Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,199 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC (9611 Views)

NCC To Telecom Operators: All SIMs not linked To NIN Must Be Blocked Today / NCC To Sanction Telecom Operators For ‘call Masking’ / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by bolivnnaija: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Nigeria accounts for 82% of Africa’s telecom subscriptions – NCC

By Samson Akintaro

https://nairametrics.com/2023/08/25/nigeria-accounts-for-82-of-africas-telecom-subscriptions-ncc/
When a government is failing, they look at an area that they have not totally distroyed and project it.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by bdon123(m): 11:15am On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is what foreigners see from afar and decide to bring their investments here.

If you are in business and yet to call Nigeria home, please bring your investments to Nigeria. Lagos and the neighbouring SW Yoruba states are ready to host your investments and support you. Just don't meddle in our local politics and don't hate us your Yoruba host so that our land will not withhold its blessings from you and your investment.
God bless Nigeria for ever! Check my signature for free stuffs!
Meaning do not vote a candidate we dont like?yoruba n tribalism blood.its irritating u guys tink like this in 21st century.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by wittywriter: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2023
SmartPolician:
That's the beauty of having a huge population. But when you have a bunch of unproductive population, it becomes a curse to the country.

We should be worried that a country of over 200 million people have a GDP of over $400 billion. Nigeria should be doing close to $800 - $1 trillion now because of her massive population.
Nigeria has no basic and enabled status for optimal productivity due to bad leadership and corrupt practices.
How do you expect such from a country that lacks 24/7 electricity supply and distribution?

Wittyness
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by aklid(m): 11:16am On Aug 25, 2023
And we’re just getting ripped off anyhow yeah
We buy data morethan almost most of the countries out there, and it doesn’t lasts too

Was told in India there’s a sub on airtel that, in the then naira Is approximately 8000/month..
How it works is everyday airtel will top up your sim card with 1gb when u exhaust it you’ll have to wait till 12:00am and they’ll load anada 1gb again… that’s how it is continuously until 1month is over that’s when it expires 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Risingblue008(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
This is what foreigners see from afar and decide to bring their investments here.

If you are in business and yet to call Nigeria home, please bring your investments to Nigeria. Lagos and the neighbouring SW Yoruba states are ready to host your investments and support you. Just don't meddle in our local politics and don't hate us your Yoruba host so that our land will not withhold its blessings from you and your investment.
Then if an ibo man comes,

Just see how ur brain box dey reason
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by SalamRushdie: 11:17am On Aug 25, 2023
Nigerian constitute 17 percent of Africas population yet 82 percent of it's mobile subscription...this is really crazy
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by bdon123(m): 11:17am On Aug 25, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Despite the hardship the country has been plunged into,we(Nigerians) have seemed to have found succour in the internet.....

If data no dey my phone,my body no dey ever do me well...
Thats why i hope NCC should tax data usage so price of data soars. Its currently too cheap thats why miscreants are everywhere on d Internet
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Mosba: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2023
Really? money dey 9ja
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by panpan(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2023
82% of the whole of Africa!
How is this possible?
Are other African countries getting their telecommunications for free?
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Olam09(m): 11:19am On Aug 25, 2023
I spend up to 40k to keep up with browsing and calling every month.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by NORSYK(m): 11:22am On Aug 25, 2023
victory36:
This is absolutely impossible. Let's be reminded that south Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya , and others are also part of Africa. It is virtually impossible for Nigeria to even have half of total Telco subs in Africa unless each Nigerian has at least 4 each and others have 0.5 each

Honestly, it's practically impossible for Nigeria alone to have 80% of entire west Africa let alone Africa as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Dshocker(m): 11:25am On Aug 25, 2023
In every competition, whether good or bad, Nigeria must come first.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On Aug 25, 2023
Consumption giant and production midget.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Matix222: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Despite the hardship the country has been plunged into,we(Nigerians) have seemed to have found succour in the internet.....

If data no dey my phone,my body no dey ever do me well...

Swears bro data is life
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Couldntfigurean: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2023
Judolisco:
That means in West Africa alone we account for 99.9% of subscriptions.... And people go dey shout say we no fit fight Niger Republic.... Some people sef
Abeg no vex,whats the correlation between Telecom subscriptions and fighting Niger,is that what they use to measure Military strength?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2023
29% of the continent’s internet consumption according to the quotes but headline said 82% of subscription?

Lol. Smh. What exactly is going on this forum? Where did nairametrics get this from? Does this even make sense?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by GboyegaD(m): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2023
This is a wake up call to challenge the exorbitant bills of most of our telecommunication companies and also, challenge the government to provide enabling business environment that reduces operational costs of running business.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by kaludestiny10(m): 11:41am On Aug 25, 2023
With all these statistics, Nigerians are still being reaped off by these telecom providers.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Emperor5(m): 11:44am On Aug 25, 2023
The high internet usage is result of unemployment, someone who is always busy on his/her job doesn't have time for internet.
It's more of the reason content Creator are making it big here most of the internet user is for watching videos and other irrelevant task.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Benwallt(m): 11:46am On Aug 25, 2023
Tinubu is working
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Iko5000: 11:50am On Aug 25, 2023
Why do Nigerian Politicians feel that we are dumb , yes we have high subscritptions but 82 percent of African is a big fat lie . Govt magic again

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by 2gbasky22(m): 11:50am On Aug 25, 2023
224 million population na joke to you ?
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by casualobserver: 11:56am On Aug 25, 2023
82% of Africa…when there is Egypt and South Africa? I don’t believe this stat. I think Nigeria’s figures are bloated because many Nigerians have multiple lines. In most other countries, people only have 1 mobile line…..because that’s all they need!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by jice(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You believe this?

https://www.theglobaleconomy.com/rankings/mobile_phone_subscribers/Africa/
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by MrBroke(m): 12:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Good news but wasted on unproductive activities
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by BeigJawnson(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

But Yorubas can put in into politics in other countries like America right?

Then which constitution are you using? Nigeria constitution or Yoruba land constitution? Cos I don't get... Oniranu
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Ventura1: 12:14pm On Aug 25, 2023
Many African countries are impoverished, Nigerians seems not to understand some leaps we've taken over the years.
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by Chetas81(m): 12:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
I HOPE YOU WON'T SAID YOU BETTER THAN EGYPT IN ANY LEVEL OF LIFE, WERE ALL AFRICAN
Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by winterfell007(m): 12:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
victory36:
This is absolutely impossible. Let's be reminded that south Africa, Egypt, Morocco, Kenya , and others are also part of Africa. It is virtually impossible for Nigeria to even have half of total Telco subs in Africa unless each Nigerian has at least 4 each and others have 0.5 each . Nigeria -222.5m, Egypt -103.5m, SA - 100m, Ghana -41m, Kenya- 65m not counting the other 40+ countries. Tell me how again Nigeria has 82% of Africa's Telco subs.🤡
Are you minding that dumb NCC chairman, he wants to scam foreign investors of their hard earned currency. A 200million population that is largely unproductive, even our consumption power has largely depreciated. How many of the working Nigerians can afford to even buy 20GB data subscription. Majority of us are using Facebook free browsing to work.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Accounts For 82% Of Africa’s Telecom Subscriptions – NCC by deltaF0SS: 12:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
..bruh..
🥲😕

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Invalid Imei On My Galaxy S4 Mini / Leagoo Kiicaa Power After-sale Service Now Available In Nigeria / 3D Customized Phone Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.