Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,525 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:12 PM

Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder (20394 Views)

Terrorism, Niger Crisis: Tinubu Shuns ex-Generals For Incoming Cabinet / Ram Costs N1million In Lagos As Cattle Tradersโ€™ Strike Bites Harder / Border Closure Bites Hard On Rice, Textile Shops In Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Trueigbo: 6:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
May God help Nigeria
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Didi2d(m): 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
MrB0LD:
Is there a commodity in this country that we don't depend on other countries for? Someone should enlighten me please.!

Dates! Like dates ooo, we dey import am.

I use to think that the North was self-sufficient in terms of food, including livestock. So na wash since....
It is well.

The same thing went through my mind, so I began thinking if the write up is about spoiling the present government's image.

Cos all the while I believe the north was self sufficient and capable of feeding the whole Nigeria
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by maasoap(m): 7:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
GanagiBitrus:
More hardship for Buhari cousins.
DatNaijaGuy:
The north is getting a little bit of what the south went through when Buhari closed southern borders and left northern borders open.
I see northerners protesting against Tinubu's policy in the coming days.

You guys mumu no be small. You don't have sense to know that these animals and other items are also moved down to the south from the northern states? Whatever scarcity northerners will face over this development, it will be worse for southerners because we're feeding off their remnants grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by maasoap(m): 7:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Didi2d:

The same thing went through my mind, so I began thinking if the write up is about spoiling the present government's image.

Cos all the while I believe the north was self sufficient and capable of feeding the whole Nigeria

At least, they can feed themselves. It is traders that their businesses are being affected. Wait till you see the prices of these items going up in the south
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Chetas81(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
NO AFRICAN NATION'S LOVE TO LIVE WELL, THEY PREFER MISERABLE LIVING ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 Like

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by GanagiBitrus: 7:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
maasoap:

You guys mumu no be small. You don't have sense to know that these animals and other items are also moved down to the south from the northern states? Whatever scarcity northerners will face over this development, it will be worse for southerners because we're feeding off their remnants grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by writeprof(m): 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2023
But a large chunk of the cattle and sheep being consumed in all parts of Nigeria comes from Niger, according to findings and interviews with those doing the business.

What do we produce ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2023
Na only yheebos the thing go affect.
Ronu oooo!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by hegelian: 8:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
ManirBK:
No comment today!!!

ofcourse no comments becasue you dont who to call ipob, if its the north suffering for what they dont know anything about or tinubu presidency which you vowed to used its failure to taunt those you see as your enemy when in the end every bad policy is suffered by the innocents not those you think you you hate...such is the life of a hypocrite..i hope you get cured someday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Justiceleague1: 8:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
Oh my God,so my dear Dabino is affected!!! embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Gajagojo: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
So they are telling us,confirming that Buhari's closure was audio closure and only for SW?
Buhari is on record as saying

We must eat what we grow and grow what we eat OR DIE

He said so

So let us not pretend

When were the borders officially reopened?

1 Like

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Bfly: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nigeria no just dey self- sufficient. People must complain
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Gajagojo: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
maasoap:

We will adapt to pork
Very delicious

1 Like

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by omoharry(f): 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
Killer fulani headmen go use style reduced sha!

1 Like

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by learnedman(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2023
Just blame the old owlish looking exconvict named Ebola Tinubu grin shocked
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Okwyjesus(m): 8:59pm On Aug 25, 2023
ManirBK:

https://dailytrust.com/niger-crisis-cow-sheep-shortage-looms-as-border-closure-bites-harder/

That boarder should be closed permanently.

It's route to many evil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by soccerlite: 9:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
Pork meat delicacy better

But I thought buhadisaster said the northern border is too long to be managed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by soccerlite: 9:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
MrB0LD:
Is there a commodity in this country that we don't depend on other countries for? Someone should enlighten me please.!

Dates! Like dates ooo, we dey import am.

I use to think that the North was self-sufficient in terms of food, including livestock. So na wash since....
It is well.

Apples sold and eaten in nigeria is imported too

Some fruits are not favourable to the nigeria climate

The plantain, yam, cassava etc found in nigeria isn't grown in many countries

That's why will have nigeria Kitchen in some countries
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by LordReed(m): 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
Perfect time to take red meat off my diet, doctor don talk am already.

1 Like

Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Iamzik: 10:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
Pakute:
Tchiani will soon run away in hijab just like Ojukwu fled in a woman's gown.

Dream on!
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by samuel9000: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
When last I eat meat.....forget about their meat, dates etc.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by skywalker240(m): 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Nightwolf1:

You are talking about war and the good thing is, there is no war now yet you wan kpai. Hope you have collected your 2 cups of rice to palliate your hungry looking self.๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
As in enh

Hungry de kill dem ooo, but them go still de shout.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Knetpro(m): 12:44am On Aug 26, 2023
Thanks for the heads up.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Sheggy13(m): 1:21am On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:
But buhari close the southern border. Is that not wickedness?

And these Northerners kept quiet. They were enjoying the show them as he left their own borders open. Buhari was indeed the worst thing to happen to Nigeria.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by orisa37: 4:57am On Aug 26, 2023
VERY GOOD. NO MORE HERDSMEN NUISANCE, NO MORE BOKOHARAM, BANDITS AND TERRORISTS.
FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM BY CHRISTANA AMANPOUR CNN.
TCHIANI HAS WON.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Patriotcreed: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2023
jmoore:
ECOWAS have mismanaged the situation.
A case study of how inept black african leaders are.
So how efficient is Europe and NATO in handling Ukraine situation?

People like you are the problem of ECOWAS.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Patriotcreed: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2023
Trueigbo:
May God help Nigeria
Pray for yourself.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by Exceed15: 9:59am On Aug 26, 2023
Serves the north right o . They voted him.
Re: Niger Crisis: Cow, Sheep Shortage Looms As Border Closure Bites Harder by aurecia: 1:18pm On Aug 26, 2023
LittleFinger1:
If you have a need that 2k can solve, check the post below.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Departs Beijing, Arrives Shanghai (photos) / Fayose At PDP South-West Reconciliation Committee Meeting In Ekiti (Photos) / 4 APC Governors Co-opt Ministers In Fresh Anti-Oshiomhole Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.