kind of human being God filled Nigeria with? Heartless and devil incarnate that tribalism has eaten deep in them! Next they tagged you upon or obedient!
Hardship you have been complaining even before Tinubu became president? first purge yourself of vile bitterness and anguish you have been showing in Nigeria since 1956 and come and let build Nigeria, stop the unnecessary blithering and bleating
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by jcross19: 12:25pm On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Hardship you have been complaining even before Tinubu became president? first purge yourself of vile bitterness and anguish you have been showing in Nigeria since 1956 and come and let build Nigeria, stop the unnecessary blithering and bleating
can you see? So you mean tinubu has nothing to offer? I thought he said he built Lagos! The most intrigued part of it is that you may be one of those who still feed from hand to mouth!

3 Likes

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by pandoragirigory: 12:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
jcross19:
can you see? So you mean tinubu has nothing to offer? I thought he said he built Lagos! The most intrigued part of it is that you may be one of those who still feed from hand to mouth!
You always think everyone share your family members disappointment and disadvantages, continue feeding from hand to mouth in your generations , it is your choice
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by GeneralDae: 12:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
jcross19:
So because he built Lagos, he should build Nigeria in 3 months?
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by AfonjaEmir: 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Keep fooling yourself cool

GeneralDae:

So because he built Lagos, he should build Nigeria in 3 months?

1 Like

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by AfonjaEmir: 12:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
Tinubu built Lagos from Irabiji cool

pandoragirigory:
You always think everyone share your family members disappointment and disadvantages, continue feeding from hand to mouth in your generations , it is your choice

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by mycar: 12:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
SocialJustice:
You won't be missed online because I know for sure that you lament more than the OP offline
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by SocialJustice: 3:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
mycar:

You won't be missed online because I know for sure that you lament more the OP offline
Stop writing like a fool.
Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by SalamRushdie: 4:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
NBS only succeeded in embarrassing itself ..

1 Like

Re: NBS Latest Rubbish: Why No One Takes Nigerian Data Serious by Ritchiee: 4:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
proeast:

Nigeria Labour Congress, Atedo Peterside and others have condemned the rubbish from NBS. However, Tinubu and his brainwashed supporters are still deceiving themselves.

Some people are just funny Sha.
You believe that out of 200m people,133m are poverty stricken but you don't want to believe another data which methodologies were narrated just because you only like to hear bad news about Nigeria.

Truly Nigeria (NBS) short itself in the leg by not using these methodologies since when its African neighbours and most of the world have been using them for years.
Statistics are sometimes funny but it is what it is.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Hidding Chicago Varsity Records Embarrassing To Nigerians – Timi Frank / Jesutega Onokpasa Struggling To Defend Tinubu’s Certificate Saga On Channels TV / Wikipedia Has Updated Tinubu's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.